weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 8:23 pm
THink you are being very harsh. Think he had a decent enough game but had to be careful for a long time after taking the yellow card for the team in the 47th minute. After that it would have been very easy for the ref to send him off for any tackle, regardless of whether it was a foul that deserved a card or even a foul at all.
The tackle in itself was poor, can see why he did it but right down the achilles.
weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 8:25 pm
His confidence should have been fine given that he scored in the previous round. Think though that is his 3rd penalty miss of the season so maybe lacking confidence in taking penalties.
I think penalties are different if you aren't in good form and high on confidence.
Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 9:35 pm
I think penalties are different if you aren't in good form and high on confidence.
Open play finishes can be instinctive.
Penalties you stand and think and wait.
I'm more than happy to support any of our players through thick and thin but your relentless championing of Piroe isn't fair on the players who are performing better than him.
foxy wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 8:38 pm
Whilst id love to see us winning the cup the only downside is a European spot. Whilst watching Leeds in the champions league 25 years ago provided some of the most memorable experiences of my life, it would be far too early to go down that road now. Assuming we stay up I think we need another 2 or 3 seasons to consolidate our top flight status particularly as off the field focus ( and resources?) will be on the stadium extension. Europa League would be a unnecessary distraction without providing the financial benefit to fund the necessary squad improvements to fight on another front. Avoiding another relegation battle is far more important than a few trips to far flung places. Let's become an established premier league team and then start our next European adventures (and be robbed by dodgy officials)
Likewise with the Champions League business, great nights, but we are miles away from Europe at the moment.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 9:35 pm
I think penalties are different if you aren't in good form and high on confidence.
Open play finishes can be instinctive.
Penalties you stand and think and wait.
Fair enough and I would agree with you he is the best finisher at the club - would want most chances falling to him and was confident he'd take a good penalty.
I wonder if the keeper change got in his head a bit, as well as him missing his last two. He may well have gotten info on Areola and planned what to do but then maybe second guessed himself a bit with a new keeper, maybe thinking he was some sort of penalty saving expert.
I think though it can work the other way more. If you are short on confidence you snatch at chances, in open play, but you'd trust your technique with a spot kick.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 8:29 pm
I would, they get paid a fortune. Wonder if I played for Leeds would I read this forum and see what the fans thought of me.
Oh you don’t need to be a footballer. There’s plenty on here tell you what they think of you as it is.
weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 06, 2026 8:32 pm
Always been a bugbear of mie. As a defender you are risking a very serious injury when a player raises their foot that high, even if it a bicycle kick etc. Anywhere else on the pitch that is given as a freekick for high foot - even if the foot is a half a metre lower.
Exactly. Incredibly weak from the referees team. They would be fearing for their lives if they’d disallowed it.
This is a really interesting video from Joe Blackburn, Leeds content creator on Youtube, highlighting the risk of poor crowd control, and this incident just happened during our FA Cup match at London Stadium. Seems like the tragedies at Heysel and Hillsborough have been forgotten
White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 5:46 am
This is a really interesting video from Joe Blackburn, Leeds content creator on Youtube, highlighting the risk of poor crowd control, and this incident just happened during our FA Cup match at London Stadium. Seems like the tragedies at Heysel and Hillsborough have been forgotten
Scary!
I've been in similar situation several times.
Southampton's The Dell stadium was one of the worst.
Southampton's The Dell stadium was one of the worst.
Aye, very scary Leon and West Ham need to fix this before people get killed.
I was at college in Middlesbrough in the 80s Leon and used to get to a lot of their home matches.
I was at a League Cup match against Burnley and they let way too many people into the ground. The stand I was in was miles beyond capacity and all standing. So, you were literally carried off your feet and moved 50 yards left, right and centre when any action happened.
It was a laugh at the time, as we were young and full of drink, but quite a scary situation tbh.
Southampton's The Dell stadium was one of the worst.
I do not think there was much to worry about. They were not bridges. - they are gangways to reduce the flow of fans. It just became a bottleneck but comparing that to other tragedies was over dramatic for me.