What a stupid nonsensical stat. Why not just say missed chances
Daniel Farke
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20763
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Daniel Farke - Press Conference prior West Ham.
What a stupid nonsensical stat. Why not just say missed chances
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155404
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155404
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155404
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Daniel Farke - Press Conference Today
Dan James
He more or less had three or four months without a competitive game (since injury in April to start of the season). Last two weeks, he's back in full team training. I like his attitude, he needs to work hard and he's doing this. He's sharp in training. Focused and concentrated.
Happy with start?
We are happy and confident right now. But there is a long way to go, we won't fall asleep.
Gudmundsson
It was just a bruise, just a dead leg. It was nothing major. He will be back to his full fitness. He is a key player for us.
James Justin can play both full back position so he is important for us. He has put his mark down and shown he is capavle to play and be solid.
I loved how mature he was vs West Ham, was more like the other way around. He proved why we wanted him so much.
Tanaka being self-critical
I like if someone is humble and self -ritical and puts his demands high. But he doesn't have to say this. There's no reason to be so self-critical.
First time in the Championship last season, first time in the Premier League where he has to prove himself.
He can't be blamed for his injury vs Arsenal. Then if out for a few weeks, missing many minutes - (playing vs West Ham) it was a solid performance. I didn't expect him to be man of the match.
Be quite solid and played his part. He can prove he can play at this level. There's even more to come. He needs to step up in a few areas but no reason to be over self critical.
Fabian Hurzeler
I love managers who have handwriting in their team. You can tell a few years ago he had talent as a manager and potential.
Credit to him to handle the pressue at his age (32). I was just finishing my playing career!
Speak to him often? To be honest, you don't have too much time for coffee. Days are so busy. We've met sometimes on a few occasions and it's great to have a chat. But not every week. He's an intelligent person.
Team news
I have nothing to report. No injuries or illnesses. All in training. No question marks today.
Gnonto has trained today, he's not a topic to start. But first full training week. We will see if we take him to the game.
The challenge to stay up
We should be on more points, then I'd be a bit more relaxed. The performances are good.
On a good path but 11 points won't be enough to surirve. We nine nine wins, even 10. It's never a guarantee you will stay up. I expect some challenges and tough times will come.
Brighton and Rutter
I don't think we should over interpretate last night's game.
I was a joy to work with Rutter. Full of quality and potential. He was like a young horse, wild and full of energy. He always wanted to improve and progress. Important for them. Not the finished product yet, there's more to come.
I don't want to praise him too much because we want to handle him this weekend. I'm looking forward to giving him a big hug after the game.
He more or less had three or four months without a competitive game (since injury in April to start of the season). Last two weeks, he's back in full team training. I like his attitude, he needs to work hard and he's doing this. He's sharp in training. Focused and concentrated.
Happy with start?
We are happy and confident right now. But there is a long way to go, we won't fall asleep.
Gudmundsson
It was just a bruise, just a dead leg. It was nothing major. He will be back to his full fitness. He is a key player for us.
James Justin can play both full back position so he is important for us. He has put his mark down and shown he is capavle to play and be solid.
I loved how mature he was vs West Ham, was more like the other way around. He proved why we wanted him so much.
Tanaka being self-critical
I like if someone is humble and self -ritical and puts his demands high. But he doesn't have to say this. There's no reason to be so self-critical.
First time in the Championship last season, first time in the Premier League where he has to prove himself.
He can't be blamed for his injury vs Arsenal. Then if out for a few weeks, missing many minutes - (playing vs West Ham) it was a solid performance. I didn't expect him to be man of the match.
Be quite solid and played his part. He can prove he can play at this level. There's even more to come. He needs to step up in a few areas but no reason to be over self critical.
Fabian Hurzeler
I love managers who have handwriting in their team. You can tell a few years ago he had talent as a manager and potential.
Credit to him to handle the pressue at his age (32). I was just finishing my playing career!
Speak to him often? To be honest, you don't have too much time for coffee. Days are so busy. We've met sometimes on a few occasions and it's great to have a chat. But not every week. He's an intelligent person.
Team news
I have nothing to report. No injuries or illnesses. All in training. No question marks today.
Gnonto has trained today, he's not a topic to start. But first full training week. We will see if we take him to the game.
The challenge to stay up
We should be on more points, then I'd be a bit more relaxed. The performances are good.
On a good path but 11 points won't be enough to surirve. We nine nine wins, even 10. It's never a guarantee you will stay up. I expect some challenges and tough times will come.
Brighton and Rutter
I don't think we should over interpretate last night's game.
I was a joy to work with Rutter. Full of quality and potential. He was like a young horse, wild and full of energy. He always wanted to improve and progress. Important for them. Not the finished product yet, there's more to come.
I don't want to praise him too much because we want to handle him this weekend. I'm looking forward to giving him a big hug after the game.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41752
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Daniel Farke - Press Conference Today
Farke here
We don't have to over analyse the game. There is no sugarciating they were the better side. Overall in the game it was quite equal - 50/50 possession. But out of their possession they were far more clinical.
We didn't start very well. We weren't brave or confident. If you're 1-0 down in the away game, its always difficult. After that I was impressed with how we handle it.
Deliveres were not as good and missed chances. Felt we were not that farw away from eqaulise then we gave the 2-0 and 3-0 in quick succession.
Bogle sub
Mentioned he felt poorly at half time. He was surprised to be taken off.
Calvert-Lewin lack of support
Was due to the way Brighton pressed. We couldnt use him that much, especially in the away game.
Attacking away from home
We are a newly promoted away side. Today fair assesment wasn't our day today.
We are self critical bc can play better.
Playing Aaronson in midfield
We wanted a creative numebr 10. We choose then to take more risk. He's played there before - perhaps we lacked physicality.
Any positives?
Reaction after 10 minutes. Bringing the ball in the opponents half, keeping possession. Was important we show class and team spirit.
This is what we did. Lukas had a great chance, could have perhaps taken a first. Overall wasn't our best day.
We don't have to over analyse the game. There is no sugarciating they were the better side. Overall in the game it was quite equal - 50/50 possession. But out of their possession they were far more clinical.
We didn't start very well. We weren't brave or confident. If you're 1-0 down in the away game, its always difficult. After that I was impressed with how we handle it.
Deliveres were not as good and missed chances. Felt we were not that farw away from eqaulise then we gave the 2-0 and 3-0 in quick succession.
Bogle sub
Mentioned he felt poorly at half time. He was surprised to be taken off.
Calvert-Lewin lack of support
Was due to the way Brighton pressed. We couldnt use him that much, especially in the away game.
Attacking away from home
We are a newly promoted away side. Today fair assesment wasn't our day today.
We are self critical bc can play better.
Playing Aaronson in midfield
We wanted a creative numebr 10. We choose then to take more risk. He's played there before - perhaps we lacked physicality.
Any positives?
Reaction after 10 minutes. Bringing the ball in the opponents half, keeping possession. Was important we show class and team spirit.
This is what we did. Lukas had a great chance, could have perhaps taken a first. Overall wasn't our best day.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79122
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Daniel Farke - Press Conference Today
We didn't lack physicality, we lacked flair and passing creativity... DCL was as isolated as he's been most of the season.
All those that said Piroe is a good option off the bench when behind? ...erm.
All those that said Piroe is a good option off the bench when behind? ...erm.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
I think farke is delusional, he think we are better than a 3 nil how with an xg .43,and the only shots on goal were from the subs,he needs a reality check tou may as well play his interview from the first defeat he says the same thing all the time
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
So what do you want him do at those press conferences?Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 01, 2025 8:46 pm I think farke is delusional, he think we are better than a 3 nil how with an xg .43,and the only shots on goal were from the subs,he needs a reality check tou may as well play his interview from the first defeat he says the same thing all the time
Rubbish himself?
The team?
The Board?
The delusional Leeds fans still living in the 1960S.
Answers on a postcard
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19705
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Well said. It is important to look at positives in defeat and also look at ways to improve when you have won.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
BE honest with the fans,we at least deserve that.
He is paid thousands to keep us up and if he ain't up to it go be the bigger man,but no his ego is everything he wants to prove he can make it in the prem and he can't.
I do remember the 60s and 70s when we were a force THANKS.
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Re: Daniel Farke - Press Conference Today
We lack a Premier League squad and it shows.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Nov 01, 2025 5:57 pm We didn't lack physicality, we lacked flair and passing creativity... DCL was as isolated as he's been most of the season.
All those that said Piroe is a good option off the bench when behind? ...erm.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Farke has been refreshingly honest in his press conferences, but again I ask.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 5:56 am BE honest with the fans,we at least deserve that.
He is paid thousands to keep us up and if he ain't up to it go be the bigger man,but no his ego is everything he wants to prove he can make it in the prem and he can't.
I do remember the 60s and 70s when we were a force THANKS.
What do you want him to say exactly?
Ah no need I see you move on the personal attacks about his earnings and his personality.
The 60s and 70s were a high point, you can enjoy the memory or lose your happiness making comparisons between then and now its your choice.
Oh and finally, are you calling for Farke to be sacked? You say he isnt up to it.
Should he be removed this week?
Yes or No
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155404
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Mentioning the amount of possession & corner kicks is pointless!Irish Ian wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 7:07 am Farke has been refreshingly honest in his press conferences, but again I ask.
What do you want him to say exactly?
Ah no need I see you move on the personal attacks about his earnings and his personality.
The 60s and 70s were a high point, you can enjoy the memory or lose your happiness making comparisons between then and now its your choice.
Oh and finally, are you calling for Farke to be sacked? You say he isnt up to it.
Should he be removed this week?
Yes or No
Just papering over the cracks.
-
Jammy 07
- Manager

- Posts: 3833
- Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
With our fixture list over the next 9 games it now feels almost inevitable that we'll slide into the bottom three. Farke will probably then get the sack and a new man will come in whilst the January transfer window is open.
Hope I'm wrong as Farke is doing the best he can with a poor squad for this League.
Hope I'm wrong as Farke is doing the best he can with a poor squad for this League.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79122
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
A poor squad he built... or at the very least helped build.Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 11:18 am With our fixture list over the next 9 games it now feels almost inevitable that we'll slide into the bottom three. Farke will probably then get the sack and a new man will come in whilst the January transfer window is open.
Hope I'm wrong as Farke is doing the best he can with a poor squad for this League.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Johnsie123
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 657
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Maybe just Maybe he needs to think of other formations,where he can involve James Gnotto and Piroe ,you can't tell me piroe has suddenly become a poor player not worthy of a start .I personally think dcl is not worth the wages he is getting paid but then he is a favorite along with Aaronson again waste of space but farke loves them who knows why .Irish Ian wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 7:07 am Farke has been refreshingly honest in his press conferences, but again I ask.
What do you want him to say exactly?
Ah no need I see you move on the personal attacks about his earnings and his personality.
The 60s and 70s were a high point, you can enjoy the memory or lose your happiness making comparisons between then and now its your choice.
Oh and finally, are you calling for Farke to be sacked? You say he isnt up to it.
Should he be removed this week?
Yes or No
I am not attacking farke it's just the truth he is paid a lot of money to do a job and jf I am correct that is keeping our great club in the prem ,and no I am not saying get rid now but I will say that after man city if he has got only 1 point .
- PhoenixUnited
- First Team

- Posts: 2298
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
- Location: Leicester U.K
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Both James and Gnonto, for various reasons, have been on the "missing" list all season.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 2:07 pm Maybe just Maybe he needs to think of other formations,where he can involve James Gnotto and Piroe ,you can't tell me piroe has suddenly become a poor player not worthy of a start .I personally think dcl is not worth the wages he is getting paid but then he is a favorite along with Aaronson again waste of space but farke loves them who knows why .
I am not attacking farke it's just the truth he is paid a lot of money to do a job and jf I am correct that is keeping our great club in the prem ,and no I am not saying get rid now but I will say that after man city if he has got only 1 point .
James is looking nothing like the player we saw last season. not sure what is up with him but he is a long way off being fully fit never mind match fit and given that he has barely played any football for about 5 months he will be as rusty as hell. Not a chance you can be modelling an optional formation with him playing a key role.
Gnonto has been out injured and has been for quite a number of weeks and like James a long way from being ready for including in a match day squad
Daniel Farke cannot rely on these two at the moment. Put that with the two dud strikers we have in DCL and Nmecha and the limitations of options available to Farke are glaring no matterhow positive a spin he puts on things. It is a shame that Piroe isn't getting a look in but I suspect that given the lack of creativity in our team he'd struggle to make any difference.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
The knives and the jibes are out after every poor result. IMO some folk need to manage their expectations better. I do not recall anyone who was anything less than downcast by the creation of this seasons squad.
We need 17th that is my expectation, anything higher is a bonus.
So considering my expectation I expect us to lose a lot of games. Therefore a loss away at Brighton, whilst disappointing as I want us to win every game, is not a result that has me shaking my fist at the sky, simply on the basis that I expected this season to be a struggle. Although I believe we should go into every game with a belief we can win.
The manner of how we played against Brighton was dispiriting, fortunately we have generally played pretty well after a poor result as best as I can recall under Farke.
A string or poor results and poor performances would start to concern me.
We need 17th that is my expectation, anything higher is a bonus.
So considering my expectation I expect us to lose a lot of games. Therefore a loss away at Brighton, whilst disappointing as I want us to win every game, is not a result that has me shaking my fist at the sky, simply on the basis that I expected this season to be a struggle. Although I believe we should go into every game with a belief we can win.
The manner of how we played against Brighton was dispiriting, fortunately we have generally played pretty well after a poor result as best as I can recall under Farke.
A string or poor results and poor performances would start to concern me.
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Daniel Farke - Post Match Reaction
Farke knows his players best. When Willy and DJ are match sharp they will get more mins and starts. BA has done a good job in their absence, not sure why you have a downer on him. I understand the frustration, which he has a habit of generating simply because for me he holds onto the ball far longer than necessary on occasion. But he is brave in possession, perhaps too brave occasionally as he runs into trouble frequently and gets out muscled off the ball far too often for my liking.Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 02, 2025 2:07 pm Maybe just Maybe he needs to think of other formations,where he can involve James Gnotto and Piroe ,you can't tell me piroe has suddenly become a poor player not worthy of a start .I personally think dcl is not worth the wages he is getting paid but then he is a favorite along with Aaronson again waste of space but farke loves them who knows why .
I am not attacking farke it's just the truth he is paid a lot of money to do a job and jf I am correct that is keeping our great club in the prem ,and no I am not saying get rid now but I will say that after man city if he has got only 1 point .
But as with anything if you just concentrate on the negatives you miss the positives. There were not many from the game against Brighton, and there will be more games this season with the same outcome.