mentalcase wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 11:30 am
Thats cracking that BB , well said
DF would have been hit with a massive fine now if he'd have publicly said that though, hope Chambers and Schmit get more game time this season though, if used correctly, we could have two "new signing s there"
Harry Gray is on the come back trail as well
I will extremely surprised if we see chambers again. It would take a pretty catastrophic injury crisis.
Schmidt was decent for me, some good play at times, but I do not see him getting much game time either in the absence of injuries.
The one position that would have made all the difference for me was DCM. I can see why he went with Gully, but if the triangular base had been strong and had some chemistry (2xCB and DCM) it would have probably made a difference.
Ah well it is what it is, need a result on Tuesday, to put it behind us.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 11:46 am
I will extremely surprised if we see chambers again. It would take a pretty catastrophic injury crisis.
Schmidt was decent for me, some good play at times, but I do not see him getting much game time either in the absence of injuries.
The one position that would have made all the difference for me was DCM. I can see why he went with Gully, but if the triangular base had been strong and had some chemistry (2xCB and DCM) it would have probably made a difference.
Ah well it is what it is, need a result on Tuesday, to put it behind us.
Yeah, I don't mean to put them in as starters, but certainly on the bench and a few useful minutes if we are a few goals up.
Gully isn't a starter, can't fathom that one out, it spectacularly back fired.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
mentalcase wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 11:30 am
Thats cracking that BB , well said
DF would have been hit with a massive fine now if he'd have publicly said that though, hope Chambers and Schmit get more game time this season though, if used correctly, we could have two "new signing s there"
Harry Gray is on the come back trail as well
Unless we incur a serious injury situation, those three will be lucky to get a few minutes at the end of the game.
Chambers & Schmidt weren't even on the bench for the Cardiff or Coventry games, if Rodon & James return as expected they won't be on the bench vs Watford.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 11:46 am
I will extremely surprised if we see chambers again. It would take a pretty catastrophic injury crisis.
Schmidt was decent for me, some good play at times, but I do not see him getting much game time either in the absence of injuries.
The one position that would have made all the difference for me was DCM. I can see why he went with Gully, but if the triangular base had been strong and had some chemistry (2xCB and DCM) it would have probably made a difference.
Ah well it is what it is, need a result on Tuesday, to put it behind us.
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 11:25 am
You’re reading it the same as me Tom.
I would have preferred Farke to have come out in his pre-game press conference and said look, we aren’t going to win the cup, promotion is far more important. I am going to play all the kids.
Come along, give them a good cheer and give them the experience of a lifetime and we will all go home, probably out of the cup, but at least you have given these lads a good time, and, who knows, they may actually bring a surprise.
So, so disappointed after Saturday.
I get what your saying BB, i really do, but the fans should be giving any players that step on the pitch a good cheer, and bringing some atmosphere to the game. It shouldnt take the manager to come out and have to say such things to get the fans in the right frame of mind. The team that played was good enough individualy, they just didnt gel as a team.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 8:53 am
With Liverpool, Arsenal Chelsea & Spurs out of the cup, it's left the door wide open for the Mancs clubs, although both are really poor this season.
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 3:18 pm
I get what your saying BB, i really do, but the fans should be giving any players that step on the pitch a good cheer, and bringing some atmosphere to the game. It shouldnt take the manager to come out and have to say such things to get the fans in the right frame of mind. The team that played was good enough individualy, they just didnt gel as a team.
I’m pretty much convinced, that Farke wanted to lose that game and, I’m not saying he told the players to throw the game, but if he is in that frame of mind it is not surprising that the players are also in that frame of mind.
It is completely my choice to pay my money, and attend a game, I haven’t missed a home game since 2011 in any competition. I don’t mind if we win, lose or draw, as long as the effort is there. There was very, very little effort on that pitch on Saturday, which is something I’m struggling to take to be honest.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 4:51 pm
I’m pretty much convinced, that Farke wanted to lose that game and, I’m not saying he told the players to throw the game, but if he is in that frame of mind it is not surprising that the players are also in that frame of mind.
It is completely my choice to pay my money, and attend a game, I haven’t missed a home game since 2011 in any competition. I don’t mind if we win, lose or draw, as long as the effort is there. There was very, very little effort on that pitch on Saturday, which is something I’m struggling to take to be honest.
It would be interesting to know if our second eleven that started had been coached separately away from the rest of the first team squad on the training pitch for the few days leading up to the Millwall game. It would seem not as those players played like strangers.
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 4:51 pm
I’m pretty much convinced, that Farke wanted to lose that game and, I’m not saying he told the players to throw the game, but if he is in that frame of mind it is not surprising that the players are also in that frame of mind.
It is completely my choice to pay my money, and attend a game, I haven’t missed a home game since 2011 in any competition. I don’t mind if we win, lose or draw, as long as the effort is there. There was very, very little effort on that pitch on Saturday, which is something I’m struggling to take to be honest.
Said the same thing on the match day thread Saturday evening, not enough effort and hard miles in that performance for me.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 5:32 pm
It would be interesting to know if our second eleven that started had been coached separately away from the rest of the first team squad on the training pitch for the few days leading up to the Millwall game. It would seem not as those players played like strangers.
You would imagine, or at least hope, the 11 that started the game were put through all the normal game day training routines in terms of shape positioning and tactics, etc.
As you say, it will be interesting to find out but, of course, that will never be known.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 5:42 pm
You would imagine, or at least hope, the 11 that started the game were put through all the normal game day training routines in terms of shape positioning and tactics, etc.
As you say, it will be interesting to find out but, of course, that will never be known.
The simple fact is, we weren't good enough to beat Millwall, no matter how our fans big up our bench players.
Preston v Burnley
Aston Villa Cardiff
Crystal Palace v Millwall
Manure v Fulham
Newcastle v Brighton
Bournemouth v Wolves
Man City v Plymouth
Exeter/Forest v Ipswich
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 7:19 pmFA Cup 5th Round Draw
Preston v Burnley
Aston Villa Cardiff
Doncaster/Palace v Millwall
Manure v Fulham
Newcastle v Brighton
Bournemouth v Wolves
Man City v Plymouth
Exeter/Forest v Ipswich
No doubt Man Ure will get picked for TV again.
So boring but at least Fulham have a good chance of knocking them out.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 7:19 pmFA Cup 5th Round Draw
Preston v Burnley
Aston Villa Cardiff
Doncaster/Palace v Millwall
Manure v Fulham
Newcastle v Brighton
Bournemouth v Wolves
Man City v Plymouth
Exeter/Forest v Ipswich
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 10, 2025 7:19 pmFA Cup 5th Round Draw
Preston v Burnley
Aston Villa Cardiff
Doncaster/Palace v Millwall
Manure v Fulham
Newcastle v Brighton
Bournemouth v Wolves
Man City v Plymouth
Exeter/Forest v Ipswich
Another 3 all Premier League ties, it’s really opened up for someone this season.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello