US Masters 2026 Golf Comp

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Golf Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Rose in at -7. Shooting four under on the last day of The Open should have been good enough.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Golf Thread

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:42 pm It’s totally over Malcolm.
Xander knows how to get it done now. Unflappable.
Boring cnut fkn ruined it :lol:

I don't mean you Jay :lol:
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:28 pm Boring cnut fkn ruined it :lol:

I don't mean you Jay :lol:
:roflmao:
Not boring if he was one of your bets.
He was one of mine 💰
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Golf Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Fully deserved for Xander, anyone know someone whose name begins with X, can’t be many of them around.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Chilli D »

A bit of an anti climax in the end but congratulations to Xander, he's a good bloke.
Gutted for Rose though, he gave it everything today but the bogey on 12 put him on the back foot and he was playing catch up from then.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:51 pm A bit of an anti climax in the end but congratulations to Xander, he's a good bloke.
Gutted for Rose though, he gave it everything today but the bogey on 12 put him on the back foot and he was playing catch up from then.
I think the 2 finishing on -7 have got to be gutted. You simply very rarely lose if you post that figure and then get beat by a 65
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Golf Thread

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:34 pm :roflmao:
Not boring if he was one of your bets.
He was one of mine 💰
Well done mate 👏

I thought Xander thoroughly deserved the win today :ok:

I expect Scheffler will dominate for quite a few years now, he's one heck of a player.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:13 pm Well done mate 👏

I thought Xander thoroughly deserved the win today :ok:

I expect Scheffler will dominate for quite a few years now, he's one heck of a player.
Cheers Riot.
By the time the next round of household bills come through it’ll be gone 😭
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Golf Thread

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:19 pm Oh and that’s 2 majors v Scotties 2.
But everyone bangs on about him. He’s nobody till he’s won an Open.
Not a Scottie fan then Jay? :)
I like them noth - good guys and good for the game.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

:tup:
malcolmw wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:07 pm Not a Scottie fan then Jay? :)
I like them noth - good guys and good for the game.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:07 pm Not a Scottie fan then Jay? :)
I like them noth - good guys and good for the game.
I like them both but Scottie needs to do a bit more than he has before he gets the label of greatness that seems to have already been bestowed on him.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Golf Thread

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:20 pm I like them both but Scottie needs to do a bit more than he has before he gets the label of greatness that seems to have already been bestowed on him.
95 weeks at number 1.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:53 pm 95 weeks at number 1.
So was Garry Glitter
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Golf Thread

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:09 pm So was Garry Glitter
Really. In spite of his bad slice?
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:08 am Really. In spite of his bad slice?
At her majesty’s pleasure. Or his now I suppose.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8780
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:09 pm So was Garry Glitter
😂😂😂
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Golf Thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

IMG_0273.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Well I failed (again) in getting US Masters tickets in the ballot. Hopefully better luck for next years Open.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Golf Thread

Post by GreennWhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:29 am IMG_0273.jpeg
Its better than the old days when murals were painted on the end of walls, men in balaclavas with rifles :)
User avatar
malcolmw
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Golf Thread

Post by malcolmw »

Darren or Ernie for Senior Open at Carnoustue this week.
Post Reply