HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Twiggster »

I have just been made aware of THIS website.

I had no idea that a countrys wounded and disabled in action military heroes needed sponsorship to help them? :shock:
A sorry state of affairs, that the British govt. prefers to waste money on dole bludging scum instead of boys and girls fighting FOR that country, who need that support after being sent home injured in the line of duty.
Damn DISGRACE.

I'm sure many of us have friends and relatives in the Allied forces in Afghanistan and Iraq. I have..and I know a few posters on this forum who have seen comrades injured and even killed in action in the armed forces, who I'm sure will support my posting this thread.

There is nothing political about this thread - just the fact that a prisoner in a British gaol can now get more compensation (for trivialities) than a British soldier/airman/navy person injured in action for his/her country can, SICKENS me.

Up to YOU, if you want to contribute. I just wanted to give this organisation some publicity.







alf
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:52 am
Location: Norfolk

Re: For injured serviceman and women.

Post by alf »

There was a programme on Tv the other day about the Gurkas.

They could have seved in the British Army for 25 years but if they retired before 1997 ? they could not settle in the uk.

But some scummy toerag who has no intention of working gets money chucked at them.
User avatar
billy1000
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire UK
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by billy1000 »

Watched the match on TV. Not a very well pulicised event though was it.
We may be down but never out. Leeds forever.
ArmleyWhite

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by ArmleyWhite »

Such a shame that British service personel are in this prediciment, thanks to the gutless actions of a politician that is unable to stand on his own and not be stuck in the ass crack of the nasty little texan s**t!!!! The sooner the lads and lasses of the British Army are brought back home the better.
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Darlington, North Yorkshire England

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Tiny »

hi all
Im a Serving member of the armed forces and yes it is s**t that we dont get much from the goverment.I Donate an amount of my wages to the service members every month to help those who have been injured in Op Tours,Wars in the past and the ongoing wars that we are currently on.

I have been to several conflicts during my time in the HMForces and i would dare say that i will be going again in the near future. I also was injured during a Op Tour and recieved nothing from the goverment so i now need to wait until i leave the Army to apply for compensation for what happend to me. If it was not for my wife i dont know were i would be today (God Bless Her for the Support), anyway please if you can donate a little to the charity it would be great.

Also after been out of the UK for so many years we have been back for just under 1 year. Now there was a patition by the local community to try and get UK Service men and women moved from an area were we have been housed. I can not believe this was happening to our Armed forces and to us UK Citizens. I wounder sometimes is it worth the arguement just because we do what we are told to do. How would you feel when you walk down the street and some stranger Spits at you for the job you do,i think i could go on and on about other reaction we get as Service personel.

Many Thanks for taking the time to read my little bit.


Tiny
Leeds fan to the day i Die :)
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Twiggster »

Tiny, mate - firstly GREAT to have you back posting again! 8-)

However the content of your post is very disturbing...
When I first read of this Help for Heroes organisation, I could not believe our brave lads and lasses in the armed forces could be treated so shabbily by the very govt. that sent them on active service in the first bloody place!
However, as this forum is non political, I was dubious about the reaction I'd get when I posted the link above.
Now you have said your piece, Tiny...I'm fekkin glad I DID!

I am truly lost for words at what you posted above mate...I simply can't get my head around the way our brave lads and lasses in the forces are treated by their country AND it seems, its citizens :shock: ...a truly disgusting state of affairs, in my opinion.

I have no idea if this apparent national callousness is just a British thing? I have no idea how the Danish military are treated here - I will try and find out.
Perhaps our USA and other MOT members whose countries have military personel on active service in Iraq or Afghanistan could let us know how their armed forces are treated by their governments and the general public...and how the disabled in action are treated by their governments?

I have never been in the armed forces, though I was born into a military family - but I have good friends who have seen frontline action, including a couple of posters on here and know many Leeds fans on the Leeds forums who have sons and daughters on active service.

But anyway Tiny - for what it's worth - just know you have friends and RESPECT on here, pal!




Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:25 am
Location: Darlington, North Yorkshire England

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Tiny »

Many thanks Twiggs

I didnt mean to get political but its they way things are,anyway if anyone wants to chat to me about this situation by all means PM me.

Tiny
User avatar
philarmy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:38 am
Twitter: @leedsbarber
Location: Pudsey
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by philarmy »

I've been 'away' a few times and I'm due to go 'away' again this year. I was truly amazed at the level of support the Americans have from their communities back home while they are away and also from their govt. I won't go into too much detail but but it really makes you feel unappreciated when you see how differently they are treated. Still, I don't like to moan about it too much...it just wouldn't be very British to do that, would it?
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
User avatar
philarmy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:38 am
Twitter: @leedsbarber
Location: Pudsey
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by philarmy »

Just realised, it says the last post is my first but I am sure I have posted on here several times in the past. i was already registered. Could it be because old posts have been weeded?
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by LUFCRACE »

philarmy wrote:Just realised, it says the last post is my first but I am sure I have posted on here several times in the past. i was already registered. Could it be because old posts have been weeded?
we swapped servers (or something equally techinical) a year or so ago, and a lot of posts were lost in the process.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Twiggster »

philarmy wrote:I've been 'away' a few times and I'm due to go 'away' again this year. I was truly amazed at the level of support the Americans have from their communities back home while they are away and also from their govt. I won't go into too much detail but but it really makes you feel unappreciated when you see how differently they are treated. Still, I don't like to moan about it too much...it just wouldn't be very British to do that, would it?
Phil - from stuff I've read around various Leeds forums and from when I was back in Leeds last month and chatting to random people in pubs... you lads and lasses still have the support of the majority of British people.
That the fekkin government could do more for you is another matter...totally pisses me off that this thread has to be here because your government treats you so badly, whilst letting in "hospital tourists" from other countrys to get free medical help. :evil:

Phil - please enjoy your leave and being with your family...I'm sure all this forum will wish you to be safe when you return to active duty again. I know I do.
Just know that you and your comrades are in our thoughts - and as my signature on here says...ON ON ON!

Please keep in touch on here when you can mate! :scarf2:

User avatar
philarmy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:38 am
Twitter: @leedsbarber
Location: Pudsey
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by philarmy »

Cheers Twiggs. I think the public have shown their support a lot more over the last year or two, mostly thanks to excellent media coverage by the likes of The Sun newspaper and Ross Kemp. As you say, the Govt have a lot of wrongs to right.
Stick a fork in me, I'm done!
ArmleyWhite

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by ArmleyWhite »

Head and arse down Phill. Stay safe mate.

With regard to your comments about the Sun, thats the ONLY reasons I ever had a liking for the Sun, the fact it treated soldiers with respect, unlike other rags. Kemps series in Afghansitan was fantastic, although I would have kicked that soldiers arse good and propper for announcing splash AFTER the bleeding artillery round had hit. :lol:
LUFC1
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by LUFC1 »

I can not agree more with most of the posters here. I am new to MOT. I served in the US Armed Forces
in the First Gulf War. I still have many friends on active duty and it is the same here as it is in the UK.
Our servicemen are being treated like criminals and outcasts. They have to fight to get their benefits,
medical treatment and are often forgotten. I am saddened that it is the same way in the UK. I studied
Law in the UK and I had several students from the middle east in my classroom and once they discovered
that I was from the US they just avoided me and even sent threatening e-mails. I was a guest in the UK
and conducted myself accordingly but they are guest as well and did not respect British rules at all.
Nothing political just an outline how British servicemen fight so that these people can come into the
Western world and act like they own it. I hope these wars come to an end soon. A salute to all US
and UK servicemen.
LUFC1
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by LUFC1 »

Twiggster it is pretty much the same here in the US. The military tries to deny as many benefits as they can.
It's called not to open the flood gates. A friend of mine is in the Army and he was blown up twice in Iraq. He
survived but his fellow comrades did not. He is psychological wreck and he was asking to get a medical discharge.
the Army gave him hell on earth treating him like a deserter and gave him crap duties. Now he finally got assistance
from a JAG Corps Captain/Lawyer and he won his appeal. The Army finally recognised that he has PTSD and awarded
him 30% disability and he can serve out his time until Feb. 2010 without being deployed again. We also have a very high
number of suicides according to my friend which the Army covers up as accidential death. Sad we ask our service members
to give some and some gave their all only to be treated like that. I am glad I got out in time.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Twiggster »

I thought it was time to post on this again, as it's Remembrance Day next week.

PLEASE buy a poppy, or donate to Help for Heroes....

Image


LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

Post by LUFCRACE »

bought my poppy on friday, have to say it's getting harder and harder to find shops where they are selling them. actually heard on the news the other day that one supermarket had refused to let a guy sell his poppies there - absolute disgrace. :evil:

i don't know if it works abroad, but certainly in the UK (may be worth checking out http://www.poppy.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) if you text POPPY to 70222 a £1.50 donation will be made towards the appeal
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
ArmleyWhite

Re: HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

Post by ArmleyWhite »

Shed loads of shops selling poppies this year. Although I did lose it big style with a WHSMith in Brid t'other day.

Walked in for a bottle of pop for Sam and saw that the poppy tray on the floor behind a display. Paid for my pop and mentioned the tray on the floor out of sight, to which this spotty youth declared, "no need to be arsey mate, no one want em anyway"

Didn't argue with the tit, but demande to see the manager. He came out, and I pulled him to one side and explained that the total lack of respect for the service personnel and being ex military found the attitude of the staff a little irriatating, to say the least. Manager tried to explain the lack of space, which was an issue, but immediately apologised and moved the tray to the shelf nearest the till. As I was leaving I saw him walking to the back of the shop with the spotty individual in tow, head slumped.

Just a matter of education is all it appears for a lot of kids. Hopefully that attitude was one of a minority.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: HELP FOR HEROES For injured servicemen and women.

Post by LUFCRACE »

ArmleyWhite wrote:Shed loads of shops selling poppies this year. Although I did lose it big style with a WHSMith in Brid t'other day.
well i'm glad you can find 'em, i couldn't find any while walking round wakefield last week, and only saw them in sainsburys in the white rose at the weekend.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
Gopher
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Colchester Essex
Contact:

Re: For injured servicemen and women.

Post by Gopher »

LUFCRACE wrote: we swapped servers (or something equally techinical) a year or so ago, and a lot of posts were lost in the process.

I`m short of about 6500 posts. But I blame Armley.



I have the wristband, sweatshirt, stickers on the van, tax disc holder, you get the pic. So does my girlfriend, her nephew is in the forces in Germany at the moment but could go to Afghanistan at anytime. It is a bloody shame that the servicemen, and women have to have outside help for medical expenses after they arrive back in Blighty. Not many politicians sons or daughters are on the front line though eh. :evil:
This government should either, let them do what they have to do and stop fannying about or just pull them all out NOW.

Politicians, meh! lying bastards every one of them. The only honest politician is a dead one.
Image

Armley is a thievin` chav git. And maybe a poof.
Post Reply