Re: A to Z of Pop - ERASURE - Result!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
A selection of JOHN LENNON SONGS
(Just Like) Starting Over (1980)
#9 Dream (1974)
Angela (1972)
Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) (1980)
Borrowed Time (1984)
Cold Turkey (1969)
Crippled Inside (1971)
Gimme Some Truth (1971)
Give Peace A Chance (1969)
God (1970)
Grow Old With Me (1984)
Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (1971)
Hold On (1970)
How Do You Sleep? (1971)
I Found Out (1970)
I'm Losing You (1980)
I'm Moving On (1980)
Imagine (1971)
Instant Karma (1970)
Isolation (1970)
Jealous Guy (1971)
John Sinclair (1972)
Listen, The Snow Is Falling (1972)
Love (1970)
Mind Games (1973)
Mother (1970)
Nobody Told Me (1984)
Oh My Love (1971)
Power To The People (1971)
Remember (1970)
Steel and Glass (1974)
Surprise Surprise (Sweet Bird of Paradox) (1974)
Tight A$ (1973)
Watching The Wheels (1980)
Whatever Gets You Thru The Night (1974)
Woman (1980)
Woman Is The Ni--er Of The World (1972)
Working Class Hero (1970)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Winning Songs
Abba Dancing Queen
AC/DC 'Touch Too Much'
Arcade Fire 'Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)'
Beach Boys 'God Only Knows'
Beatles 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'
Bowie David Suffragette City = Heroes
Clash 'London Calling'
Elvis Costello 'Oliver's Army'
Cure 'A Forest'
Dire Straits 'Sultans Of Swing'
Doors 'Riders On The Storm'
Dr.Feelgood Milk and Alcohol
Eagles 'Hotel California.
Echo & The Bunnymen 'The Killing Moon'
ELO 'Don't Bring Me Down'
Roberta Flack 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Free 'Wishing Well'
Fleetwood Mac (Pete Green) 'Man Of The World/Albatross (joint winners)
Fleetwood Mac (Nicks/Perfect 'The Chain'
Peter Gabriel 'Games Without Frontiers'
Gaye Marvin 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'
Guns n Roses 'November Rain'
PJ Harvey 'The Glorious Land'
Hendrix Jimi 'All Along The Watchtower'
Housemartins 'Build'
Iggy Pop 'Lust For Life
Iron Maiden 'Run To The Hills'
Isley Brothers 'Harvest For The World' = 'Summer Breeze'
Jackson Joe 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'/ It's Different For Girls - (joint-winners)
Jam 'Down In The Tube Station At Midnight'
Jethro Tull Heavy Horses, Baker St Muse, We Used To Know, The Silver Cord, The Hair Who Lost His Spectacles, Raising Steam.
Kaiser Chiefs 'I Predict A Riot'
Kings Of Leon 'Sex On Fire'
Kinks 'You Really Got Me'
Led Zeppelin 'Dazed & Confused'
John Lennon 'Imagine'
Love 'Alone Again Or'
Madness 'Night Boat To Cairo'
Marley Bob 'No Woman No Cry'
New Order 'Blue Monday' + 'Perfect Kiss'
Nirvana 'Come As You Are'
O'jays 'Backstabbers'
OMD 'Messages'
Pink Floyd 'Wish You Were Here'
Police 'Roxanne'
Prince 'Sign Of The Times'
Queen = 'Bohemian Rhapsody' + 'Somebody To Love'
QOTSA 'No One Knows'
Rolling Stones 'Sympathy For The Devil'
Roxy Music 'Virginia Plain'
Sex Pistols 'Pretty Vacant'
Stranglers 'No More Heroes'
T. Rex 'Ride A White Swan'
Talk Talk 'The Rainbow' = 'It's My Life'
U2 '11 O'Clock Tick Tock'
Undertones 'Teenage Kicks'
Van Halen 'Running With The Devil = Hot For Teacher
Velvet Underground 'I'm Waiting For The Man'
Who 'Won't Get Fooled Again'
Wonder Stevie 'Superstition'
X-Ray Spex 'The Day The World Turned Dayglo'
XTC 'Making Plans For Nigel'
Yes 'Roundabout'
Young Neil 'Rockin In The Free World'
Zombies 'Time Of The Season'
ZZ Top 'La Grange
Abba Dancing Queen
AC/DC 'Touch Too Much'
Arcade Fire 'Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)'
Beach Boys 'God Only Knows'
Beatles 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'
Bowie David Suffragette City = Heroes
Clash 'London Calling'
Elvis Costello 'Oliver's Army'
Cure 'A Forest'
Dire Straits 'Sultans Of Swing'
Doors 'Riders On The Storm'
Dr.Feelgood Milk and Alcohol
Eagles 'Hotel California.
Echo & The Bunnymen 'The Killing Moon'
ELO 'Don't Bring Me Down'
Roberta Flack 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Free 'Wishing Well'
Fleetwood Mac (Pete Green) 'Man Of The World/Albatross (joint winners)
Fleetwood Mac (Nicks/Perfect 'The Chain'
Peter Gabriel 'Games Without Frontiers'
Gaye Marvin 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'
Guns n Roses 'November Rain'
PJ Harvey 'The Glorious Land'
Hendrix Jimi 'All Along The Watchtower'
Housemartins 'Build'
Iggy Pop 'Lust For Life
Iron Maiden 'Run To The Hills'
Isley Brothers 'Harvest For The World' = 'Summer Breeze'
Jackson Joe 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'/ It's Different For Girls - (joint-winners)
Jam 'Down In The Tube Station At Midnight'
Jethro Tull Heavy Horses, Baker St Muse, We Used To Know, The Silver Cord, The Hair Who Lost His Spectacles, Raising Steam.
Kaiser Chiefs 'I Predict A Riot'
Kings Of Leon 'Sex On Fire'
Kinks 'You Really Got Me'
Led Zeppelin 'Dazed & Confused'
John Lennon 'Imagine'
Love 'Alone Again Or'
Madness 'Night Boat To Cairo'
Marley Bob 'No Woman No Cry'
New Order 'Blue Monday' + 'Perfect Kiss'
Nirvana 'Come As You Are'
O'jays 'Backstabbers'
OMD 'Messages'
Pink Floyd 'Wish You Were Here'
Police 'Roxanne'
Prince 'Sign Of The Times'
Queen = 'Bohemian Rhapsody' + 'Somebody To Love'
QOTSA 'No One Knows'
Rolling Stones 'Sympathy For The Devil'
Roxy Music 'Virginia Plain'
Sex Pistols 'Pretty Vacant'
Stranglers 'No More Heroes'
T. Rex 'Ride A White Swan'
Talk Talk 'The Rainbow' = 'It's My Life'
U2 '11 O'Clock Tick Tock'
Undertones 'Teenage Kicks'
Van Halen 'Running With The Devil = Hot For Teacher
Velvet Underground 'I'm Waiting For The Man'
Who 'Won't Get Fooled Again'
Wonder Stevie 'Superstition'
X-Ray Spex 'The Day The World Turned Dayglo'
XTC 'Making Plans For Nigel'
Yes 'Roundabout'
Young Neil 'Rockin In The Free World'
Zombies 'Time Of The Season'
ZZ Top 'La Grange
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2140
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Mind Games
Jealous Guy
Just Like Startin Over.
(3 songs is a bit difficult to do)
Jealous Guy
Just Like Startin Over.
(3 songs is a bit difficult to do)
-
CheltSteve
- Youth Team

- Posts: 179
- Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:14 pm
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Imagine
Jealous Guy
#9 Dream
Jealous Guy
#9 Dream
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Imagine
Working Class Hero
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Sadly missed is our John, RIP
Working Class Hero
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Sadly missed is our John, RIP
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13916
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
I Found Out
Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)
Working Class Hero
Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)
Working Class Hero
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Imagine (by a distance)
Mind Games
Watching the Wheels
Mind Games
Watching the Wheels
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
I assume as a teenager, you were listening to Sabbath, AC/DC, Saxon, Judas Priest, Rainbow, Thin Lizzy, etc, so some of the great albums from the 60s/early 70's passed you by.
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18295
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
No, not really 64 - don't like Judas Priest, not overly fussed on Thin Lizzy and own no albums by Saxon.....but I'll give you Rainbow, AC/DC and Sabbath (although not until later).
Given I only bought my first single in 1972 (The Jean Genie), when I was 8yrs old it was not for a few years after that that I moved from the 45 to the 33. Over the years you go back to see what passed you by and there are plenty of albums from the 70's and some from the 60's that are firm favourites, but John Lennon was never one that I had any urge to dig into tbh.
But going obvious ones, I'd vote
Imagine
Watching The Wheels
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:03 am No, not really 64 - don't like Judas Priest, not overly fussed on Thin Lizzy and own no albums by Saxon.....but I'll give you Rainbow, AC/DC and Sabbath (although not until later).
Given I only bought my first single in 1972 (The Jean Genie), when I was 8yrs old it was not for a few years after that that I moved from the 45 to the 33. Over the years you go back to see what passed you by and there are plenty of albums from the 70's and some from the 60's that are firm favourites, but John Lennon was never one that I had any urge to dig into tbh.
But going obvious ones, I'd vote
Imagine
Watching The Wheels
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Working Class Hero
Mind Games
Cold Turkey
Mind Games
Cold Turkey
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Oh my love.
Jealous Guy.
Nobody told me.
Jealous Guy.
Nobody told me.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- SnifferClarke
- First Team

- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
I found out
Cold Turkey
Jealous Guy
Cold Turkey
Jealous Guy
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8780
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Jealous Guy
Imagine
Nobody Told Me
Imagine
Nobody Told Me
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Working Class Hero always struck with me as an Oxymoron if it was autobiographical.
He wasn't working class, and he was a multimillionaire when he wrote it.
It was the very first song I downloaded on the t'internet, Napster dial up, I could have bought the album considering my phone bill so I've gone off it.
1. Mind Games
2. God
3. Nobody Told Me
He wasn't working class, and he was a multimillionaire when he wrote it.
It was the very first song I downloaded on the t'internet, Napster dial up, I could have bought the album considering my phone bill so I've gone off it.
1. Mind Games
2. God
3. Nobody Told Me
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
#9 Dream
Watching The Wheels
Imagine
Watching The Wheels
Imagine
-
Mrs64
- Superstar

- Posts: 8201
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Woman
Imagine
#9 Dream
Imagine
#9 Dream
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
George Harrison was the greatest solo Beatle. Predominantly because he'd accumulated a huge catalogue in his earlier years that didn't make the Beatles albums
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite JOHN LENNON songs.
Walking Class Hero
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: A to Z of Pop - Your 3 favourite MARMALADE songs.
John Lennon RESULT
17 Imagine
10 Jealous Guy
10 Mind Games
07 Walking Class Hero
06 I Found Out
05 #9 Dream
05 Watching The Wheels
03 Woman
03 Nobody Told Me
03 Cold Turkey
03 Oh My Love
02 Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)
02 God
01 (Just Like) Starting Over
17 Imagine
10 Jealous Guy
10 Mind Games
07 Walking Class Hero
06 I Found Out
05 #9 Dream
05 Watching The Wheels
03 Woman
03 Nobody Told Me
03 Cold Turkey
03 Oh My Love
02 Aisumasen (I'm Sorry)
02 God
01 (Just Like) Starting Over