I agree Weasel. Similarly Aaronson can have - as you call it - demented poodle moments. Massive work rate, but often not enough positive outcome.weasel wrote: ↑Thu Apr 23, 2026 7:22 pm I was probably the only fan at the time that didn't rate him. Great workrate but his reading of the game was non existent and for me the reason he had to do so much running was bacause he was always out of position, always chasing rather than anticipating. Always leaving a huge gap in the central areas as he chased after the ball like a demented poodle.
Don't think it helped that he had a clueless buffoon in charge too so had nobody to guide him as to how to play the DM role effectively - contrast Bielsa tutoring KP and turning him into the player he became, a player that didn't need to run like a headless chicken but would more often thatn not be in the right position to snuff out danger and then also be in the right position to dictate play from deep.
When I watch MLS I just find something is just not quite right. Then I heard Farke say he feels sometimes Brendon is guilty of taking too many touches on the ball.
I realized thats my issue with most MLS games I watch. There is too much aimless tapping the ball around. Sometimes interspersed with moments of magic.
My team - Vancouver Whitecaps - recruited Thomas Mueller last season. Smart move by our Danish coach as you could see the team starting to play much more direct and purposeful football. They made the MLS finals as a result, only beaten by Messi and Miami.
We werent "sitting back" last night - we were soaking up relentless pressure from an excllent team with amazing defense. You cant always be on the attack. Not against all opponents.


