Slow start To The market

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
morris474
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:39 pm

Slow start To The market

Post by morris474 »

So, so far we have sold Archie, Kamara, . Summerville., Gnonto Meslier, and Gruev rumoured to be on there way.
we have bought Roden, Cairns and Allen in.

Is it just me or are we not exactly jumping for joy at the improvements to The squad so far, I forgot Our returning Aronson Rasmus etc So that's all good then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened to signing a striker ? because that didn't look like a position we have needed to improve for the last three years at all.
I think I now Know why they are called the 49 ers. They take you over and sell 49% of your squad, the one which wasn't quite good enough to get promotion last year.
And still are deluded enough to think we will be challenging for promotion again this coming season. (Madness)

I also think i now know why we will have BULL on our shirts next year.
Relegation or mid table very much on the cards I think.
If this is improving I'm in a parallel universe.

Ref my season ticket, its a cancel , cancel for me
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Orange Box »

morris474 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:18 pm So, so far we have sold Archie, Kamara, . Summerville., Gnonto Meslier, and Gruev rumoured to be on there way.
we have bought Roden, Cairns and Allen in.

Is it just me or are we not exactly jumping for joy at the improvements to The squad so far, I forgot Our returning Aronson Rasmus etc So that's all good then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened to signing a striker ? because that didn't look like a position we have needed to improve for the last three years at all.
I think I now Know why they are called the 49 ers. They take you over and sell 49% of your squad, the one which wasn't quite good enough to get promotion last year.
And still are deluded enough to think we will be challenging for promotion again this coming season. (Madness)

I also think i now know why we will have BULL on our shirts next year.
Relegation or mid table very much on the cards I think.
If this is improving I'm in a parallel universe.

Ref my season ticket, its a cancel , cancel for me
Short sighted. You’ll have no shortage of takers for that ticket.
morris474
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:39 pm

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by morris474 »

Thanks orange Box,
And you are correct in a way. There will be people wanting the ticket because Leeds have such a large fantastic fanbase.
Personally I cant justify spending that sort of Money, knowing we are selling rolls Royce's and replacing them with Ford Fiestas.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by The Subhuman »

Interesting op, but covered elsewhere in depth with more analysis....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Kennyb41 »

Unless you start losing any sleep over it Morris, just carry on your normal day to day activities.

No need pal :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by 1964white »

Morris, I have just read all of your 23 posts since you joined this forum in 2022.

Not one positive post amongst them.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Jaydog »

Can you cancel your season ticket twice?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by GreennWhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:46 pm Morris, I have just read all of your 23 posts since you joined this forum in 2022.

Not one positive post amongst them.
Do you think Morris is a threat to the Kingdom of Cjay, early days yet with only 23 negative posts but you have to start somewhere :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:47 pm Can you cancel your season ticket twice?
I'm unaware of LUFC refunding cancelled season-tickets.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:46 pm Morris, I have just read all of your 23 posts since you joined this forum in 2022.

Not one positive post amongst them.
Is he Geronimo in disguise?
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:46 pm Morris, I have just read all of your 23 posts since you joined this forum in 2022.

Not one positive post amongst them.
He'll fit right in then!
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by The Subhuman »

Interesting, there is some negativity here, some positivity and a few of us with rational concerns based on the evidence as it stands.... It's what makes the forum a perfect place to express opinions I'd have thought... The one thing I'd never accuse CJay of is negativity.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:46 pm Morris, I have just read all of your 23 posts since you joined this forum in 2022.

Not one positive post amongst them.
More than enough reason to keep your eye on him then and ban, with another good reason being any support he receives from Faaip.

Going off past experience, he tends to act either in tandem, or multiple alias.

Just sayin like.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:47 pm Interesting, there is some negativity here, some positivity and a few of us with rational concerns based on the evidence as it stands.... It's what makes the forum a perfect place to express opinions I'd have thought... The one thing I'd never accuse CJay of is negativity.
Ah too kind :)

But we been on this forum long enough to know how it works.

The "not true fan" brigade like to stamp down on anything that doesn't paint everything as being wonderful.

It tends to fade in time as the little cliques break up and start disagreeing with one another.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:55 pm More than enough reason to keep your eye on him then and ban, with another good reason being any support he receives from Faaip.

Going off past experience, he tends to act either in tandem, or multiple alias.

Just sayin like.
Do you have proof of that?

Or just making wild accusations ?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:57 pm Do you have proof of that?

Or just making wild accusations ?
Absolutely loads, but i'm locked out of the site to access them all.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:50 pm Ah too kind :)

But we been on this forum long enough to know how it works.

The "not true fan" brigade like to stamp down on anything that doesn't paint everything as being wonderful.

It tends to fade in time as the little cliques break up and start disagreeing with one another.
The year under Marsch was horrible, the half season after he went was horrible. By contrast last year for me was very positive and I am hopeful for another good season with hopefully a better ending than last season.

I judge it as I see it. Under TC promising then disappointing, under Hecky simply abysmal.

Under Monk it was poor football, good results and a sense of perhaps building something.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by mentalcase »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:57 pm Do you think Morris is a threat to the Kingdom of Cjay, early days yet with only 23 negative posts but you have to start somewhere :)
:)
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by GreennWhite »

We are never going to progress the way we need to until all these f***ed up contracts and the players they belong to are done and dusted. Yet again the pre-season is messed up as we dont really know whats going on regarding who will stay and who will leave.
We may well have to go through another season of what if and maybe`s. If thats the case then we just have to get over it, suck it up and move on.
We can moan and complain all we like, have hissy fits and throw the toys out of the pram but it wont change anything. I know this wont happen but it would be nice to see everyone get behind the CLUB and support them, rather than blame them for everything that goes wrong.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Slow start To The market

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:47 am The year under Marsch was horrible, the half season after he went was horrible. By contrast last year for me was very positive and I am hopeful for another good season with hopefully a better ending than last season.

I judge it as I see it. Under TC promising then disappointing, under Hecky simply abysmal.

Under Monk it was poor football, good results and a sense of perhaps building something.
It was TC that really got me onto this forum. I'd been in the wilderness as a Leeds fan. We didn't really get lower league coverage on ESPN until Leeds were in the Premier League. But the start of the Christiansen season, on the back of a promising Monk season, was a sign that we were heading in the right direction. Plus it was the year when Orta brought in like 20 players. So there was always something to talk about. Sadly Jay Roy Grot and Pawel Cbicki never reached the levels I hoped they would. But Klich (even though he was out on loan), Alioski, and Saiz all captured the imagination. It was really the Christiansen team that Bielsa took to new heights.

I tried to get behind Heckingbottom. But that really was an abysmal time. Always losing, rarely finishing with 11 on the pitch

Then Bielsa came .... And (in the words of Phil Hay) it was beautiful
Post Reply