The Holiday thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2296
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 7:55 pm Booked a week in Cyprus in April and the Iranians have just launched 2 missiles at it. The missus is a bit wary of going now, I’ll miss her.
I think the Foreign Office, The Airlines and Travel Insurance companies might kybosh your plans before she needs to intervene. Probably.......
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11786
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Mon Mar 02, 2026 1:44 pm I will happily buy a pint for any of my MOT friends.
Now you’re talking 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14653
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by hector »

He's gonna suddenly find he has a lot of friends :mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18337
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

This photo made me smile, when my daughter sent it through earlier today.

They went on a trip to Vinicunca (the ‘Rainbow Mountain’), from Cusco 🇵🇪 today. Up at 5,000m altitude

IMG_0318.jpeg
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sat Mar 14, 2026 7:14 pm This photo made me smile, when my daughter sent it through earlier today.

They went on a trip to Vinicunca (the ‘Rainbow Mountain’), from Cusco 🇵🇪 today. Up at 5,000m altitude


IMG_0318.jpeg
I had £10 ew on the one on the left at Cheltenham.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18337
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2026 10:40 am I had £10 ew on the one on the left at Cheltenham.
Was it first time running with his snazzy orange visors? :duno:
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18337
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

When we were staying over in 🇵🇹 Olhão last week, we took a short ferry trip over to Ilha da Culatra (one of the Barrier Islands within the Ria Formosa National Park). It has one of the nicest, most pristine beaches I think I’ve ever been on anywhere…and, virtually deserted.
IMG_0542.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0548.jpeg
IMG_0551.jpeg
IMG_0550.jpeg
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2026 10:40 am I had £10 ew on the one on the left at Cheltenham.
I Backed the other one at ten to one... it came in at a quarter to three.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by DDB220 »

I have a week in Morrocco at the end of May. My Mrs is into Yoga I just play twister at Christmas occasionally if I have too much sherry.
Regardless I have avoided all her yoga club international retreats week as they were never anywhere I fancy. She goes on them with mostly women and the odd male yoga enthusiast.
However, I fancy Morrocco, the retreat is near Agadir. I will leave her to her headstands and go exploring. I may get myself a rental motorbike whilst out there.

I did a 6 week expedition back in the 80’s into the Atlas Mountains and I have fond memories of the place.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by DDB220 »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Fri Dec 19, 2025 10:52 pm Screenshot_20251219_082055_Gallery.jpg

Roatan island, Honduras 8-)
Presumably you didn’t have to be onboard for the last picture 😂😂

I have got a cruise in October around the Nordic Fjords. 6 nights get on and off in Southampton.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18337
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 23, 2026 4:24 pm I have a week in Morrocco at the end of May. My Mrs is into Yoga I just play twister at Christmas occasionally if I have too much sherry.
Regardless I have avoided all her yoga club international retreats week as they were never anywhere I fancy. She goes on them with mostly women and the odd male yoga enthusiast.
However, I fancy Morrocco, the retreat is near Agadir. I will leave her to her headstands and go exploring. I may get myself a rental motorbike whilst out there.

I did a 6 week expedition back in the 80’s into the Atlas Mountains and I have fond memories of the place.
Went to Marrakech in Feb '25, DDB and really enjoyed it (p.11 of this thread)
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3353
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 23, 2026 4:29 pm Presumably you didn’t have to be onboard for the last picture 😂😂

I have got a cruise in October around the Nordic Fjords. 6 nights get on and off in Southampton.
It was my first ever cruise 8-) , very enjoyable. Will have to look into doing another one at some point.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by DDB220 »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Thu Apr 23, 2026 6:53 pm It was my first ever cruise 8-) , very enjoyable. Will have to look into doing another one at some point.
Yeah so am I. Left it late in life as I have vivid memories of sailing down to the Falklands in an old North Sea ferry and going through a force 12 storm. Some fucker put on the Poseidon Adventure as the evening film.

It was grim to day the least.

The smell of puke down in the cattle class cabins lingered for days afterwards
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9751
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

This was in Cyprus earlier this week.
IMG_4193.jpeg
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3662
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Madron »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Thu Apr 23, 2026 10:59 am When we were staying over in 🇵🇹 Olhão last week, we took a short ferry trip over to Ilha da Culatra (one of the Barrier Islands within the Ria Formosa National Park). It has one of the nicest, most pristine beaches I think I’ve ever been on anywhere…and, virtually deserted.
We took a trip there a few years ago when we stayed in Olhao.
Very busy when we went, think it was a Sunday, so a lot of the locals went for the day as no beaches in the town.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14653
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by hector »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 7:22 am Yeah so am I. Left it late in life as I have vivid memories of sailing down to the Falklands in an old North Sea ferry and going through a force 12 storm. Some fucker put on the Poseidon Adventure as the evening film.

It was grim to day the least.

The smell of puke down in the cattle class cabins lingered for days afterwards
Norland???

MV Keren?
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14653
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by hector »

The roaring 40's were great fun in a flat bottomed ferry :sick: :sick:

:mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79119
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 9:38 am The roaring 40's were great fun in a flat bottomed ferry :sick: :sick:

:mrgreen:
You mean landing craft don't you?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14653
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Apr 25, 2026 10:49 am You mean landing craft don't you?
No mate.... The MV Keren was a flat bottomed ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland.... It was used to ferry us between Falklands and Ascenscion through the roaring 40's until the airport at Mount Pleasant was built
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14653
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by hector »

Landing craft were a whole different version of sea sick.... In fact it was in a landing craft in Cyprus during a large military exercise in 1981 that I was actually sea sick for the only time in my life..... 2 hours in the bloody thing before landing at dawn on some god forsaken beach... The movement in the dark with the high sides and unable to see anything.... The whole bottom of the boat was "lumpy"
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply