whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 16, 2026 7:46 pm
So do I. Scarborough North beach do the best waffles. Topped with Fresh cream and drizzled with melted chocolate. Yum
So waffley versatile
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 16, 2026 7:46 pm
So do I. Scarborough North beach do the best waffles. Topped with Fresh cream and drizzled with melted chocolate. Yum
Statistically including this season we earn more points when Tanaka plays.
But why downplay it.
Seems unnecessary
On the one hand people are claiming DF is managing a low on confidence player, on the other he's downplayed his impact.
It is no secret he likes the players to remain humble. If he quoted lavish praise and the player then has a nightmare game - I am sure the inference would be that Farke has placed players under unnecessary pressure.
You are far too literal in the way you interpret what he says in pressies it is all the same bollocks from the managers book of cliches that most quote. I pay little attention to what is said other than who is unawailable.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 16, 2026 9:55 pm
It is no secret he likes the players to remain humble. If he quoted lavish praise and the player then has a nightmare game - I am sure the inference would be that Farke has placed players under unnecessary pressure.
You are far too literal in the way you interpret what he says in pressies it is all the same bollocks from the managers book of cliches that most quote. I pay little attention to what is said other than who is unawailable.
Well put sir. I have noticed that Farke doesn't just hand out praise or criticism usually. Usually a bit of praise but along the lines of could still do better etc. Or criticism but without burying a player and offering some crumbs of comfort too. Think it is the not to 'get too high or too low,' manner. I would often be the same when I was a manager, if we won I'd try to suggest reasons why we could have done better, discuss the faults etc so we didn't get complacent, and if we lost try to pick the positives more so that we wouldn't get too down.
That was why I was so surprised earlier in the season when he seemed very critical of Perri, maybe it was just his way of trying a different approach to the one he used with Messlier which ultimately didn't prove successful.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
You have to treat players differently. Its been well mentioned before that some playes like to have an arm around the shoulder and spoken to without the need to cut the s**t out of them. Others dont mind being given a bollicking. No one on here knows what our players are like in that respect. We can say for example the likes of Rodon comes across as a player who can take a bollicking and move on,were as AO may be the complete opposite.
What we like to think as being true, isnt always the case.
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 10:45 am
You have to treat players differently. Its been well mentioned before that some playes like to have an arm around the shoulder and spoken to without the need to cut the s**t out of them. Others dont mind being given a bollicking. No one on here knows what our players are like in that respect. We can say for example the likes of Rodon comes across as a player who can take a bollicking and move on,were as AO may be the complete opposite.
What we like to think as being true, isnt always the case.
Japanese reactions to criticism are heavily shaped by cultural values like harmony (wa), saving face (mentsu or kao o tateru), and avoiding direct confrontation.
Japan is often described as a high-context, group-oriented society where maintaining smooth relationships takes priority over blunt honesty.
Honne vs. Tatemae: Tatemae is the "public face" or what people say to preserve harmony and avoid offending others. Honne is the true, private feelings. Criticism is rarely expressed directly in honne style publicly, as it risks disrupting group cohesion. People often use indirect language, hints, or silence instead of saying "no" or "that's wrong."
Can the Occidental ever understand the Oriental?
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style ~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
I wonder what the bookies are offering for Leeds to go unbeaten for the rest of the season ? I’m sure some of our resident bookies could find out. Might be worth a small wager.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 11:50 am
I wonder what the bookies are offering for Leeds to go unbeaten for the rest of the season ? I’m sure some of our resident bookies could find out. Might be worth a small wager.
Stop all that talk of going unbeaten right now, you know it will come back to haunt us
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 10:45 am
You have to treat players differently. Its been well mentioned before that some playes like to have an arm around the shoulder and spoken to without the need to cut the s**t out of them. Others dont mind being given a bollicking. No one on here knows what our players are like in that respect. We can say for example the likes of Rodon comes across as a player who can take a bollicking and move on,were as AO may be the complete opposite.
What we like to think as being true, isnt always the case.
That's very true. Treating everyone the same but in a different way can be difficult and takes time to work out but is achievable. I was senior DSA for 12 years in a hospital and all of my DSA's had very different personalities. If I needed something from one of them I wouid evaluate the best way to achieve that, knowing how they would react and how to get the best out if them. My approach to each of them was different but but I always made them feel valuable and needed, to get the right result.....it took me a while to work it out but I did get there.
Farke has done a great job creating a bond with our players and you can see how he treats them at the end of a game, talking to them and encouraging them even when accepting applause and cheers from our fans.
Last edited by whiteswan on Fri Apr 17, 2026 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 12:50 pm
That's very true. Treating everyone the same but in a different way can difficult and takes time to work out but is achievable. I was senior DSA for 12 years in a hospital and all of my DSA's had very different personalities. If I needed something from one of them I wouid evaluate the best way to achieve that, knowing how they wouid react and how to get the best out if them. My approach to each of them was different but but I always made them feel valuable and needed to get the right result.....it took me a while to work it out but I did get there.
Farke has done a great job creating a bond with our players and you can see how he treats them at the end of a game, talking to them and encouraging them even when accepting applause and cheers from our fans.
Very well done Swannie in the job that you did. Im sure at times it wasnt easy. As you rightly said it takes time, not only are people different they take things on baord at different rates. Not everyone can adapt at the first time of asking. Some may be slower than others but it doesnt mean they cant improve or don`t want to.
Its just too easy for some folks to say " ah just do this and that and it will be all right " or " if only you had done this or that, things would have been better "
Easy to say those things, not always easy to make them work as quickly as you might want.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Apr 17, 2026 12:50 pm
That's very true. Treating everyone the same but in a different way can be difficult and takes time to work out but is achievable. I was senior DSA for 12 years in a hospital and all of my DSA's had very different personalities. If I needed something from one of them I wouid evaluate the best way to achieve that, knowing how they would react and how to get the best out if them. My approach to each of them was different but but I always made them feel valuable and needed, to get the right result.....it took me a while to work it out but I did get there.
Farke has done a great job creating a bond with our players and you can see how he treats them at the end of a game, talking to them and encouraging them even when accepting applause and cheers from our fans.
Indeed Swannie.
Generally, people who have worked in managerial roles have an understanding of what is best in managing their employeees individually or in group circumstances.
Anyone notice Gnonto warming up was one of the first to celebrate with Okafor.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 16, 2026 7:46 pm
So do I. Scarborough North beach do the best waffles. Topped with Fresh cream and drizzled with melted chocolate. Yum
North beach is the better side of Scarborough.
A walk along the Brid coastline yesterday morning, bacon sandwiches + coffee at the The Spa then up to Sewerby in the afternoon with a visit to the Blu Savannah another regular haunt, we we had apple crumble & custard + more coffee.
Trips to Filey, Whitby, North Yorks Moors, Peasholm Park/North Beach & Hornsea in the coming months.