Heard that Somma will play upfront with Becchio v Millwall as we revert back to a 4-4-2 formation. Grayson really rates Somma & thinks he is ready for the challenge
Phil Hays words apparently
I personally will be surprised if Somma starts tomorrow
I wouldn't be surprised to see somma start at all. It was only once we reverted to 4-4-2 against forest that we started to get a foothold in the game. I think millwall will be similar, in that they will be well organised and close down quickly like forest did. Therefore wouldn't be surprised to see johnson or howson dropped and somma up front. Would be surprised however if he got a full 90minutes!! So perhaps he may start on the bench, who knows...well simon grayson i hope!
Have any of you seen Somma play? I've never had the chance. Hence, the question.
Would he be a like for like replacement for JB? Or is he a more physical 'Viduka-ish' striker? He did well for Lincoln last season, and had a good pre-season too. Whether he starts on the bench, or on the pitch, I hope he gets a goal tomorrow so that it gives SG even more to think about. If he can have a breakthrough season for us, it would go a long way in alleviating our fears of the side being a little light in terms of attacking options.