2026/27 FA Cup/EFL Cup - CARABAO CUP DRAW

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by 1964white »

Staying in the Premier League & winning a domestic cup should be Leeds United's next goals.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18341
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - Palace or Citeh?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 6:54 pm Newcastle & Palace starved of success, win the two major domestic cups.
...and it get's Palace into European competition, not sure which one though, there seem to be 2 or 3 (outside of the CL) these days.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - Palace or Citeh?

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 5:35 pm I don't blame him. Awful decision not to send off the goalie. We've got the joy of the numpties in charge of VAR next season :x

But yes, poor old Pep, trophyless....
Agreed, he does actually have a grievance on this occasion.

No point taking it out on Henderson though, not his fault the VAR numpties decided not to send him off.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by weasel »

Shouldn't just label it as VAR should name and shame the inept clown who was able to watch video replays from various angles and still made the wrong decision. How f*cking useless are our refs? This is our crown jewel game and we have a clown making an absolutely ridiculous decision.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by Barlow Boy »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:05 pm Shouldn't just label it as VAR should name and shame the inept clown who was able to watch video replays from various angles and still made the wrong decision. How f*cking useless are our refs? This is our crown jewel game and we have a clown making an absolutely ridiculous decision.
I think there’s more than one clown, hate VAR, absolute shambles.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Thought that was shameful from GUardiola at the end

Congratulations to Palace

Looking at their team it tells me how far we have to go just to be an established mid table club. They've got a few quality players. And obviously it's been developed over a few seasons.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:05 pm Shouldn't just label it as VAR should name and shame the inept clown who was able to watch video replays from various angles and still made the wrong decision. How f*cking useless are our refs? This is our crown jewel game and we have a clown making an absolutely ridiculous decision.
I think it was Darren England on VAR. Well said weasel, how on earth could the twerps not see what everyone else sees :shock: How many angles, for the goalie hand ball and the Citeh 'penalty'. I said to Mr Swan that we have the worst refs in this country....but why :dun:
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by Sean_Nile »

Citeh's tippy tappy attacks were as boring and ineffectual as Cjay's arguments.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:35 pm

Congratulations to Palace

Looking at their team it tells me how far we have to go just to be an established mid table club. They've got a few quality players. And obviously it's been developed over a few seasons.
Frightening isn't it?
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:47 pm Frightening isn't it?
It is, but exciting at the same time.

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool et al or Oxford, Stoke, Swansea et al at Elland Road.

I know what I’d rather watch Swannie.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:52 pm It is, but exciting at the same time.

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool et al or Oxford, Stoke, Swansea et al at Elland Road.

I know what I’d rather watch Swannie.
I'm really pleased for you, Leon, Heidi, mc and all the other regulars at ER Kev. I loved my visits to ER in the 70s and 80's. Live miles away now but love the occasional corporate when I can get one that is.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by weasel »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:32 pm I think there’s more than one clown, hate VAR, absolute shambles.
Yeah I just meant that instead of nearly every week people syaing get rid of VAR etc they should just say the name of the guy that made an appaling decision. It is like they can hide behind the term VAR as if it is the technology's fault rather than naming the sh*t ref who couldn't get the decision right despite having plenty of time to watch whatever happened from various angles. I don't have a problem if the ref misses something that they couldn't see but the ref having all the assistance and getting it wrong should be on some sort of three strike and you're sacked system.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:47 pm Frightening isn't it?
FUlham playing Brnetford the other night and are both top 10. Only a few years ago and we were better than both of them. That should be what we look at rather than being afraid. The right recruitment and no reason why we aren't where they are in a couple of years.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 9:00 pm I'm really pleased for you, Leon, Heidi, mc and all the other regulars at ER Kev. I loved my visits to ER in the 70s and 80's. Live miles away now but love the occasional corporate when I can get one that is.
Thank you Swannie, I’ve watched some real poor teams over the years, next season will be a reward win, lose or draw.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 9:01 pm Yeah I just meant that instead of nearly every week people syaing get rid of VAR etc they should just say the name of the guy that made an appaling decision. It is like they can hide behind the term VAR as if it is the technology's fault rather than naming the sh*t ref who couldn't get the decision right despite having plenty of time to watch whatever happened from various angles. I don't have a problem if the ref misses something that they couldn't see but the ref having all the assistance and getting it wrong should be on some sort of three strike and you're sacked system.
If this was in regard to the Henderson outside the box handball, I don't think VAR was wrong

The explanation offered was that VAR could only rule that it was denial of a goalscoring opportunity. The fact it wasn't, because Haaland wasn't heading towards the goal means VAR could not overturn the ruling on the field.

Was Henderson culpable of a red card? I don't think so. If he was you'd have to red card every goalie that steps out of box when making a drop kick. The call was marginal. ANd Henderson couldn't be called for intentionally handling the ball outside the box - his feet were inside the box so it's unlikely that he knew his hand was outside.

Anyway. Short of it is, I thought VAR was fine today.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 9:26 pm If this was in regard to the Henderson outside the box handball, I don't think VAR was wrong

The explanation offered was that VAR could only rule that it was denial of a goalscoring opportunity. The fact it wasn't, because Haaland wasn't heading towards the goal means VAR could not overturn the ruling on the field.

Was Henderson culpable of a red card? I don't think so. If he was you'd have to red card every goalie that steps out of box when making a drop kick. The call was marginal. ANd Henderson couldn't be called for intentionally handling the ball outside the box - his feet were inside the box so it's unlikely that he knew his hand was outside.

Anyway. Short of it is, I thought VAR was fine today.
If Henderson thought he was in his box then he simply catches it. It was a panic moment hence why he palmed it away. Haaland if he gets the touch pushes it to the side and then likely gets to it and has a shot into an empty net (or at worst with a defender trying to get back onto the line).

I have no problem with the ref on the pitch not knowing if Henderson had handled it or not being able to determine whether he though Haaland had a goalscoring opportunity but seeing it on video then everything becomes apparent.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:52 pm It is, but exciting at the same time.

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool et al or Oxford, Stoke, Swansea et al at Elland Road.

I know what I’d rather watch Swannie.
Also looking forward to the Premier League, mate.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 9:00 pm I'm really pleased for you, Leon, Heidi, mc and all the other regulars at ER Kev. I loved my visits to ER in the 70s and 80's. Live miles away now but love the occasional corporate when I can get one that is.
Thank you, Swannie, can't wait, bring it on!
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 8:38 pm I think it was Darren England on VAR. Well said weasel, how on earth could the twerps not see what everyone else sees :shock: How many angles, for the goalie hand ball and the Citeh 'penalty'. I said to Mr Swan that we have the worst refs in this country....but why :dun:
Jarred Gillet the numpty.....sorry, not Darren England
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: FA Cup/EFL Cup - A major trophy for Palace!

Post by whiteswan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 9:26 pm If this was in regard to the Henderson outside the box handball, I don't think VAR was wrong

The explanation offered was that VAR could only rule that it was denial of a goalscoring opportunity. The fact it wasn't, because Haaland wasn't heading towards the goal means VAR could not overturn the ruling on the field.

Was Henderson culpable of a red card? I don't think so. If he was you'd have to red card every goalie that steps out of box when making a drop kick. The call was marginal. ANd Henderson couldn't be called for intentionally handling the ball outside the box - his feet were inside the box so it's unlikely that he knew his hand was outside.

Anyway. Short of it is, I thought VAR was fine today.
So you think its OK for a goalie to handle the ball outside of his penalty area? Is that what you are saying? Because his hand was well outside when he touched the ball.
Post Reply