Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Burnley v Leeds United
Burnley
Burnley
2–0
Premier League
18/10/2025
Turf Moor
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Burnley
68
Played
34
Won
14
Drawn
20
Lost
+28
GD
50%
Win %
Away record
34
Played
13
Won
8
Drawn
13
Lost
-3
GD
38%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
27/01/2025 Turf Moor 0–0 D Championship ↗
14/09/2024 Elland Road 0–1 L Championship ↗
02/01/2022 Elland Road 3–1 W Premier League ↗
29/08/2021 Turf Moor 1–1 D Premier League ↗
15/05/2021 Turf Moor 0–4 W Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Burnley
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 8
2 Allan Clarke 7
3 Tom Jennings 5
4 Mick Jones 4
5 Eddie Gray 4
Starting XI
Substitutes
7 James
14 Nmecha
10 Piroe
22 Tanaka
Unused Substitutes
1 Perri
24 Justin
15 Bijol
23 Bornauw
44 Gruev
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 4:13 pm Odds are had DCL played v Arse, he'd have been as useful as Piroe was..We got slaughtered, Piroe was just unlucky he was the starter and is suffering for it.
DCL has 2 goals and 1 assist against Arsenal in his career.

I also don't think he'd have made any difference.

DCL is decent in the air and duels but not brilliant with a 40% win rate.

Gabriel and Saliba are both over 60%.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79002
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:28 pm I read earlier post about him needing various things to perform. Like 2 out & out wingers. So will he improve if Dan James comes back at 100%
It improves his chances yes....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79002
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:32 pm DCL has 2 goals and 1 assist against Arsenal in his career.

I also don't think he'd have made any difference.

DCL is decent in the air and duels but not brilliant with a 40% win rate.

Gabriel and Saliba are both over 60%.
A bicycle kick and a nice header from a good open play cross.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jammy 07 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:31 pm Ger Lynch was highlighting the difference in our press yesterday compared to the Everton and Newcastle games.
I'd agree as thought we looked lethargic yesterday and if I was being highly critical a bit lazy and not willing to put the hard yards. Maybe it was the fact we had so much possession but it really wasn't good enough at times.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:38 pm I'd agree as thought we looked lethargic yesterday and if I was being highly critical a bit lazy and not willing to put the hard yards. Maybe it was the fact we had so much possession but it really wasn't good enough at times.
Exactly what I inferred with not being galvanised.
Beating the Burnleys etc is vital.
It was very lack lustre.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jammy 07 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:28 pm I read earlier post about him needing various things to perform. Like 2 out & out wingers. So will he improve if Dan James comes back at 100%
If we add in Okafor and Gnonto as well then yes definitely.

Plus signing a no'10 in January wouldn't go amiss.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 6:33 pm It improves his chances yes....
Presumably he’s had his favoured formation before?
Based on his salary people expect goals in exchange.
Therein lies the problem.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 5:57 pm Absolutely correct Dave.
But he’s always been the same so why buy him.
We didn’t, he was a free agent 😃😃😃
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 7:10 pm We didn’t, he was a free agent 😃😃😃
His name is longer than his scoring record.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Tyzy »

Signing all these defence type players and a couple of crucial positions on freebies isn't really paying off is it ?
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6744
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 7:10 pm We didn’t, he was a free agent 😃😃😃
Still mostly free of goals anyway. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

I always wanted a double barrelled surname
Jay Dog-Eat-Dog would’ve been good.
“Aaronson to Harrison, reverse pass to Piroe and its Dog-Eat-Dog - 2-0!!”
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Johnsie123
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Burnley v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Johnsie123 »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Sun Oct 19, 2025 4:59 pm They way we have set up has given us a pretty decent return.
Plus you make the mistake to believe that our players are completely one dimension and can not adjust how they approach a game.

Its not as if we are getting played off the park is it? Or are getting carved open time and time again.


What I am not surpised at is the fact that even though we know it would be hard, with so many disadvantages being a newly promoted side fans still to think that their untested theories are a solution to a problem that the manager has done well in addressing.

Making us competitive at this level,
He has and we are.
I agree with some of your points,but we are conceding silly goals from defence,I think Bijol has got to play Friday,I also think tanaka and James should play Aaronson and Stach out,we need to change something that is going to get us scoring goals .
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply