Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
marie67
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:24 am

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Cat, Durly, Marie & Riot to VOTE

Post by marie67 »

10,000 Maniacs
Gin Blossoms
INXS
K.D. Lang
Inspiral Carpets
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Cat, Durly & Riot to VOTE

Post by Muppet the Cat »

5pts - Kyuss
4pts - Inspiral Carpets
3pts - James
2pts - Afghan Whigs
1pt - Pale Saints
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Durly & Riot to VOTE

Post by White Riot »

Roy Orbison
INXS Beautiful Girl is just an amazingly well crafted song
Inspiral Carpets
JAMC
Pale Saints
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by 1964white »

ALBUM OF 1992 (PART III)

VOTE NOW

THOSE THAT HAVE VOTED ARE IN BLUE

Inspiral Carpets - Revenge of the Goldfish - Cussie - 16
James - Seven - Lorimer - 12
10,000 Maniacs - Our Time in Eden - Marie - 12
Roger Waters - Amused To Death - Mrs64 - 11
Nick Cave - Henry's Dream - 64 - 9
Vangelis - 1492: Conquest of Paradise' (Soundtrack) - 64 - 8
Roy Orbison - King Of Hearts - Riot - 7
INXS - 'Welcome To Wherever You Are' - Riot - 7
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Honey's Dead - 1304 - 6
K.D. Lang - Ingenue - Mrs64 - 6
Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience - Marie - 6
Dr Dre - The Chronic - 1304 - 5
Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun - Muppet - 5
Annie Lennox - Diva - Lorimer - 3
Afghan Whigs - 'Congregation' - Durly - 2
Pale Saints - In Ribbons - Muppet - 2
Big Black - Pigpile - Durly - 0
No Nominations - Hector
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:37 pm ALBUM OF 1992 (PART III)

VOTE NOW

THOSE THAT HAVE VOTED ARE IN BLUE

Inspiral Carpets - Revenge of the Goldfish - Cussie - 16
James - Seven - Lorimer - 12
10,000 Maniacs - Our Time in Eden - Marie - 12
Roger Waters - Amused To Death - Mrs64 - 11
Nick Cave - Henry's Dream - 64 - 9
Vangelis - 1492: Conquest of Paradise' (Soundtrack) - 64 - 8
Roy Orbison - King Of Hearts - Riot - 7
INXS - 'Welcome To Wherever You Are' - Riot - 7
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Honey's Dead - 1304 - 6
K.D. Lang - Ingenue - Mrs64 - 6
Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience - Marie - 6
Dr Dre - The Chronic - 1304 - 5
Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun - Muppet - 5
Annie Lennox - Diva - Lorimer - 3
Afghan Whigs - 'Congregation' - Durly - 2
Pale Saints - In Ribbons - Muppet - 2
Big Black - Pigpile - Durly - 0
No Nominations - Hector
Ant news from Durly Leon?

Voting has been open for eleven days.

I realise that this time of the year people are on holiday.

We're going away in the mountains for a few days this week for a bit of relief from the ongoing heatwave 38c here today and feels much hotter when you venture outside.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:27 am Ant news from Durly Leon?

Voting has been open for eleven days.

I realise that this time of the year people are on holiday.

We're going away in the mountains for a few days this week for a bit of relief from the ongoing heatwave 38c here today and feels much hotter when you venture outside.
Felt a little uninspiring both in terms of a 4 way winner which is ridiculous imo, no point doing it in that case and the fact we had to double up on nominations which did affect voting. It'll get worse once into this century..

I think it's run it's course tbh,
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:39 am Felt a little uninspiring both in terms of a 4 way winner which is ridiculous imo, no point doing it in that case and the fact we had to double up on nominations which did affect voting. It'll get worse once into this century..

I think it's run it's course tbh,
Aye, fair enough Faaip, I think you're correct.

Tbh I'm usually that busy that I've gotta skim through albums that I don't know and that's not really giving them a chance.

Maybe we could do singles again, or something like that?

It's disappointing that we have lots of forum members who participate in football debates, but aren't bothered with any interaction about music.

Btw, I think you have done a great job with this thread, so thanks for your efforts.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:50 am Aye, fair enough Faaip, I think you're correct.

Tbh I'm usually that busy that I've gotta skim through albums that I don't know and that's not really giving them a chance.

Maybe we could do singles again, or something like that?

It's disappointing that we have lots of forum members who participate in football debates, but aren't bothered with any interaction about music.

Btw, I think you have done a great job with this thread, so thanks for your efforts.
No problem... and thanks. 64 has also done a great job along the way. Skimming is often enough to be fair. No one has the time to do "justice" to an album that doesn't take hold immediately. I usually know within 5/6 minutes if it's going to be an album I'd enjoy to partake of fully and life's too short to chase bad/uninteresting albums

This forum might be very slow in the off season if it weren't for EB's news daily...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:27 am Ant news from Durly Leon?

Voting has been open for eleven days.

I realise that this time of the year people are on holiday.

We're going away in the mountains for a few days this week for a bit of relief from the ongoing heatwave 38c here today and feels much hotter when you venture outside.
No mate, Durly seems to have changed his username on another forum he posts on, so I have lost contact with him, James.

I haven't given up on the album polls yet, we still have nine players.

I've been a bit busy, plus we are on our holiday's now, so I haven't given the polls my full attention over the last week or so.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:58 am This forum might be very slow in the off season if it weren't for EB's news daily...
It was good work that I poached EB a few years ago, Matt does a fine job.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:14 am It was good work that I poached EB a few years ago, Matt does a fine job.
He does, I'm amazed that some on here are so offended when he starts a debate :lol:
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:12 am No mate, Durly seems to have changed his username on another forum he posts on, so I have lost contact with him, James.

I haven't given up on the album polls yet, we still have nine players.

I've been a bit busy, plus we are on our holiday's now, so I haven't given the polls my full attention over the last week or so.
Fair enough Leon :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:19 am He does, I'm amazed that some on here are so offended when he starts a debate :lol:
Makes no sense to be so critical.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:20 pm Makes no sense to be so critical.
Only makes sense to the nonsensical Leon :)
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Durly to VOTE

Post by CUSSIE01 »

By default can I open the champagne for Inspiral Carpets then 🥂🍾 ?
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by CUSSIE01 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:39 am Felt a little uninspiring both in terms of a 4 way winner which is ridiculous imo, no point doing it in that case and the fact we had to double up on nominations which did affect voting. It'll get worse once into this century..

I think it's run it's course tbh,
Don’t give up on this yet, you guys are doing a brilliant job running this and I’m always picking up new music along the way. Even when scrolling through albums to nominate I’ll come across something I’ve forgotten about and start listening again. What about combining an album & single poll where you still pick your album but nominate your favourite track from it as well and vote separately ? How many good albums have 1/2 outstanding tracks on them but get no votes as the rest are terrible ?
Maybe need a reminder put up that this is open to everyone as some posters may think this is a closed group, must be plenty of people reading this thread who have never posted on the forum & have an interest in music, an easy way in to get started posting.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Durly to VOTE

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:51 pm By default can I open the champagne for Inspiral Carpets then 🥂🍾 ?
You can indeed, Cussie
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Durly to VOTE

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:35 pm You can indeed, Cussie
Congratulations Cussie 🎉👏

An inspired move⭐
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III) - Durly to VOTE

Post by Durly »

Sorry guys. Just realy haven't had time to get anywhere near into this, this time round. Presume this is closed off now and I don't need to vote?
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Album of 1992 (Part III)

Post by The Subhuman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:06 pm Don’t give up on this yet, you guys are doing a brilliant job running this and I’m always picking up new music along the way. Even when scrolling through albums to nominate I’ll come across something I’ve forgotten about and start listening again. What about combining an album & single poll where you still pick your album but nominate your favourite track from it as well and vote separately ? How many good albums have 1/2 outstanding tracks on them but get no votes as the rest are terrible ?
Maybe need a reminder put up that this is open to everyone as some posters may think this is a closed group, must be plenty of people reading this thread who have never posted on the forum & have an interest in music, an easy way in to get started posting.
No good albums have only one or two good tracks.. imo...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply