white.riot wrote:If the only beer in the world was lager I would jump on the wagon with immediate effect.
I have had many many fine pints of ale and hope to have many more. The combination of ale quality, atmosphere and great memories makes the best pint(s) I ever had Tetley's Bitter [to be fair it always is] in The Gaping Goose, Garforth back in the day when the place was still full of miners and their families and me and the Mrs were first walking out together. Tetley's is the king of beers. Please look me up in The Palace most Saturday's after the game where I binge drink waiting for my Mrs to stop shopping until dropping before heading home to the county Palatine.
Honourable mention to my favourite pub - Whitelocks. When Mr Younger owned the place a pint of No. 3 was an unbelievable experience. Still a great pub - I celebrated promotion in there [from memory] - but the Ale is not No. 3 anymore.
Also try The Angel - Old Brewery Bitter at £1.50 is 10 star plus. A gothic pleasure The Angel.
Thought this thread would be up your street
Yes lager is a boy's drink, the stuff Ken serves up as beer is not too clever as well
Kepler wrote:At charlys pub in copenhagen. And it was an Old Speckled Hen
An amazing selection of English wicket pulled beer in Charlie's, Kep - but bloody expensive! The Black Sheep Rigwelter disappointed...it doesn't travel well, apparently. However, the Marsdens and especially the Ruddles County are superb! Not seen any Spekky Hen in there when I've been in, but they do have a feature beer that changes regularly.
Twiggster wrote:
A B&C tastes the same everywhere in thwe world, Tina! The reason yours tasted so good in the Whistle, is cos Armley and Pikey were buying you doubles!
I dunno what it was but you can ask Pat,,I kept saying these bacardi and cokes are brill!
essexwhite wrote:The best Bacardi and cokes are in the Whistlestop in Leeds!
No Tina look up an off licence that sells Havana Club preferably 3 years old, only about a £1.50 difference between 3 year old and Bianco which is not aged.
Blows Bacardi out of the water !
Couple of fingers of Havana,some ice,fresh lime quarter and a dash of coke.
Heaven.
Ards wrote:
No Tina look up an off licence that sells Havana Club preferably 3 years old, only about a £1.50 difference between 3 year old and Bianco which is not aged.
Blows Bacardi out of the water !
Couple of fingers of Havana,some ice,fresh lime quarter and a dash of coke.
Heaven.
Dont touch Havana unless its the 7, Appleton and Gosling are good as well though.
essexwhite wrote:
I dunno what it was but you can ask Pat,,I kept saying these bacardi and cokes are brill!
The Magic Sponge ones are dreadful!
Think it is probably to do with the coke. Whistlestop probably usues coke whilst the Sponges has pepsi. Coke is much better Anyway I don't think I was drinking in the sponge cos I'd just got up as I had been on nights