Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Jul 31, 2026 10:02 am
Tarik was the standout.
Nice to see Tanaka looking better.
Stach was decent when he came on.
Very disjointed in attack I felt, still too much ploddyball and rather than playing the forward pass turning back and going back.
Hopefully see an improvement vs Liverpool.
We desperately need more creativity as we did last season.
Understandable considering 3 of our top goalscoring contributors from last season didn't play. DCL, Okafor, and assist leader Aaronson. Wilson, Gnonto, and James did create a couple chances though. And of course Nmecha somehow trickled one into the corner.
But I agree we need a creative attacker. And right now, I don't have much confidence that we'll get the Brandt deal over the line.
BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Fri Jul 31, 2026 8:04 pm
Understandable considering 3 of our top goalscoring contributors from last season didn't play. DCL, Okafor, and assist leader Aaronson. Wilson, Gnonto, and James did create a couple chances though. And of course Nmecha somehow trickled one into the corner.
But I agree we need a creative attacker. And right now, I don't have much confidence that we'll get the Brandt deal over the line.
We weren't particularly sparkling in open play last season anyway.
Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Jul 31, 2026 8:51 pm
We weren't particularly sparkling in open play last season anyway.
We needed creativity regardless.
Brandt has sodded us off
Look on the bright side, we dodged a bullet. Brandt clearly lacks ambition! If he had any he could have signed for us, or he even could have pursued a big money move to MLS where I'm sure there would have been plenty of suiters. And Continental football. But instead he chose Ajax. Where he will coast through league play, yet still have a few European nights to get up for.
Calvert-Lewin & Okafor would make a huge difference as an attacking threat in these friendlies, as opposed to our championship three up top last night.
1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jul 31, 2026 9:38 pm
Calvert-Lewin & Okafor would make a huge difference as an attacking threat in these friendlies, as opposed to our championship three up top last night.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 01, 2026 3:09 pm
Imagine having almost 2 months to get fit for a new season but when you're needed: you are injured? Doesn't sit well with me tbh...
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sat Aug 01, 2026 4:07 pm
So you think its wrong to get injured
And the stupid question of the day award goes to? I did not say 'anything' like that. I was meaning it's just typical of our main striker to have 6-7 weeks to make sure he is fit for pre-season and he isn't! Of course injuries happen but... Oh forget it...
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Sun Aug 02, 2026 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 01, 2026 3:09 pm
Imagine having almost 2 months to get fit for a new season but when you're needed: you are injured? Doesn't sit well with me tbh...
Happens though doesn't it because you will begin to push yourself at pre-season training.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 01, 2026 4:44 pm
And the stupid question of the day award goes to? I did not say 'anything' like that. I was meaning it's just typical of our main striker to have 6-7 weeks to make sure he is fit for pre-sewason and he isn't! With his history, you'd have thought that he'd prepare properly. Of course injuries happen but... Oh forget it...