Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41738
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:54 pm Just stick him on ignore, I have a few on ignore (though not sean) which improves the forum no end...
Doesn't stop him quoting me and following me around.

He could block me but he won't.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7079
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by DDB220 »

I also have a few blocks on posters - I tried to only read content when I am logged on otherwise it doesn’t work. However, other people quoting said persons posts means it is somewhat pointless tbh.

Guff whatever the source is pretty much unavoidable.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:46 pm Can't you just f**k off?

The same sarcastic, draining, look how smart and funny I am waffle.

Grow up, like a 70 year old man following me around making sarcastic crappy posts all the time

Really odd behaviour

I don't like you, you don't like me.

Let's just ignore eachother.

You won't because you are weirdly obsessed
I'm not weirdly obsessed, your weirdly obsessed.

It is interesting that if I post a message that on face value agrees with your sentiments, you recognise something in it that is obnoxious.

It is almost as though you recognise something of yourself that you don't like.

Silence Gives Consent (Latin: Qui tacet consentit)
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:00 pm Doesn't stop him quoting me and following me around.

He could block me but he won't.
That's true, but someone needs to quote that quote for you to see it
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41738
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:13 pm I'm not weirdly obsessed, your weirdly obsessed.

It is interesting that if I post a message that on face value agrees with your sentiments, you recognise something in it that is obnoxious.

It is almost as though you recognise something of yourself that you don't like.
Okie dokie.

Just block me problem solved.

You don't have to read my posts I don't have to read yours.

And then you don't need to try and rush in those Latin quotes for effect.

Edit- on ignore, your turn.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:54 pm Just stick him on ignore, I have a few on ignore (though not sean) which improves the forum no end...
Yeah, I always used to just have the one knobhead on ignore, but I've got a gaggle of them now, and don't need to read their drivel 😂
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Rook »

I've never felt the need to block anybody on here.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41738
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:14 pm That's true, but someone needs to quote that quote for you to see it
True.

Just seems childish, in real life you just choose not interacting with people you haven't any interest in.

Went years without blocking anyone till Kenneth.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 1:56 pm Were we the only team to get caught out with the loan - must buy deal.
JKA wasn’t it or were there others?
Piroe is supposedly must buy but there's the if promoted proviso. There have been others for other clubs, think it's just JKA for us.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Aug 27, 2026 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19703
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by weasel »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:19 pm I've never felt the need to block anybody on here.
Yeah me neither. Simply don't respond if you think someone is an ar$e. Whole point of a forum is different opinions, different personalities. If people are offended by what someone writes then don't go a forum.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19703
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:28 pm Piroe is supposedly must buy but there's the if promoted provisio. There have been others for other clubs, think it's just JKA for us.
JKA was an obligation to buy. In that case a contract is agreed with the player whereby there is no way out for any party. We had that with Helder Costa too and possibly wouldn't have signed him if we had an option rather than obligation.

Option to buy is a bit trickier. It is usually just the fee that is set rather than a full agreement with the player. As such despite the club having an option it doesn't mean that the player can't refuse (it is only the selling club that can't refuse). We saw this with Willem Korsten who came on loan to us and although we had an option to buy he decided to go to Spurs instead.

In theory the obligation to buy can be a good route to go down but with certain conditions attached. Last year we saw with Harvey Elliott that Villa signed him on loan with an obligation to buy once he'd made a certain amount of appearances. Villa changed their mind and simply stopped playing him before he reached the threshold.

A lot really depends in the actual contract drawn up in the scenarios - i.e. can the option to buy be made watertight whereby the fee and a contract with the player is signed and it is then simply up to the buying club to complete the deal. How does that work though if the player has been unhappy at the club? Would he simply have to accept the transfer as he'd signed a pre-contract?
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Sean_Nile »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:17 pm
And then you don't need to try and rush in those Latin quotes for effect.

Edit- on ignore, your turn.
if I were a jihadist I might have said

Hadith 34
Forbidding evil with hand speech and heart.

Or if I lent towards the philosopher John Stuart mills... "Bad men need nothing more... than that good men should look on and do nothing"

You don't get a free pass from me. If I disagree with what you say or how you say it I will not let it go unopposed.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Barlow Boy »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:19 pm I've never felt the need to block anybody on here.
Me neither, although I did come close towards the end of the World Cup.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:21 pm True.

Just seems childish, in real life you just choose not interacting with people you haven't any interest in.

Went years without blocking anyone till Kenneth.
Exactly, and a forums version of this is blocking.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155345
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 10:39 am It is but equally we would know what position we needed to strengthen and be in a position to do it. So rather than say spending £30m on 3 back-ups at £10m each now we go with what we have and then if say DCL is out for the season we have £30m left to target getting a striker.

At present we have a nearly injury free squad. Gruev is nearly back but there is no rush to get him involved until he is completely ready. Same story with Gnonto who can be eases back but then gives us additional cover as a winger/support striker and fullback (and he has also played as a striker but might be a tricky one going from DCL's height to Gnonto's). We will also have GG back at some point.

For me really the only concern is the back-up keeper situation but it does seem like we will keep Perri unless we get a decent alternative - and the club seems happy to spend a reasonable amount (if the £5m rumours were true) so we should be able to get someone.
I still think we need to cover Calvert-Lewin, we are currently operating on two strikers.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155345
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:07 pm I also have a few blocks on posters - I tried to only read content when I am logged on otherwise it doesn’t work. However, other people quoting said persons posts means it is somewhat pointless tbh.

Guff whatever the source is pretty much unavoidable.
I wonder if I can block Hector. :lol:

I've never blocked anyone before!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14652
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:43 pm I wonder if I can block Hector. :lol:

I've never blocked anyone before!
No you bloody can't..... :P

I is a mod and unblockable :mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155345
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:17 pm Me neither, although I did come close towards the end of the World Cup.
Enlighten me at the Newcastle game. :-D
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:43 pm I wonder if I can block Hector. :lol:

I've never blocked anyone before!
You can't block a mod ....which was real problem when Becchio Bear was a mod
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14652
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:48 pm You can't block a mod ....which was real problem when Becchio Bear was a mod
I didn't know you didn't get on with BB...
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply