Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155188
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
There's no need for constant bad language. A sign of illiteracy & lack of intelligence in my opinion.CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:26 am What are the tolerance levels like on here for foul language?
I arrived at these shores after years and years on Waccoe, it is awash with it there, so much so that the site has not just become unbearable, but unreadable.
Bad language as a rule of thumb doesn't trouble me at all, it's everywhere, every day, every night.
Just wondering that's all
I stopped posting on there when certain members called me a c**t, all because they shared a different opinion to mine. One of them was a mod, not a pleasant bloke, however they love him on that site.
The majority of members who have been banned on here end up over there.
Each to their own, I suppose!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155188
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
I like that, often it would interprit the meaning of the convo rather than the reader getting all uppity when it wasn't intended,CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 9:15 am It wasn't meant in any way, i'm just trying to weigh up the different posters.
I'm no expert, or i'd be managing or even playing.
It's just all your posts seem to be comedic and not football related.
It was a polite question btw.
I've noticed some very delicate posters on here whilst reading.
Perhaps it may be better to put the nature of any questions, i.e :
Polite tone : Followed by the question..
Angry tone : Followed by the question..
Stick with the forum CW, it aint a bad one at all.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Just working out your touchiness, would that be A Clit, A Clot or A numpty?1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:42 am There's no need for constant bad language. A sign of illiteracy & lack of intelligence in my opinion.
I stopped posting on there when certain members called me a c**t, all because they shared a different opinion to mine. One of them was a mod, not a pleasant bloke, however they love him on that site.
The majority of members who have been banned on here end up over there.
Each to their own, I suppose!
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Ahh, by the Asterix's appearing automatically, i've just worked out it's A numpty
Because i didn't put any.
Because i didn't put any.
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
I've already noticed it's a bit 'clicky' here, to be expected.mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:50 am I like that, often it would interprit the meaning of the convo rather than the reader getting all uppity when it wasn't intended,maybe a blue star in front of text to signify polite tone, and a red (oh no not red) to signify angry tone.
Stick with the forum CW, it aint a bad one at all.
In life we align ourselves with likeminded folk, and distance ourselves from those we don't get along with.
On a forum it is inevitable you will find posters that share similar views, and those that you just don't concur with at all.
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Not nescessary "clicky" as I said earlier, regular posters are obviosly on more often than others due to the amount of time they have available to post.CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:05 pm I've already noticed it's a bit 'clicky' here, to be expected.
In life we align ourselves with likeminded folk, and distance ourselves from those we don't get along with.
On a forum it is inevitable you will find posters that share similar views, and those that you just don't concur with at all.
It ain't all football either, there are many topics, some that don't bother me so I don't get involved, unless it's kicking off.
You'll find your feet and like you say, gravitate to those that you banter with.
Like sitting in the corner with grumpy old men
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
So you're the boss are you?mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:10 pm Not nescessary "clicky" as I said earlier, regular posters are obviosly on more often than others due to the amount of time they have available to post.
It ain't all football either, there are many topics, some that don't bother me so I don't get involved, unless it's kicking off.
You'll find your feet and like you say, gravitate to those that you banter with.
Like sitting in the corner with grumpy old men![]()
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
So unintelligent people aren't welcome.1964white wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:42 am There's no need for constant bad language. A sign of illiteracy & lack of intelligence in my opinion.
I stopped posting on there when certain members called me a c**t, all because they shared a different opinion to mine. One of them was a mod, not a pleasant bloke, however they love him on that site.
The majority of members who have been banned on here end up over there.
Each to their own, I suppose!
I find that a bit snobbish.
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Ha ha, no way, just a helper.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
-
CypriotWhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:35 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Imagine being illiterate or suffering from dyslexia etc, but you want to be involved in a forum.
Must be terrible.
Must be terrible.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79013
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Didn’t realise it was that time
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21205
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Which time?
Ruffling time?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79013
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Happens every now and then
Smudge
Geronimo
Kenny
………
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20740
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Apparently....best ignored
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155188
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Everyone is welcomed on here as long as they behave, & show respect to their fellow members.CypriotWhite wrote: ↑Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:19 pm So unintelligent people aren't welcome.
I find that a bit snobbish.
- Tyzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4214
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
This is a great place for everything Leeds especially for someone like me who's not a tactical expert but a few are on here so I like to read their opinions. I do know a good game/player when I see one ,most of the time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155188
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Leeds can't have many with your predictions, Tyzy
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155188
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Leeds Utd v Watford Match Thread
Our 2-1 victory over Watford was the first time Leeds United had scored two goals in the opening seven minutes of a league match but then none afterwards since November 1978 in a 2-1 win over Chelsea.