Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20762
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18332
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14652
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Madron
- Manager

- Posts: 3662
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
I agree with you Andrew, .Correct score and first scorer are independent predictions . There's no bonus for getting both right.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Thu Aug 21, 2025 1:05 am Well I could pick 2-0 and be wrong. Shouldn't I still be able to pick a first goal scorer in case I am wrong?
Either that or I should be able to win a point for predicting the first goal scorer was no goal scorer
All it does is make predicting Leeds not to score a bit silly ,as you take away 25% of possible points straight away. Bit unfair really.
I did predict Leeds not to score against Everton ,but also that Willy would score first., thinking it would be ok. It confused '64 a bit and he
put me right .
Its up to '64 but I think the fairest thing would be to allow these contradictory predictions. Can't see any reason not to.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
Makes no sense picking 2-0 as it takes away your option to pick the goal scorer and makes less points availableMadron wrote: ↑Fri Aug 22, 2025 5:39 pm I agree with you Andrew, .Correct score and first scorer are independent predictions . There's no bonus for getting both right.
All it does is make predicting Leeds not to score a bit silly ,as you take away 25% of possible points straight away. Bit unfair really.
I did predict Leeds not to score against Everton ,but also that Willy would score first., thinking it would be ok. It confused '64 a bit and he
put me right .
Its up to '64 but I think the fairest thing would be to allow these contradictory predictions. Can't see any reason not to.
So I went 2-1 in the end, so I could pick a goal scorer, and play for maximum points
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9747
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
1-1 Piroe (Cussie)
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Onemanstanding
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 745
- Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:36 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
0-0 N/A (Onemanstanding)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155360
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
To be discussed on the Moderator forum, as this competition has been running in the current format for over twenty years.Madron wrote: ↑Fri Aug 22, 2025 5:39 pm I agree with you Andrew, .Correct score and first scorer are independent predictions . There's no bonus for getting both right.
All it does is make predicting Leeds not to score a bit silly ,as you take away 25% of possible points straight away. Bit unfair really.
I did predict Leeds not to score against Everton ,but also that Willy would score first., thinking it would be ok. It confused '64 a bit and he
put me right .
Its up to '64 but I think the fairest thing would be to allow these contradictory predictions. Can't see any reason not to.
- SnifferClarke
- First Team

- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
0-0 N/A (Barlow Boy)
Thank you
Thank you
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
1-1 Struijk (Orange Box)
- White Lotus
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 564
- Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2025 6:13 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
0-1 Okafor (White Lotus)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155360
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3291
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
3-1 Okafor (Victor)
- onemoreslogan
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 815
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
Late, surprising equalizer:
1-1 Aaronson (onemoreslogan)
1-1 Aaronson (onemoreslogan)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155360
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
Welcome back, Onemore.onemoreslogan wrote: ↑Sat Aug 23, 2025 1:38 pm Late, surprising equalizer:
1-1 Aaronson (onemoreslogan)
Hope all is well with you!
- Pullhard
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2977
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
2-0 N/A (Pullhard)
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6716
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
4-0 N/A (Finnatic)
Earlier, I did think we’d sneak a draw or lose narrowly but suddenly had a bad feeling (probably just nerves)
Earlier, I did think we’d sneak a draw or lose narrowly but suddenly had a bad feeling (probably just nerves)
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2706
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
if you predict 0-0 you simply CANNOT then name a player to scoreMadron wrote: ↑Fri Aug 22, 2025 5:39 pm I agree with you Andrew, .Correct score and first scorer are independent predictions . There's no bonus for getting both right.
All it does is make predicting Leeds not to score a bit silly ,as you take away 25% of possible points straight away. Bit unfair really.
I did predict Leeds not to score against Everton ,but also that Willy would score first., thinking it would be ok. It confused '64 a bit and he
put me right .
Its up to '64 but I think the fairest thing would be to allow these contradictory predictions. Can't see any reason not to.
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
-
yorkshiremackem
- First Team

- Posts: 1118
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:12 pm
- Location: on my ass, in a warm chair
- Contact:
Re: Arsenal v Leeds. Correct Score/First Scorer. 5pm Saturday 23rd August
3-1 leeds James 1st goal (ym)