2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- AcrossThePondAsh
- Manager

- Posts: 4931
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
- Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Villa have turned down any offers we made for Buendia.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Villa have turned down any offers we made for Buendia.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41756
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Owners were straight on the phone to the Daily Mail denying we made a bid . . . .
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14821
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Worrying that this late in the day, there isn't a sniff of anyone creative coming. Where are the goals coming from? Where is that player who can put their foot on the ball and play that killer pass? Without some creativity, I think it's going to be a very very long season. I'm usually very positive, but we don't look like scoring goals, do we?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Ask our board, Nick.lufc1304 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 01, 2025 2:41 pm Worrying that this late in the day, there isn't a sniff of anyone creative coming. Where are the goals coming from? Where is that player who can put their foot on the ball and play that killer pass? Without some creativity, I think it's going to be a very very long season. I'm usually very positive, but we don't look like scoring goals, do we?
I would to love to hear their answers to your questions.
- AcrossThePondAsh
- Manager

- Posts: 4931
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
- Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14821
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
The day's not over yet, Leon, but it's worrying that we appear to be either inactive or scrambling. Build from the back is all well and good, and I think we have done some good work in that respect. But without some magic up top, I think we are really going to struggle to get the goals we need to stay up. I hope I'm wrong, obviously, but if we don't get anyone in, where is the creativity coming from?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79125
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Wilson is an 8 isn't he? Would join Stach, Tanaka, Longstaff competing for that position as we go the 2 8's route
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- AcrossThePondAsh
- Manager

- Posts: 4931
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
- Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Watching Wales v kazakstan Darlow has had a really good game not sure anyone seen it but fair dos I would have no fear putting him in goal
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79125
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Bad mistake around the 75th minute, and it's those he's prone too and frequently. Dan James bailed him out.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 04, 2025 3:40 pm Watching Wales v kazakstan Darlow has had a really good game not sure anyone seen it but fair dos I would have no fear putting him in goal![]()
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
I would prefer him to Meslier as our back up keeper,I think he is used to being around Roden and amps makes a massive difference to his confidence when they are cb imo.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Sep 04, 2025 3:48 pm Bad mistake around the 75th minute, and it's those he's prone too and frequently. Dan James bailed him out.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79125
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 2025 Summer Transfer gossip and squad discussion (and manager)
Meslier type error in a couple of games last season, a pre season game for us, the goal v SW and now Wales.... 5/6 bad errors in 7/8 games, he's been very lucky. He lacks Mes's talent imo and by a distance. Good number 3.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 04, 2025 4:51 pm I would prefer him to Meslier as our back up keeper,I think he is used to being around Roden and amps makes a massive difference to his confidence when they are cb imo.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"