Second half of the season was brilliant. We were rarely outplayed in games. I remember that stretch back in December when I saw the run of games coming and thought we were doomed. We thrived against top teams. And we more than held our own. I'd say the only disappointment was our two games against Sunderland as I feel we should have beaten them twice and finished higher than them. We definitely looked like a top half team since the new year.
You'd think we should consolidate on this with the backing we have and global support. But its also easy to see where clubs on a high fall apart. Spurs winning in Europe last season. WHam, Forest, Palace all been European teams. Newcastle swimming near the bottom end too. So its easy to see how a couple of things could go wrong and things fall apart. But I'm confident
What does everyone think about our formation? Do we think Farke will go with more attacking players next season?
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu May 14, 2026 1:56 pm
Le Bris
O'Reilly
Thiago
Agree with all 3 of those.
But they will never give the manager award to Le Bris over Arteta even though he dine a great job, only the Horrible Andrews and Iraola could be in with a chance there, what on earth is the Scum fella doing there, 15 games and when the season is over not even half a season, Farke is easily ahead of him. Same with Mainoo, hardly kicked a ball under the previous manager.
Not really surprised though as when Giggs took over from Moyes for 4 games the Premier League said they hadn't ruled him out for manager of the month with his one win in four
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Wed May 20, 2026 8:47 am
What about the cheating
All the top clubs (especially London teams} cheat
Unfortunately its a general horrible trait in the PL.
I don't approve of all the cheating one bit. Unfortunately, unless the authorities clampdown on all the appalling antics, cheating in going to become the norm.
I keep insisiting, football could learn a lot from rugby league.
1964white wrote: ↑Wed May 20, 2026 8:55 am
All the top clubs (especially London teams} cheat
Unfortunately its a general horrible trait in the PL.
I don't approve of all the cheating one bit. Unfortunately, unless the authorities clampdown on all the appalling antics, cheating in going to become the norm.
I keep insisiting, football could learn a lot from rugby league.
And Rugby Union.
There has been lots of talks for years about doing this and that to curb cheating or the protesting to ref`s much to strongly about decisions, but its hardly changed. It just seems to be in the DNA now of footballers, and i suspect thats coming from what the young players are being taught.
It seems that those in charge are afraid to really clamp down on these types of incidents. Make the punishments hard and stick to them. Sure some fans, players and managers will moan about it for a while but in time it would change. If they continue to just ignor it and hope the players change then things will never improve.