Play Off Final - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Play Off Final - Post Match Discussion

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:00 pm He's taking the piss out of us ...he's not a Leeds fan
But we don't care. Sad that other fans find us a bigger club than what they are. I love it.....Must be awful supporting a tin pot club....so I do understand their need to Covet what they see at Leeds Utd.

No doubt they will have to look up the word Covet.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

After listening to a few video reactions the main complaint from the fans or the most consistent was the Wembley atmosphere was rubbish.

The Southampton fans had one song which they sang all the time, whereas the Leeds fans were singing three different songs in different parts of the stadium, and it was all disjointed, much like the team. There was no unity both in the singing and the playing.

I could well imagine the confusion the players felt hearing different songs depending where they were on the pitch... confusion and chaos... and it was reflected in their game. I think Heidi even mentioned it on her blog.

I had the thought from the Silmarillion that the Gods sang the worlds into existence, that something beautiful was created through song... but the evil one wanted to have his own song, so there was a battle of song in heaven... the disjointed cacophony of song from the Leeds fans, in some way contributed to the defeat.

The lack of unity in the singing was a metaphor for what happened on the pitch.

And that is the metaphysical reason for our defeat.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

I am also reminded of the Duel in the Swamp where singing is used to achieve victory over an opponent.

The Kalevala, an epic poem from Finland, tells the story of Väinämöinen, a legendary singer and musician, who is known for his magical singing abilities.

In one famous episode, Väinämöinen engages in a singing duel with Joukahainen, a young and arrogant singer.

The duel takes place in a swamp, where Väinämöinen
uses his singing to transform the swamp into a treacherous and deadly environment for Joukahainen.

I am afraid Southampton sang Leeds into a swamp.
IMG_20240527_104657.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20240527_074749.jpg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:25 am But we don't care. Sad that other fans find us a bigger club than what they are. I love it.....Must be awful supporting a tin pot club....so I do understand their need to Covet what they see at Leeds Utd.

No doubt they will have to look up the word Covet.
lol ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Could we have a shot at Graham Potter?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:50 am Could we have a shot at Graham Potter?
Telescopic sights?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Potter might want to see what’s left after the departures
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I felt the players hurt & sad emotions as they stood in a line facing the Leeds fans, minutes after the final whistle.

I couldn't believe how many of our fans turned their backs on our players & left the stadium like a sinking ship.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:50 am Could we have a shot at Graham Potter?
I think at 12 bore shot gun would be most effective.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sean_Nile wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:54 am I think at 12 bore shot gun would be most effective.
I think Potter is better than Farke
morgleman
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by morgleman »

As a neutral, if you had played like you did against Norwich, you would have won by a Country mile. See you again at Home Park next season. Good Luck
Kevdoh584
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Kevdoh584 »

You are the definition of a tin pot club. Most delusional fans. Your support is w**k for the size and population of your city. Your team has been w**k most of the 40 years I've been alive and even the few good years you had it was from overspending and fucked you hard when it went tits up. Leeds are a nothing club. Been to elland road a few times it's like the Liverpool. Shite no atmosphere and speakers turned on because you've got proper hardcore plastic supporters. 🖕 f**k off and rot away. You really are shite
Kevdoh584
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Kevdoh584 »

Forgot to congratulate you on winning the scarf waving cup 2024 what an achievement
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:22 pm I think Potter is better than Farke
Steve Cooper would also be an option, but I expect they will stick with Farke.

Especially as they gave him a five year deal and won't want to add a pay off sum to our debts.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Kevdoh584 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:03 pm Forgot to congratulate you on winning the scarf waving cup 2024 what an achievement
Cheers Kev 😀

As Farke keeps reminding us we won the trophy 🏆 for getting 90 points and not being promoted.

Hell of an achievement 🙌
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:16 pm Steve Cooper would also be an option, but I expect they will stick with Farke.

Especially as they gave him a five year deal and won't want to add a pay off sum to our debts.
Giving him that length of contract was ridiculous and proudly saying "he interviewed us" showed how wrong our recruitment process was.

He was a manager living off success 3 years prior who in 6 seasons as a manager has had 2 good ones, could have been or was sacked in the other 4.

Tinpot mentality and symptomatic of an inexperienced and ill prepared ownership.

He should have got a 2 year one with an option for a 3rd at most.

Now stuck with him in all liklihood
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kevdoh584 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:58 pm You are the definition of a tin pot club. Most delusional fans. Your support is w**k for the size and population of your city. Your team has been w**k most of the 40 years I've been alive and even the few good years you had it was from overspending and fucked you hard when it went tits up. Leeds are a nothing club. Been to elland road a few times it's like the Liverpool. Shite no atmosphere and speakers turned on because you've got proper hardcore plastic supporters. 🖕 f**k off and rot away. You really are shite
Oh dear....hit a nerve have we? Love it.
You should concentrate on your soon to be managerless tin pot club.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:21 pm Oh dear....hit a nerve have we? Love it.
You should concentrate on your soon to be managerless tin pot club.
Is he a Lester fan?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:24 pm Is he a Lester fan?
Can't be Leicester as they create no atmosphere whatsoever going from the several times I've attended the King Power Stadium, they weren't that good at Filbert Street.

Apparently he's into welding.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kevdoh584 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:03 pm Forgot to congratulate you on winning the scarf waving cup 2024 what an achievement
Blimey, you must be a sad, bitter man.