Fantastic travelling support
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Fantastic travelling support
On Saturday the coach park was crammed with coaches from afar as is the case most matchdays
I noticed 50 seater coaches from Hampshire, Barrow, Maryport (Cumbria),
Scarboro take a 70 seater double decker & we take a full coach from Bridlington/Driffield every game
There were many other big coaches too
Also plenty of mini-coaches from Shropshire, Essex, Wales & many others
Love to know the proportion of travelling fans as many also travel by car & train
Remember these fans have to find monies for travelling, refreshments & set off much earlier than the local Leeds folk
Shame on those supposed Leeds fans who live locally & have the means financially who are in a position to support the Mighty Whites
Our average attendances would be poor without the out of towners support, would be similar to evening cup games i suspect
I noticed 50 seater coaches from Hampshire, Barrow, Maryport (Cumbria),
Scarboro take a 70 seater double decker & we take a full coach from Bridlington/Driffield every game
There were many other big coaches too
Also plenty of mini-coaches from Shropshire, Essex, Wales & many others
Love to know the proportion of travelling fans as many also travel by car & train
Remember these fans have to find monies for travelling, refreshments & set off much earlier than the local Leeds folk
Shame on those supposed Leeds fans who live locally & have the means financially who are in a position to support the Mighty Whites
Our average attendances would be poor without the out of towners support, would be similar to evening cup games i suspect
- LUFCkent
- Ballboy

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
We - Kent Whites - went on Saturday in a 50-seater coach (parked in Magic Sponge car park) and I saw quite a few cars on the A1 travelling north with Leeds scarfs and shields in the rear windows.
I wonder how many other clubs have the regional support LUFC enjoy?
I wonder how many other clubs have the regional support LUFC enjoy?
-
white.riot
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Always makes me laugh this topic. Personally I don't mind where LUFC fans come from - the more the merrier - but what appears to be a badge of honour for us [huge out of town support] is used to mock MUFC. I smell a rat.
From memory the Scousers win the most fans outside the 12 mile exclusion zone award.
From memory the Scousers win the most fans outside the 12 mile exclusion zone award.
- fileywhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:59 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
I usually come over by train- early enough to get a few pints and some food before the match -and after
FAO- Owners, Managers and Players; you come and go WE are LEEDS
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Brilliant from you Kent lads & lassiesLUFCkent wrote:We - Kent Whites - went on Saturday in a 50-seater coach (parked in Magic Sponge car park) and I saw quite a few cars on the A1 travelling north with Leeds scarfs and shields in the rear windows.
I wonder how many other clubs have the regional support LUFC enjoy?
How many coaches park up in the Magic Sponge btw
I used to do similar 600+ all round trips when i was living in the South East for numerous years, some very long days & nights but very rewarding in the 90's, not so good in the 80's but that's Leeds United, ups & downs
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Just fantastic support from all our travellers mate as you know yourselfwhite.riot wrote:Always makes me laugh this topic. Personally I don't mind where LUFC fans come from - the more the merrier - but what appears to be a badge of honour for us [huge out of town support] is used to mock MUFC. I smell a rat.
From memory the Scousers win the most fans outside the 12 mile exclusion zone award.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Have you ever travelled with Whitby or Scarboro Whites Fileyfileywhite wrote:I usually come over by train- early enough to get a few pints and some food before the match -and after
- fileywhite
- Youth Team

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:59 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Yes a few seasons ago - but it cuts down the beer time- plus point it does mean you miss out on the pleasure of the ER bus queue1964white wrote: Have you ever travelled with Whitby or Scarboro Whites Filey
FAO- Owners, Managers and Players; you come and go WE are LEEDS
-
wakey^white
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
i travel the huge 12 mile round trip from wakefield
- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Yes there is lots of support from all over but I wont be making an effort again after this Cardiff fiasco!
It will be my last trip to Leeds so I will make the most of the sights!
It will be my last trip to Leeds so I will make the most of the sights!

- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
In the West for a game last season. Sat in between a Welsh couple, and a guy from Berkshire. Both had travelled to the game.
Just ridiculous. Don't know how they do it if we lose. Making the short trip back from Barnsley the other week killed me.
Edit: As I was on the bus back into Leeds on Saturday, I noticed a large coach about to get on the motorway. Full of Leeds fans. Big flag in the back (back and white Union Jack) but didn't see the name on the flag.
Just ridiculous. Don't know how they do it if we lose. Making the short trip back from Barnsley the other week killed me.
Edit: As I was on the bus back into Leeds on Saturday, I noticed a large coach about to get on the motorway. Full of Leeds fans. Big flag in the back (back and white Union Jack) but didn't see the name on the flag.
- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Same. We're the true heroes :mrgreen:wakey^white wrote:i travel the huge 12 mile round trip from wakefield
I once went on a site that showed the distance from your house to any stadiums. I was about 0.2 km closer to Oakwell, so technically, they're my local club
- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Ive written to Sky Sports asking for them to pay for my train tickets!
If I get an answer I will be amazed,,as no one else bothers to answer me either!
If I get an answer I will be amazed,,as no one else bothers to answer me either!

-
wakey^white
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
aye telepres all these out of towners are just wannabes
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Please someone post a reply to the Essex girl to calm the poor lass down :mrgreen:
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Born & bred in Leeds wakeywakey^white wrote:aye telepres all these out of towners are just wannabes
-
wakey^white
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Re: Fantastic travelling support
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS
-
ArmleyWhite
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Oh great, another I travel furthest so Im the best type of thread!
- Sniffer72
- Youth Team

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm
- Location: Yorkshire Exile living in Lancashire
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Armley, you're turning into an old cynic. I think '64 was saying a) Its amazing the commitment of out of town fans and b) there are a lot of local Leeds fans who don't attend even though not as much commitment is needed.ArmleyWhite wrote:Oh great, another I travel furthest so Im the best type of thread!
I'm sure you agree with a) and b). The conclusion from this is that if the non / rarely attending locals showed as much commitment as out of towners then we'd have much more solid support. This in no way says that the greater commitment (and expense) of travelling makes you a better fan than attending as a local.
If someone is lucky enough to have less hassle and cost in watching Leeds thats great. Their loyalty can't be tested - but you can carry out and imaginary test, if you had to journey from Armley to Filey to watch every match would you do it? If yes, you are just as committed as the out of towners, if no, they have a fair case to say they are more committed.
-
ArmleyWhite
Re: Fantastic travelling support
Aye, I might be getting too cynical in my older age! Apologies if I have misread the initial post. I doubt the majority of fans at ER, on any given day is an out of towner. I applaud anyone who travels any distance to see LUFC, but still think they make up the minority on a match day!
What is the average gate of people who live OUTSIDE the area of Leeds? Do we know how many members there are that live outside Leeds and what is the proportion that travel to games regularly? How many Leeds fans live in Leeds that can't go for a myriad of reasons? I live within walking distance, but don't go each week. My job is a damn site more important. There must be hundreds in the same boat.
I've seen these sort of posts on waccoe time and time again and it ALWAYS amounts to the same thing!
What is the average gate of people who live OUTSIDE the area of Leeds? Do we know how many members there are that live outside Leeds and what is the proportion that travel to games regularly? How many Leeds fans live in Leeds that can't go for a myriad of reasons? I live within walking distance, but don't go each week. My job is a damn site more important. There must be hundreds in the same boat.
I've seen these sort of posts on waccoe time and time again and it ALWAYS amounts to the same thing!