SIMON GRAYSON

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

SIMON GRAYSON

Post by joelufc20 »

IM GOING TO EAT MY WORDS AGAIN. So glad he has turned it around. i like the bloke i always have done and now we are 8 games unbeaten which has put a smile on my face.

MOT
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: SIMON GRAYSON

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Fourth in the league, scored the second highest number of goals in the division, certainly on a good run. Still worry about that defence though.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

yeah not impressed with bruce collins in middle
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
matt leeds
First Team
First Team

Post by matt leeds »

I believe in Larry.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
LUFCMAD1991
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCMAD1991 »

He's a leeds fan,
He's a f**king mean man,
he's simon grayson

:-D :-D

By mean i mean a proper attitude for a manager.
WE ALL LOVE LEEDS!!!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

I have NEVER doubted SG and have argued that on here this season.
I just wish he would remember he has RAMON NUNEZ in the squad and give him 10 mins on the pitch now and again? :duno:
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Shields53 wrote:Fourth in the league, scored the second highest number of goals in the division, certainly on a good run. Still worry about that defence though.
Having conceeded more goals than most this season, only 4 teams have conceeded more !!
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Is exceeding my expectations. O'Brien was a master stroke. Goals against is totally unacceptable though. Had we closed out the game 'v' Preston [for instance] we would be really in the mix. I suppose he, like many of his players, is still learning the ropes. I know he's been here before with Blackpool but it's hardly the same thing. LUFC eats managers and he has had to come to terms with that. Top marks Larry.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

white.riot wrote: Top marks Larry.
Just wish he'd "shut that door"
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Velotrax wrote: Just wish he'd "shut that door"
Bravo Sir. :clap2:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

white.riot wrote:Is exceeding my expectations. O'Brien was a master stroke. Goals against is totally unacceptable though. Had we closed out the game 'v' Preston [for instance] we would be really in the mix. I suppose he, like many of his players, is still learning the ropes. I know he's been here before with Blackpool but it's hardly the same thing. LUFC eats managers and he has had to come to terms with that. Top marks Larry.
It was also interesting to see that he was after O'Brien in the summer before he got injured rather than just a panic signing. presuming that Collins and Bruce were to some extents back up signings when O'Brien got injured at Bolton.
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Post by revieboy »

But we are in the mix. Look at the table!. Our goals against is more pre-O'Brien.

Think its crucial we strengthen with a centre back signing in January. We need backup of the quality of O'Brien.
cat in the hat
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by cat in the hat »

Lets hope he uses money that bates claims he has!! No more month long loanee's, not now. To important imo.
Im dyslexic, get over it!
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

No doubt about it, Grayson is the man to take us back to where we belong....
Defence is the only concern, albeit a big one. If he gets another CB in january of real quality, we could definately push for promotion....maybe even automatic promotion??? :shock:
We need to keep more clean sheets, because even since O'Brien joined, our defence hasnt been great. :arrow:
Grayson is King
LuFc MoT
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LuFc MoT »

Twiggster wrote:I have NEVER doubted SG and have argued that on here this season.
I just wish he would remember he has RAMON NUNEZ in the squad and give him 10 mins on the pitch now and again? :duno:
You do love Nunez dont you Twiggs! Do you know something we dont or is it just your hatred for Howson?
Tom Tom Tommity Tom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

JonTheBassist wrote:No doubt about it, Grayson is the man to take us back to where we belong....
Defence is the only concern, albeit a big one. If he gets another CB in january of real quality, we could definately push for promotion....maybe even automatic promotion??? :shock:
We need to keep more clean sheets, because even since O'Brien joined, our defence hasnt been great. :arrow:
Signing O'Brien is key in January for me, if he puts pen to paper I'll be happpy but agree another quality centre half would be nice. Be interesting to see what happens to the likes of Crowe and Bromby in January.
GlennLUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GlennLUFC »

Would love to see us get O'Brien & another loan centre half like Wilson from Liverpool or sign Hermann Hreidarsson from Portsmouth; always thought he was a good player. I think if we got any of those we would have a strong chance of going up.
Be just & fear not; Leeds United A.F.C.
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team

Post by JonTheBassist »

Shields53 wrote: Signing O'Brien is key in January for me, if he puts pen to paper I'll be happpy but agree another quality centre half would be nice. Be interesting to see what happens to the likes of Crowe and Bromby in January.
I think theyll end up on the transfer list Shields. Decent players, but surplus to requirements at ER now i feel...
Especially if we get more quality in, in January...
What a crazy season its been so far though :wink: loving it!!!
Grayson is King
MikeLUFC7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MikeLUFC7 »

Shields53 wrote:Fourth in the league, scored the second highest number of goals in the division, certainly on a good run. Still worry about that defence though.
Worrying indeed, 34 already this season and not halfway yet. However, as long as we can keep scoring more goals than we concede - i.e. the Kevin Keegan method - then we will be in for a shout at the end of the season.

Now I thought I'd take a look at the teams who conceded the most goals that went up to see if we'll end up beating that record :lol: and here's the results;

Automatic: West Brom/Stoke City 55 goals - 2007/8 season
Play offs: Crystal Palace 61 goals - 2003/4 season
Most goals conceded in a season by a play off team: Ipswich 72 goals - 2003/4 season

Only went back for the last decade but those are the stats for most goals conceded for promoted teams, and a team who still achieved a place in the play offs but didn't go up.

So far we've conceded 34 goals in 21 games. If we concede the same amount in the next 21 games that will put us on 68 goals conceded in 42 games. We could actually set a new record for the amount of goals conceded by a team who finishes in the top six if we continue to concede goals and play by the Kevin Keegan method, or by the Ipswich method of 2003/4 where they scored almost 90 goals. Not complaining, it's a very entertaining season and I'd rather us play open than overly defensive. But I guess what I'm saying is, despite our leaky defence, other teams have conceded large amounts of goals and gone up automatically and via the play offs.
scuudz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by scuudz »

Never complained about SG. Have always said he just needed time, and my posts have reflected that. I'm happy for him, the players and the fans. It will be a Merry Christmas, and lets hope we can push on in the new year too!