The Health Thread.
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9751
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
The Health Thread.
There are always posts about people’s health on the forum and the response has always been very supportive with some good advice thrown in so I think it deserves a thread of its own. Just somewhere to share your mental or physical health issues. As BT used to say “ It’s good to talk “
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8792
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
I'm currently off work with vertigo.
Never had it before. Was fine when I went to bed last Saturday night but woke up on Sunday morning and the room was spinning. It took a couple of hours for the spinning to stop but my head has been 'swimmy' like a bad hangover ever since.
I've been to the doctor's twice and have got to have an ECG and blood test on Tuesday to see if there is something else going on.
Never had it before. Was fine when I went to bed last Saturday night but woke up on Sunday morning and the room was spinning. It took a couple of hours for the spinning to stop but my head has been 'swimmy' like a bad hangover ever since.
I've been to the doctor's twice and have got to have an ECG and blood test on Tuesday to see if there is something else going on.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14653
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: The Health Thread.
That is horrible mate... A few years ago I got labrinthitis, where the main symptom is vertigo.. I had to crawl around the house, and every time I stood up, I threw up... doctor came and gave me some tablets for the vertigo and was walking the next day, still go dizzy if I move my head quickly though..... bloody horrible... So my sympathies are with you....Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Feb 28, 2026 11:14 am I'm currently off work with vertigo.
Never had it before. Was fine when I went to bed last Saturday night but woke up on Sunday morning and the room was spinning. It took a couple of hours for the spinning to stop but my head has been 'swimmy' like a bad hangover ever since.
I've been to the doctor's twice and have got to have an ECG and blood test on Tuesday to see if there is something else going on.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8792
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
Cheers Hector. It's the weirdest feeling. The doctor initially said it was BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) which is when crystals in the inner ear canal break lose and your brain thinks your head is moving when it is not. Certain exercises where you tilt your head are supposed to resolve it but they haven't worked for me but as I've had heart palpitations as well, I've now got to have the ECG and blood testhector wrote: ↑Sat Feb 28, 2026 11:40 am That is horrible mate... A few years ago I got labrinthitis, where the main symptom is vertigo.. I had to crawl around the house, and every time I stood up, I threw up... doctor came and gave me some tablets for the vertigo and was walking the next day, still go dizzy if I move my head quickly though..... bloody horrible... So my sympathies are with you....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- billysboots
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
- Location: N.Ireland
Re: The Health Thread.
We have vertigo im my family, my late sister and also a niece suffered from it.
The niece, Sarah seems to have it under control.
The niece, Sarah seems to have it under control.
There Is Only One United.
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9751
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: The Health Thread.
Sounds like a horrible condition Chilli, hopefully you get it sorted soon.Chilli D wrote: ↑Sat Feb 28, 2026 11:14 am I'm currently off work with vertigo.
Never had it before. Was fine when I went to bed last Saturday night but woke up on Sunday morning and the room was spinning. It took a couple of hours for the spinning to stop but my head has been 'swimmy' like a bad hangover ever since.
I've been to the doctor's twice and have got to have an ECG and blood test on Tuesday to see if there is something else going on.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3291
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: The Health Thread.
I’ve been chronically ill since 2014. First I discovered I had chronic ulcerative colitis in 2014 (no cure) then I started getting chronic head pain in 2020. That turned out to be due to nerve compression. Pain (manifests in my head/neck) is 10 out of 10 and I was misdiagnosed in England for 6 years. I hardly slept for 5 years and cried many times due to pain. At times I wanted to die to stop the pain!
It was discovered that my pain is due to 3 damaged vertebrae (C5, C6 and C7) diagnosed here in Canada by a private chiropractor I am seeing (not cheap as I have no health insurance). Vertebrae 21-22 are also damaged but being corrected!
6 days ago out of the blue I had a heart attack at work. Good job really as my coronary arteries are blocked. I’m having a triple bypass on Wednesday 4th March. At least it’s not cancer eh!
My life has actually frikkin sucked. I was abused as a child, my family (elders) were cuntz and didn’t give a fk. I suffered from severe depression (suicidal for many years) up until around 2013. My life has actually been really sad up until I met my now wife in 2008.
She is a gift from God and she has supported me through all of this pain. I have bouts of sadness now and again but I am optimistic for the future! I have my faith, I have my wife, I have my dog (a very good senior boi) and I have a new life in Canada so all is good
Only
knows how and why I made it this far! Much love
It was discovered that my pain is due to 3 damaged vertebrae (C5, C6 and C7) diagnosed here in Canada by a private chiropractor I am seeing (not cheap as I have no health insurance). Vertebrae 21-22 are also damaged but being corrected!
6 days ago out of the blue I had a heart attack at work. Good job really as my coronary arteries are blocked. I’m having a triple bypass on Wednesday 4th March. At least it’s not cancer eh!
My life has actually frikkin sucked. I was abused as a child, my family (elders) were cuntz and didn’t give a fk. I suffered from severe depression (suicidal for many years) up until around 2013. My life has actually been really sad up until I met my now wife in 2008.
She is a gift from God and she has supported me through all of this pain. I have bouts of sadness now and again but I am optimistic for the future! I have my faith, I have my wife, I have my dog (a very good senior boi) and I have a new life in Canada so all is good
Only
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3291
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: The Health Thread.
Following my triple bypass I am now well on the way to the best health I've been in for at least 26/27 years (I was last at peak fitness aged 34)! Still a way to go but I'm training again and can hit the gym proper in a couple of weeks. I've stayed off the booze since my surgery and it has not been a struggle. My main vice now is caffeine (strong coffee in the morning). If you'd told me 13 years ago that I'd be off the booze/drugs (been off drugs/cigarettes since 2014) and be happy about it, I would not have believed you...
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41751
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 6:54 pm Following my triple bypass I am now well on the way to the best health I've been in for at least 26/27 years (I was last at peak fitness aged 34)! Still a way to go but I'm training again and can hit the gym proper in a couple of weeks. I've stayed off the booze since my surgery and it has not been a struggle. My main vice now is caffeine (strong coffee in the morning). If you'd told me 13 years ago that I'd be off the booze/drugs (been off drugs/cigarettes since 2014) and be happy about it, I would not have believed you...

Congratulations
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2708
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
at least you are able to send unfriendly posts ( commenting on my polls !!!!!!!!!)Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 28, 2026 3:34 pm I’ve been chronically ill since 2014. First I discovered I had chronic ulcerative colitis in 2014 (no cure) then I started getting chronic head pain in 2020. That turned out to be due to nerve compression. Pain (manifests in my head/neck) is 10 out of 10 and I was misdiagnosed in England for 6 years. I hardly slept for 5 years and cried many times due to pain. At times I wanted to die to stop the pain!
It was discovered that my pain is due to 3 damaged vertebrae (C5, C6 and C7) diagnosed here in Canada by a private chiropractor I am seeing (not cheap as I have no health insurance). Vertebrae 21-22 are also damaged but being corrected!
6 days ago out of the blue I had a heart attack at work. Good job really as my coronary arteries are blocked. I’m having a triple bypass on Wednesday 4th March. At least it’s not cancer eh!
My life has actually frikkin sucked. I was abused as a child, my family (elders) were cuntz and didn’t give a fk. I suffered from severe depression (suicidal for many years) up until around 2013. My life has actually been really sad up until I met my now wife in 2008.
She is a gift from God and she has supported me through all of this pain. I have bouts of sadness now and again but I am optimistic for the future! I have my faith, I have my wife, I have my dog (a very good senior boi) and I have a new life in Canada so all is good
Onlyknows how and why I made it this far! Much love
![]()
Hope your life/health gets better - i mean that
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
- billysboots
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
- Location: N.Ireland
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14653
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: The Health Thread.
I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- wilsdenwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 1478
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am
Re: The Health Thread.
Sorry to hear that Hector and I hope she makes a good recovery. I've been in A&E twice recently and the wait between triage and seeing a doctor was completely soul destroying. You wonder if there are any doctors actually working there. So much goes through your mind, most of it frustration and anger.hector wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 2:05 pm I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9751
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: The Health Thread.
That’s shocking Hec, hopefully she’ll make a quick recovery & start feeling a lot better soon. Pass on Mr & Mrs Cussie’s best wisheshector wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 2:05 pm I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155396
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: The Health Thread.
Sorry to read this news, you & Mrs H has had a tough year.hector wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 2:05 pm I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
Same old stories in our hospitals around the UK.....Jill had a similar time-frame waiting in agony in severe pain for her diagnosis of a perforated appendicitis four years ago
What a mess!
Hope Mrs H is feeling less pain & much better!-
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20763
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: The Health Thread.
Gosh heccy....I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs heccyhector wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 2:05 pm I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
Please convey to her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11786
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
All the best to you, and your good lady, Mr Hec.hector wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 2:05 pm I'm just back from visiting Mrs H in Winchester hospital
She has been in pain for years, wears constant morphine patches 24/7.... Well last week the pain was getting even worse, to the point on thursday when I called an ambulance for her..
We got to A&E about 7pm and sat on hard uncomfortable seats until about 2am friday when a doctor finally decided it was her turn... Promptly sent her for a CT scan...... by 8am friday she was in the operating theatre having surgery for a blocked and perforated bowl.
As for me... 12 months since my heart attack and 7 stents inserted.... still alive....
They haven’t messed about once they diagnosed what was wrong with Mrs Hec.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6766
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: The Health Thread.
Really sorry to hear about your good lady Hec, here's wishing her improved health and a speedy recovery going forward.
- wilsdenwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 1478
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am
Re: The Health Thread.
Where did it all go so very wrong?
I think the doctor's, when you eventually get to see one through A&E know only too well how long you have had to wait and the 'I'm shocked, I'm sorry you had to wait that long' is the default message they will give you. I don't blame them in the slightest tbf. But that doesn't help when you have reached boiling point during the previous hours. We have a board that displays your likely waiting time and when you glance at that on your way in you just want to scream. I've entered triage over the years with about 10 people in it before me and at other times about 50. The waiting time to eventually seeing the doctor remained the same. 9/10 hours.
It is almost as if, if you are not at death's door when you arrive, you have no choice but to prepare yourself for an agonizing wait.
I think the doctor's, when you eventually get to see one through A&E know only too well how long you have had to wait and the 'I'm shocked, I'm sorry you had to wait that long' is the default message they will give you. I don't blame them in the slightest tbf. But that doesn't help when you have reached boiling point during the previous hours. We have a board that displays your likely waiting time and when you glance at that on your way in you just want to scream. I've entered triage over the years with about 10 people in it before me and at other times about 50. The waiting time to eventually seeing the doctor remained the same. 9/10 hours.
It is almost as if, if you are not at death's door when you arrive, you have no choice but to prepare yourself for an agonizing wait.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20763
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: The Health Thread.
Annoying thing for me though we when I was there with Mr Swan. (He got up Sunday am OK and by 8.00pm was paralysed from the waist down apart from his feet and toes.) He wanted to walk in with the aid of me and our neighbour to show reception how bad he was. Credit to the reception team, they got us into triage straight away due to the state of him but the triage nurse looked at him, poked his legs (which were completely numb) and said to him "well you've walked in so you can walk out". She then got him a wheelchair, plonked him in it where he sat for 7 hours by which time he had lost all feeling in his feet and lastly his toes. Her actions could have meant he might never have walked again. As it was, it took him weeks with a frame and then a stick to be able to walk again.wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 3:28 pm Where did it all go so very wrong?
I think the doctor's, when you eventually get to see one through A&E know only too well how long you have had to wait and the 'I'm shocked, I'm sorry you had to wait that long' is the default message they will give you. I don't blame them in the slightest tbf. But that doesn't help when you have reached boiling point during the previous hours. We have a board that displays your likely waiting time and when you glance at that on your way in you just want to scream. I've entered triage over the years with about 10 people in it before me and at other times about 50. The waiting time to eventually seeing the doctor remained the same. 9/10 hours.
It is almost as if, if you are not at death's door when you arrive, you have no choice but to prepare yourself for an agonizing wait.