Incredible stuff
Boxing chat
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Boxing chat
Some fight between Essuman and Vaughan.
Incredible stuff

Incredible stuff
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Boxing chat
Is it boxing or is it just entertainment?
I know exhibition fights have happened before.
I'm hearing a few things about the Mike Tyson v Jake Paul fight on Netflix
Apparently Tyson getting paid a million quid per round, and a $5m bonus if he makes it past 4 rounds, so the longer the fight goes on the more he gets. The incentive is to cash in and go the distance, it is very risky for him at 58 years old because Paul (27) will want him tired to be able to stop Tyson in the later rounds.
The legend that is Mike Tyson is one of my all time HW favourite fighters and it's sad to see this but I am hoping Mike leads Paul into a false sense of security and gets the job done early, but money may be the priority, I think it's his only chance but nevertheless a sad end to his legacy.
I know exhibition fights have happened before.
I'm hearing a few things about the Mike Tyson v Jake Paul fight on Netflix
Apparently Tyson getting paid a million quid per round, and a $5m bonus if he makes it past 4 rounds, so the longer the fight goes on the more he gets. The incentive is to cash in and go the distance, it is very risky for him at 58 years old because Paul (27) will want him tired to be able to stop Tyson in the later rounds.
The legend that is Mike Tyson is one of my all time HW favourite fighters and it's sad to see this but I am hoping Mike leads Paul into a false sense of security and gets the job done early, but money may be the priority, I think it's his only chance but nevertheless a sad end to his legacy.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41695
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41695
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41695
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Boxing chat
The fight between Tyson and Paul is only a few days away.
Whose watching?
I watched the open training session, Tyson looked good for a 58 year old man.
But he is still a 58 year old man, quite clearly absolutely miles from his prime you could see it in how he moved and such.
Jake Paul is no boxer but he was hitting hard and moved noticeably faster.
Whose watching?
I watched the open training session, Tyson looked good for a 58 year old man.
But he is still a 58 year old man, quite clearly absolutely miles from his prime you could see it in how he moved and such.
Jake Paul is no boxer but he was hitting hard and moved noticeably faster.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Boxing chat
I suport the 107 year old Grandfather. Nar not for me. I will watch the highlights. Shake the money maker. I would rather watch a Punch & Judy show.
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Boxing chat
If MT catches JP just once correctly, it will be all over.
Loved Tyson when younger, just like Fury, shame both became addicted to the sport and just couldn't walk away with their legacy intact.
Loved Tyson when younger, just like Fury, shame both became addicted to the sport and just couldn't walk away with their legacy intact.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Boxing chat
Paul might be younger and faster but, as Tyson himself has said, he's a manufactured YT fighter. Tyson was(is) the real deal. As MC says, one clean punch from Mike and it's game over.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Boxing chat
8 x 2 minute Rounds
14oz sparing Gloves
I don't think anyone is getting knocked out.
14oz sparing Gloves
I don't think anyone is getting knocked out.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Boxing chat
Admittedly I’m knocking on a bit compared to Paul, but I wouldn’t fancy being clocked by Tyson with one of those gloves on
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Boxing chat
As a Mike Tyson fan, I find it quite sad, BB.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 9:18 pm Admittedly I’m knocking on a bit compared to Paul, but I wouldn’t fancy being clocked by Tyson with one of those gloves on![]()
I think Paul will keep out off the way with jabs and fast darting movements so Tyson chases and gasses out and then the towel goes in, it's awful to see a 58 year old Tyson do this.
I Know he got ripped off financially but has since done very well with his cannabis farms, but you know sometimes fighters just do not know when to stop.
You never know though, he might just clip that chin of Paul.
I am looking forward to Saturday for Chris Billam-Smith's fight against Gilberto Ramirez for the WBA & WBO Cruiserweight Titles.
This should be a great fight.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41695
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Boxing chat
Tyson always has a punchers chance.
Clearly not the fighter he was but he's trained hard, he's still got decent speed for a man of his age and a good punch I'm sure.
He's also a very intelligent fighter, he helped train Francis Ngannou for the Fury fight, plenty of clips of him in recent years helping people train.
His body isnt what it was but his brain is.
I'm hopeful.
Unlikely given his age but it would be beautiful if he knocked that idiot out.
Clearly not the fighter he was but he's trained hard, he's still got decent speed for a man of his age and a good punch I'm sure.
He's also a very intelligent fighter, he helped train Francis Ngannou for the Fury fight, plenty of clips of him in recent years helping people train.
His body isnt what it was but his brain is.
I'm hopeful.
Unlikely given his age but it would be beautiful if he knocked that idiot out.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Nov 14, 2024 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Boxing chat
It’s very sad.BradWhite wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 10:37 pm As a Mike Tyson fan, I find it quite sad, BB.
I think Paul will keep out off the way with jabs and fast darting movements so Tyson chases and gasses out and then the towel goes in, it's awful to see a 58 year old Tyson do this.
I Know he got ripped off financially but has since done very well with his cannabis farms, but you know sometimes fighters just do not know when to stop.
You never know though, he might just clip that chin of Paul.
I am looking forward to Saturday for Chris Billam-Smith's fight against Gilberto Ramirez for the WBA & WBO Cruiserweight Titles.
This should be a great fight.
I went to a Naseem Hamed fight, several years ago, and Hitman Hearns was last on the bill (or thereabouts). It was embarrassing mate, proper embarrassing and sad.
Admittedly that was a very long time ago, and Tyson will be earning zillions compared to what THH got that night but to find himself on this position is terrible really.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Boxing chat
Yep... Sad that some of these greats had terrible mangers/promoters that took advantage of them, sadly Hearns became a victim to it too.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 14, 2024 10:51 pm It’s very sad.
I went to a Naseem Hamed fight, several years ago, and Hitman Hearns was last on the bill (or thereabouts). It was embarrassing mate, proper embarrassing and sad.
Admittedly that was a very long time ago, and Tyson will be earning zillions compared to what THH got that night but to find himself on this position is terrible really.
Prince Naseem was great and had sense to keep a hold on his fortune but he was on about making a comeback too - makes no sense to me apart from maybe regaining some sort of fitness and can keep an eye on his sons who are out to make a name for themselves in the sport.
Just been watching the Netflix: Countdown to Tyson v Paul 3 part documentary on Netflix and a few things sprang to mind.
1. Jake Paul is a great promoter.
2. Mike Tyson has knackered knees and hips and he smokes too much weed.
3. It's an event and if Paul wins he thinks he is a great by beating an old retired legend and if Tyson wins he gets to shut up a YouTube kid.
I'm still not convinced this is where boxing should be going but I guess we are from a different era.
- GreennWhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3350
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
Re: Boxing chat
The whole things is a farce, wont be wasting my time watching it
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Boxing chat
Don't think Mike needs the money, he has a very successful, legal weed business in the States. For my money, it's more that old issue of once a boxer, always a boxer. And Paul called him out, he's not going to back down to a pantomime fighter. That said, it could all be terribly embarrassing. Hope not; despite his troubles (what he could have been had Cus not died), Tyson is a legend of the boxing game.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Boxing chat
Paul is a promoter and influencer first, I can't take away just how good he is at making a successful career with a shed of money on top, but take a look how safe he is by the fights he has had, MMA fighters are not boxers, YouTubers like KSi are not boxers and the only boxer he has fought was Tommy Fury who may come from a boxing family but he wouldn't win an area title and really hasn't boxed since and Jake Paul lost that fight.
It's all low risk high gain promo: Next stop call out a 58 year old legend 20 years out of the ring. (minus the expo with Roy Jones)
If Jake Paul wants to lay a foundation in boxing then he needs to fight someone relevant in the game right now.
I think if he calls out retired fighters then maybe call out Carl Froch who will put it on him and he's 10 years out of the game.
But like Tyson famously said 'Everyone has a plan, until they get smacked in the mouth.'
I'll watch the re run, not stopping up until 4am for that nonsense, I'm more looking forward to the Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano fight, those lasses can fight, that will be a barn burner.
It's all low risk high gain promo: Next stop call out a 58 year old legend 20 years out of the ring. (minus the expo with Roy Jones)
If Jake Paul wants to lay a foundation in boxing then he needs to fight someone relevant in the game right now.
I think if he calls out retired fighters then maybe call out Carl Froch who will put it on him and he's 10 years out of the game.
But like Tyson famously said 'Everyone has a plan, until they get smacked in the mouth.'
I'll watch the re run, not stopping up until 4am for that nonsense, I'm more looking forward to the Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano fight, those lasses can fight, that will be a barn burner.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41695
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: Boxing chat
George Foreman ? Larry Holmes ? Joe Bugner ? Mind you they might be too young .
Had no interest in this , farcical fight really , a 58 yr old man who has injury problems these days . In his day Tyson was a beast , I think his speed and mobility would create havoc for today's heavy weight in his prime .