US Masters 2026 Golf Comp

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Golf Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:43 am Shane moaning about the back nine set up.
Tees should’ve been up on 15 & 17.
Diddums
Probably pure frustration JD, has played some brilliant golf over 3 days in terrible golfing weather and apart from a couple of bad holes deserved to up near the top. I reckon he’d still be praying for bad weather today though as it would play to his strengths and level the field.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:43 am Shane moaning about the back nine set up.
Tees should’ve been up on 15 & 17.
Diddums
I presume you mean yesterday not today.

Feck me, what's he scriking about, he's perhaps one of the only ones that could reach,

He lost it after the coffin, he let it get to him, shows his lack of mental toughness, finding fault at something other than him.

look inward Shane, it's the only way to find what the problem is, blaming everything but, will get you nowhere.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:16 am Probably pure frustration JD, has played some brilliant golf over 3 days in terrible golfing weather and apart from a couple of bad holes deserved to up near the top. I reckon he’d still be praying for bad weather today though as it would play to his strengths and level the field.
Exactly, i thought coming from Ireland, he could quite easily be loving these conditions and piss it from here, when he was -8 that is.

He let some bad breaks get to him, instead of putting them behind him, look at Brown for instance, he had some tough s**t to deal with as well as Shane, he was damn unlucky on the last, along with a good few other holes.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:16 am Probably pure frustration JD, has played some brilliant golf over 3 days in terrible golfing weather and apart from a couple of bad holes deserved to up near the top. I reckon he’d still be praying for bad weather today though as it would play to his strengths and level the field.
He’s possibly one of the best links players on the planet but he should take a leaf from Billy’s book. He just laughed in the face of it. Or Brown who I read was doing selfies down 18. Was he? If he was 🤣
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:26 am I presume you mean yesterday not today.

Feck me, what's he scriking about, he's perhaps one of the only ones that could reach,

He lost it after the coffin, he let it get to him, shows his lack of mental toughness, finding fault at something other than him.

look inward Shane, it's the only way to find what the problem is, blaming everything but, will get you nowhere.
Correct. A lot of pros will s**t themselves when they hit driver and fairway metal and are still short of a par 4. But it’s the same for all of them. Tough day for Shane but I would’ve sucked it up if I was him. He’s not out of it. Nor are the level par players including Scotty
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_9600.jpeg
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:34 am Correct. A lot of pros will s**t themselves when they hit driver and fairway metal and are still short of a par 4. But it’s the same for all of them. Tough day for Shane but I would’ve sucked it up if I was him. He’s not out of it. Nor are the level par players including Scotty
Some like Brown/ Horschel/ Rose etc used their heads, and started playing for 3 onto the green, trying to get it close enough to 1 putt, and in the main did it quite well, very often scrambling home.

While he in the meantime, tried to bash wholly hell out the ball, thus losing direction, his fault, and his fault only (maybe Caddie anorl)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:40 am Some like Brown/ Horschel/ Rose etc used their heads, and started playing for 3 onto the green, trying to get it close enough to 1 putt, and in the main did it quite well, very often scrambling home.

While he in the meantime, tried to bash wholly hell out the ball, thus losing direction, his fault, and his fault only (maybe Caddie anorl)
He should know better tbh.
6 of the top 12 players are major winners.
A few of the other 6 are definitely capable.
Could be a classic.
Winning score? -5 is my guess.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Cash out £28.50 on the balance of my Scott bet.
No chance. I’m letting that go for a possible bag.
Xander & Morikawa also onside. If anything I’d go back in for Scott. His chance is still being somewhat underestimated imo. Currently 46 on BF.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:58 am He should know better tbh.
6 of the top 12 players are major winners.
A few of the other 6 are definitely capable.
Could be a classic.
Winning score? -5 is my guess.
Someone's gonna have some round where most things go right and the ball drops, anyones guess who that'll be for, if it's a top player it depends where they are now.

Jeez, winning score ? Toughie - I think it's going to be a bit more favourable weather wise today (but it wouldn't surprise me if that changes and gets really tough)....depends on pin positions suppose (like it should do, make the fckers think)

I'm waiting for the conditions report, but feel someone's gonna shoot a 66/67, depends where they are now.

I'll go for -7 (don't ask me why)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:02 am Cash out £28.50 on the balance of my Scott bet.
No chance. I’m letting that go for a possible bag.
Xander & Morikawa also onside. If anything I’d go back in for Scott. His chance is still being somewhat underestimated imo. Currently 46 on BF.
I've still got £270 to come if Scott wins, so i'll let it ride.

£322 if Rose wins.
£290 if Brown wins

Cash out currently = £48.84, i'll keep my eye on it all day and most likely just let it run, i'm free rolling anyway and just love the excitement of it all if i'm close, it's just got to be close this, unless someone like Scheffler finds the birdies, i hope he has a rare shite day of luck, some wind dragging him into the coffin, then out into another would be funny.

I hope we're coming down the last 6 holes with loads in contention, it'll be a cracker if so, especially if someone's in the clubhouse with a slender lead.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Golf Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:38 amIMG_9600.jpeg
To be honest I hadn’t seen or read his comments & thought it was just a general moan about the weather after a s**t day. It’s not really like him though as he’s usually such an easy going laid back bloke. Still hoping him, Brown & Rose do well today as I’d prefer the trophy to stay this side of the pond.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Looking tough out there. Coltart says the wind is going to be constant all day. Bob Mc with a woolly hat on. Brutal back nine again 😁
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

They are saying the front nine is tough today I presume due to the wind direction (?)
No one amongst the leading dozen or so will go low in that case.
Carnoustie vibes. Remember Paul Lawrie.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Golf Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Rahm already gotten himself to -1.

He could very well be the guy to post the score everyone has to chase.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:16 pm Rahm already gotten himself to -1.

He could very well be the guy to post the score everyone has to chase.
Make that 3 in a row and in the red numbers on the board.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Chilli D »

It's gonna be a classic shoot out today. Try and post a score on the front 9 and then hang on for dear life on the back 9
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Like I said +2s have a chance. Rahm only 2 back now
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Rahm and Adam Scott looking good early doors
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Golf Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Justin Rose looking awfully solid. Not bad for a qualifier. :)
Post Reply