Archie Gray

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Gray, Archie · 2021–2024
Gray, Archie
England Gray, Archie
Midfielder
b. 12th March 2006 (age 20)
52
Apps
0
Goals
47
Starts
5
Sub Apps
Youth System
Signed 01/08/2021 – 02/07/2024
Youth System → Tottenham Hotspur (Apprentice)
Last 6 Appearances
26 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Final
0–1 L
16 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg
4–0 W
12 May 2024 · Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg
0–0 D
4 May 2024 · Championship
1–2 L ↑ for Kamara, Glen
26 Apr 2024 · Championship
0–4 L
22 Apr 2024 · Championship
4–3 W
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:44 pm This puts a lot of the BS we heard to rest:
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ch-4719268

"As soon as I heard Tottenham were coming in I was like I need to go there"

“It’s a huge club and my dad said that too. He came to my room one morning and said 'look, you’ve got to go to Spurs. It’s a massive club'."

"My grandad was saying it as well, he’s obviously done pretty well in his career, and he said at some point you've got to go to one of the biggest clubs in England and he thinks now is the right time and he thinks Spurs is a massive club as well."
Leeds fans do make stories up to suit their narrative.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:48 pm Don't believe a word, and why bring up his Dad and Grandad :lol:

Pr guff, he can't really say anything else.
A bit random Cjay & not on thread but have you ever seen the World Slapping Championship's (No Weasel it’s nothing to do with your private life).
Totally bizarre. And I imagine painful.
Anyway what a great gif for you when attacked by your favourite poster 😁
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:38 pm A bit random Cjay & not on thread but have you ever seen the World Slapping Championship's (No Weasel it’s nothing to do with your private life).
Totally bizarre. And I imagine painful.
Anyway what a great gif for you when attacked by your favourite poster 😁
Fox Sports did a great series of ads back in the late 90's

It was for their regional sports network, with the line "Sports new from the region you care about. Yours." They were hilarious


Last edited by andrewjohnsmith on Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by Jaydog »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:51 pm Fox Sports did a great series of ads back in the late 90's

It was for their regional sports network, with the line "Sports from the area you care about. Yours."


Like it but the actual thing is mad.
They have people behind the one who’s being slapped as I assume quite often you are knocked out.
Maddest thing I’ve ever seen.
It’s at the next Olympics and Canada have already won.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41752
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:38 pm A bit random Cjay & not on thread but have you ever seen the World Slapping Championship's (No Weasel it’s nothing to do with your private life).
Totally bizarre. And I imagine painful.
Anyway what a great gif for you when attacked by your favourite poster 😁
Funnily enough I've already got one :)
W6jkjX.gif
W6jkjX.gif (764.91 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:53 pm Funnily enough I've already got one :)

W6jkjX.gif
That’s the one. You on the right and Kenny on the left.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41752
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Cjay »

Getting praise from Spuds fans online but they are worried he is being wasted out of position (same as he was here).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: Archie Gray

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Didn't look at all out of place on that stage. He's still a kid learning his trade!

Good as he was with us he was at the beginning of his learning curve and by definition there was no designated position for him; other than goalkeeper he could have been put anywhere on the pitch.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Archie Gray

Post by GreennWhite »

It won`t do him any harm playing different positions as he learns his trade. He has the talent to do that and it didnt do Paul Madeley any harm playing different positons in his career.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11792
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Barlow Boy »

I thought he did well last night, that tackle he made was fantastic 👏👏👏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Archie Gray

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

PhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Fri Dec 06, 2024 9:35 am Didn't look at all out of place on that stage. He's still a kid learning his trade!

Good as he was with us he was at the beginning of his learning curve and by definition there was no designated position for him; other than goalkeeper he could have been put anywhere on the pitch.
I was only half watching. So not much feedback. But Postecoglu obviously sees good things. He starts almost every Euro and Cup game. Started the PL last night and comes on as sub in almost every game. They certainly see him as a potential key player.

I wonder how many 18 y/o PL players have played more minutes than him this season
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:36 pm Leeds fans do make stories up to suit their narrative.
Are you sure mate. Good job it … er… doesn’t happen on this forum.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Archie Gray

Post by 1964white »

Spurs boss Ange Postecoglou on Archie Gray after their victory over Manure

"I said last week, I think he's been outstanding, we have no choice, we have no other centre-backs so you put an 18-year-old there and he's handled it brilliantly, both from a footballing perspective but also, if you do it for one game you can sort of get away with it, you put a young player out of position one game but he's done it multiple games against pretty decent oppositions.

"Like I said as an 18-year-old he's handling it so well and it's not like he's surrounded by experience, obviously goalkeeper is out, two centre-backs are out, a left-back was out last night so him and Radu [Dragusin] are handling it awfully well. I keep saying you take out the goalkeeper, two centre-backs and a left-back from any team and I'm sure it'll have an effect and the fact that our guys are still trying to play in the manner we want to play. It's a credit to them.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 07, 2024 9:30 am Are you sure mate. Good job it … er… doesn’t happen on this forum.
Solely relying on stats is making up stories in a sense. Thats not aimed at anyone at all but when I read the goals & assists per minutes that relates to players like Greenwood I just wonder why I always thought he was plain average. Obviously I have no idea what I’m looking at but plenty of managers seem to agree with me.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79122
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Dec 20, 2024 1:07 pm Solely relying on stats is making up stories in a sense. Thats not aimed at anyone at all but when I read the goals & assists per minutes that relates to players like Greenwood I just wonder why I always thought he was plain average. Obviously I have no idea what I’m looking at but plenty of managers seem to agree with me.
Of course not because there's no one here that does that...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Archie Gray - Spurs debut

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 07, 2024 9:30 am Are you sure mate. Good job it … er… doesn’t happen on this forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11792
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Barlow Boy »

Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Lufcheidi
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Lufcheidi »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jan 12, 2025 7:09 pm
He’s such a lovely person and so glad I managed to get a photo with him and my flag on the pitch at Elland Road.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Archie Gray

Post by whiteswan »

Lufcheidi wrote: ↑Sun Jan 12, 2025 8:10 pm He’s such a lovely person and so glad I managed to get a photo with him and my flag on the pitch at Elland Road.
He should still belong to us :rant:
Lufcheidi
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Archie Gray

Post by Lufcheidi »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 13, 2025 12:59 am He should still belong to us :rant:
Totally agree that we should have been building our team and keeping people who desperately wanted to stay. Sadly the money was more important than the long term planning.
Post Reply