Hobbies: What are yours and why did you choose them?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Jun 05, 2025 7:00 pm :wave: (Supposed to be a hands up emoji)

Have a mate who spent 42 years as first class cabin crew on British Airways, she has some really good Jagger tales in her repertoire. ( none of them sordid, I hasten to add, a really top bloke by all accounts)
Good to hear, OB.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7069
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:33 pm Didn't realise you are a Stones fan, DDB.

Few & far between on here now.
Oh big time - lost count of the number of times I have seen them live. Don’t listen to them as much now as I am listening to more and more classical music as I age.
I am off to the Albert hall on Sunday for Zimmer v Williams. Now that will be a pleasurable evening.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Jun 05, 2025 6:33 pm Didn't realise you are a Stones fan, DDB.

Few & far between on here now.
You must have been bored last night 64’, poring over old threads.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 05, 2025 10:24 pm Oh big time - lost count of the number of times I have seen them live. Don’t listen to them as much now as I am listening to more and more classical music as I age.
I am off to the Albert hall on Sunday for Zimmer v Williams. Now that will be a pleasurable evening.
I was brought up during the Beatles/Stones & 60s music explosion, which was a fantastic era for a kid born in Leeds. Music, LUFC & my parents, played a huge role in providing me with an extremely happy childhood.

Zimmer & Williams are two of the greatest film composers, enjoy your musical treat.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:21 am You must have been bored last night 64’, poring over old threads.
I was tidying up the forum, saving some topics & merging some threads.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:25 am
Zimmer & Williams are two of the greatest film composers, enjoy your musical treat.
I thought Zimmer was the mode of transport to the John Williams concert :shock: ;-)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14638
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:28 am I was tidying up the forum, saving some topics & merging some threads.
Oh dear.... now no bugger will be able to find anything :) :) :lol:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 05, 2025 10:24 pm Oh big time - lost count of the number of times I have seen them live. Don’t listen to them as much now as I am listening to more and more classical music as I age.
I am off to the Albert hall on Sunday for Zimmer v Williams. Now that will be a pleasurable evening.
Have seen the Stones quite a few times as well DDB, highlight was in the Parc des Princes with the Stereophonics backing them up, a 40th birthday present from my missus. Haven’t been doing much painting recently but I’ll try & sort you out with a Mick one sometime. Enjoy your night in the Albert Hall, seen a Zimmer candlelight one recently which was good.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Not sure if I ever posted this one.
IMG_0683.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1st attempt with a spatula.
IMG_2917.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by mentalcase »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:46 am 1st attempt with a spatula.
IMG_2917.jpeg
Wish I'd known you a few years ago cussie, I had an ex that needed to put make up on with a spatula
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 8:46 am Wish I'd known you a few years ago cussie, I had an ex that needed to put make up on with a spatula
🤣🤣🤣
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79039
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:36 am I thought Zimmer was the mode of transport to the John Williams concert :shock: ;-)
Missed 64 age insult opporunity there

Noted, off your game Hector, did the docs say you'd play the piano again too
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by Rook »

I collect retro video gaming systems and software.
My fave stuff is the 16 bit era of the late 80's into the 1990's.
It's a bit of an expensive hobby though tbh.


Image
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 8:46 am Wish I'd known you a few years ago cussie, I had an ex that needed to put make up on with a spatula
:lol: :lol: :lol:

She required lesson from my wife, a make-up artist.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:44 am Not sure if I ever posted this one.
IMG_0683.jpeg
Brilliant Cussie & your spatula painting.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

Rook wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 11:51 am I collect retro video gaming systems and software.
My fave stuff is the 16 bit era of the late 80's into the 1990's.
It's a bit of an expensive hobby though tbh.


Image
Nice Rook, an unusual hobby.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 9:54 am Missed 64 age insult opporunity there
Hector is losing it!!!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Jun 06, 2025 7:37 am Oh dear.... now no bugger will be able to find anything :) :) :lol:
I can :lol:

I need to be a bit more ruthless!
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9735
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Hobbies: What and why?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Latest effort
IMG_0829.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
Post Reply