Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
- pandagirl
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 537
- Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
I refuse to watch the next game ( and i live in morley minutes walking from Elland Road)
I love Leeds but when we have these games, they are not one offs, we sink into these horrible couldnt hit a barn door, couple of months...
I love Leeds but when we have these games, they are not one offs, we sink into these horrible couldnt hit a barn door, couple of months...
There is greatness and then there is D C L ...
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Why are you quoting relegation circumstances, we have played 9 games. There are loads of candidates this season. You must have won a fair number of Mr Glass Half Full competitions.White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:34 pm Every EPL team will be licking their chops at the thought of playing us. A few batterings and the players heads will go down and that's coming soon Leon
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
There’s a song with the line ‘reasons to be cheerful’. You’ve read quite a few reasoned concerns for our safety, from a number of reasonable posters: do you have a list of positives to counter these, or are we simply to assume you believe in blind optimism? If that’s the case, fine, I admire your viewpoint.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Inability to take chances.
Recurring theme that has cost several points.
I dont see that as an excuse for Farke though.
The closing down for the second goal doesn’t suggest he had his team galvanised for a very important game.
But he did win the XG battle (thats for OB).
Recurring theme that has cost several points.
I dont see that as an excuse for Farke though.
The closing down for the second goal doesn’t suggest he had his team galvanised for a very important game.
But he did win the XG battle (thats for OB).
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
I don't mean to sound patronizing, but I live 65 miles from Leeds & I'll be at ER for the West Ham game & the rest of our home matches, it's called supporting your team.
It's no good sulking because we played badly today!
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
There’s got to be an Xg league table, surely? Are we winning it?Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:46 pm Inability to take chances.
Recurring theme that has cost several points.
I dont see that as an excuse for Farke though.
The closing down for the second goal doesn’t suggest he had his team galvanised for a very important game.
But he did win the XG battle (thats for OB).
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41751
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Farke here
Went wrong in both boxes. We dominated each and every aspect. Even if Man City and Arsenal come here they won;t be as dominant as us today. But the only important thing is goals.
We missed big chances today. We should have defended the opening header, was not happy woth this. We had to be more switched on.
Then the wonder striker. Maybe could have stepped out earlier. But other aspects pleased about. But in effectiveness, they were the better side.
Stach for goal
I don't like to blame one specific player. It's obvious what happened.
Aaronson and Harrison
Effectiveness was missing from both. Effort was good and workload.
Always conceding first
We want to return back to clean sheet behaviour. Yes when you concede first at this level its always [an uphill task].
Aaronson's chance
Perhaps he was over excited to score. One against one, good chance to score. Not like he didn't want to score. Maybe think about doing a different finish.
Decision making
I wouldn't say (it was confidence). We had Okafor out, Gnonto out and James as an emergency on the bench.
Wouldn't say confidence problem. More or less the same last year at home vs Burnley. Sometimes you have a day when you're not effective. We have to make sure we don't dwell on this.
Calvert-Lewin not taking knee pre-kick-off
I remember I worked with Summerville. I don't know, you'll have to ask him.
Went wrong in both boxes. We dominated each and every aspect. Even if Man City and Arsenal come here they won;t be as dominant as us today. But the only important thing is goals.
We missed big chances today. We should have defended the opening header, was not happy woth this. We had to be more switched on.
Then the wonder striker. Maybe could have stepped out earlier. But other aspects pleased about. But in effectiveness, they were the better side.
Stach for goal
I don't like to blame one specific player. It's obvious what happened.
Aaronson and Harrison
Effectiveness was missing from both. Effort was good and workload.
Always conceding first
We want to return back to clean sheet behaviour. Yes when you concede first at this level its always [an uphill task].
Aaronson's chance
Perhaps he was over excited to score. One against one, good chance to score. Not like he didn't want to score. Maybe think about doing a different finish.
Decision making
I wouldn't say (it was confidence). We had Okafor out, Gnonto out and James as an emergency on the bench.
Wouldn't say confidence problem. More or less the same last year at home vs Burnley. Sometimes you have a day when you're not effective. We have to make sure we don't dwell on this.
Calvert-Lewin not taking knee pre-kick-off
I remember I worked with Summerville. I don't know, you'll have to ask him.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41751
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
Prisoner37
- First Team

- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Viewpoints that are determined by results in isolation. Losing away to Burnley is precisely what Sunderland did, yet one of these reasonable poster’s you mention was saying how well Sunderland have recruited comparatively.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:44 pm There’s a song with the line ‘reasons to be cheerful’. You’ve read quite a few reasoned concerns for our safety, from a number of reasonable posters: do you have a list of positives to counter these, or are we simply to assume you believe in blind optimism? If that’s the case, fine, I admire your viewpoint.
This was always a game where the first goal was crucial, going behind was the worse situation for us given our leave of creativity and propensity to get caught on the break as we push forward and try to force it..
But hand on heart do you honestly believe that Burnley are better than us ? If not, do you believe Sunderland are better than us, then there is. Wolves, West Ham and then there is forest.
My optimism is not based purely on our performances but the teams around us.
However, as I have already quoted, lose at home to West Ham, regardless of whether we miss three penalties and have two huge ref mistakes, there is a good chance there will be a reckoning, which will probably spell the end of Farke.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Yes.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:51 pm There’s got to be an Xg league table, surely? Are we winning it?
As well as that we are top of the “Unlucky table”, “Coulda Woulda Shoulda table” & of course “the Sack Of Shite table”.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
We don’t have the players, if you cannot finish good chances it doesn’t matter what formation you play.Prisoner37 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:56 pm Perhaps have a more attacking set up earlier before he having to go into full Hail Mary mode?
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
See my response to Orange above yours.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
Russell Martin had his number as wellCjay wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:35 pm I'd have picked Piroe (surprise I know) and played him off DCL.
I don't think we needed 3 cm vs Burnley but DF isn't really one for change and does tend to be cautious away from home.
I'd have liked to see a different approach.
Having said that Parker has kept clean sheets against us 3 times in a row so maybe he just has DF's number.
And you can see what a great coach he is
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
We were always a team looking at 15th to 17th at best.
Currently 15th which is about what we deserve.
But thats why misses like Aaronson’s will be the difference.
That would’ve turned the game.
Wheres Weasel with his positivity
Currently 15th which is about what we deserve.
But thats why misses like Aaronson’s will be the difference.
That would’ve turned the game.
Wheres Weasel with his positivity
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
All managers have that though. A nemesis or 2.White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 5:01 pm Russell Martin had his number as well![]()
And you can see what a great coach he is![]()
As long as he bests 3 others then it’ll be fine.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
I’ve just glimpsed your reply as I have to go out and will look at it more fully later, but on first reading your optimism seems to be based on there being more shittier teams than us. Wow, my confidence is restored.DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 18, 2025 4:58 pm Viewpoints that are determined by results in isolation. Losing away to Burnley is precisely what Sunderland did, yet one of these reasonable poster’s you mention was saying how well Sunderland have recruited comparatively.
This was always a game where the first goal was crucial, going behind was the worse situation for us given our leave of creativity and propensity to get caught on the break as we push forward and try to force it..
But hand on heart do you honestly believe that Burnley are better than us ? If not, do you believe Sunderland are better than us, then there is. Wolves, West Ham and then there is forest.
My optimism is not based purely on our performances but the teams around us.
However, as I have already quoted, lose at home to West Ham, regardless of whether we miss three penalties and have two huge ref mistakes, there is a good chance there will be a reckoning, which will probably spell the end of Farke.
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2708
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread
It is not just today. DF needs to wake up and change things. Stop playing the same team that keeps on losing and missing so many golden chances to score.
It may be early but i have lost faith in DF and believe unless he changes his approach we are going down
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players