Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- LUFC_Madcap
- Youth Team

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 am
- Location: Luxembourg
Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I'm finally catching up after getting back to Seattle from my European vacation. I really want to give a big thanks to 1964White, DrLeeds, Drs.Dad, Revie-Era, and Bakke (Craig who hasn't posted on here for a while but is a good mate of mine) for the meet-ups while I was in Leeds. Sorry I couldn't make in to Denmark Twiggs... ended up stuck in Prague for a few extra days as I got sick for a few days on my travels.
Shame about the draws for the Watford and Reading matches but did finally get to see a win over Burnley. So many great memories... a few random highlights:
I sit down at a bench outside Graveleys Fish and Chips across from the south stand... and who do I sit next to but the guy who works for "Leeds Leeds Leeds" who I emailed back and forth with two years ago when gettin my photo I took with one of our Lotus Esprits outside of Leeds, Utah in the magazine. Totally random and a small world!
Was great to hang out with the MOT folks before the Watford match. Talk some football, talk some music, and soak in the atmosphere. Really made me feel welcome and shame it couldn't have been more time.
To the 4 year old or so little girl next to me in the north stand at the Watford match... watching you scream "Ooooo you sh*t ba***rd" next to your dad when the Watford keeper took a kid... Strong language for a little girl but you are being brought up right. Haha!
The views were better from the East (1st row, center line) and West (about 7 rows up right near the tunnel) stands where I was... but nothing beat the atmosphere in the Kop.
I did cry walking up to Elland Road the first time... 10 years of waiting to be there and when I got there it just hit me.
I firmly believe there is no greater support in the world... and it made a big impact on me. I've followed Leeds for a while but now I feel that I am Leeds truly through and through.
Everybody has a list of things they want to do in life... I have been lucky to cross off the #1 thing... "See Leeds United play at Elland Road".
Now, to be back next year if all goes well!
- Eric
Shame about the draws for the Watford and Reading matches but did finally get to see a win over Burnley. So many great memories... a few random highlights:
I sit down at a bench outside Graveleys Fish and Chips across from the south stand... and who do I sit next to but the guy who works for "Leeds Leeds Leeds" who I emailed back and forth with two years ago when gettin my photo I took with one of our Lotus Esprits outside of Leeds, Utah in the magazine. Totally random and a small world!
Was great to hang out with the MOT folks before the Watford match. Talk some football, talk some music, and soak in the atmosphere. Really made me feel welcome and shame it couldn't have been more time.
To the 4 year old or so little girl next to me in the north stand at the Watford match... watching you scream "Ooooo you sh*t ba***rd" next to your dad when the Watford keeper took a kid... Strong language for a little girl but you are being brought up right. Haha!
The views were better from the East (1st row, center line) and West (about 7 rows up right near the tunnel) stands where I was... but nothing beat the atmosphere in the Kop.
I did cry walking up to Elland Road the first time... 10 years of waiting to be there and when I got there it just hit me.
I firmly believe there is no greater support in the world... and it made a big impact on me. I've followed Leeds for a while but now I feel that I am Leeds truly through and through.
Everybody has a list of things they want to do in life... I have been lucky to cross off the #1 thing... "See Leeds United play at Elland Road".
Now, to be back next year if all goes well!
- Eric
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155185
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Good to meet up with you EricLUFC_Madcap wrote:I'm finally catching up after getting back to Seattle from my European vacation. I really want to give a big thanks to 1964White, DrLeeds, Drs.Dad, Revie-Era, and Bakke (Craig who hasn't posted on here for a while but is a good mate of mine) for the meet-ups while I was in Leeds. Sorry I couldn't make in to Denmark Twiggs... ended up stuck in Prague for a few extra days as I got sick for a few days on my travels.
Shame about the draws for the Watford and Reading matches but did finally get to see a win over Burnley. So many great memories... a few random highlights:
I sit down at a bench outside Graveleys Fish and Chips across from the south stand... and who do I sit next to but the guy who works for "Leeds Leeds Leeds" who I emailed back and forth with two years ago when gettin my photo I took with one of our Lotus Esprits outside of Leeds, Utah in the magazine. Totally random and a small world!
Was great to hang out with the MOT folks before the Watford match. Talk some football, talk some music, and soak in the atmosphere. Really made me feel welcome and shame it couldn't have been more time.
To the 4 year old or so little girl next to me in the north stand at the Watford match... watching you scream "Ooooo you sh*t Ridsdale" next to your dad when the Watford keeper took a kid... Strong language for a little girl but you are being brought up right. Haha!
The views were better from the East (1st row, center line) and West (about 7 rows up right near the tunnel) stands where I was... but nothing beat the atmosphere in the Kop.
I did cry walking up to Elland Road the first time... 10 years of waiting to be there and when I got there it just hit me.
I firmly believe there is no greater support in the world... and it made a big impact on me. I've followed Leeds for a while but now I feel that I am Leeds truly through and through.
Everybody has a list of things they want to do in life... I have been lucky to cross off the #1 thing... "See Leeds United play at Elland Road".
Now, to be back next year if all goes well!
- Eric
Glad you enjoyed the experience of ER & all the emotions that go with supporting Leeds United
Sorry to hear you were sick for a few days
Back to normal life until next year eh Eric !
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Really good to meet you Eric. Hope to catch you on your next trip.

- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Sorry you didn't make it to Copenhagen, Eric and that you got ill.
But happy you saw 5 points gained whilst watching Leeds games anyway! :thup:
Brings a tear to my eye whenever I go back to ER as well. Been 2 years now.
So I understand your emotion mate.
Hope that meeting the daft Leeds fans from MOT didn't put you off visiting again(
) and happy to hear you sampled the best fish and nurks in the world, at Graveleys. :thup:
Fantastic and surreal that you met the guy from Leeds Leeds Leeds there! Brilliant anecdote. :thup:
Thanks for posting this Eric...glad you enjoyed your LEEDS experience! :jump:
But happy you saw 5 points gained whilst watching Leeds games anyway! :thup:
Brings a tear to my eye whenever I go back to ER as well. Been 2 years now.
Hope that meeting the daft Leeds fans from MOT didn't put you off visiting again(
Fantastic and surreal that you met the guy from Leeds Leeds Leeds there! Brilliant anecdote. :thup:
Thanks for posting this Eric...glad you enjoyed your LEEDS experience! :jump:
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I didn't happen, there are no pictures. :mrgreen:
Glad the trip to ER went well.
Glad the trip to ER went well.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- LUFC_Madcap
- Youth Team

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 am
- Location: Luxembourg
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I'm still sorting through the 1,000+ photos I took over the roughly a month worth of traveling...
The trip was awesome and I'll be back for certain. No way can I stay away... have to see what I can swing for next year. 3 match minimum (though likely have to be a shorter trip so have to score an away ticket or two) is for certain.
Will try to make sure there is more time to hang out before or after the match with other MOT folks... was a bit crazy being based in London at my mates and taking the train up for the weekend to Leeds.
The trip was awesome and I'll be back for certain. No way can I stay away... have to see what I can swing for next year. 3 match minimum (though likely have to be a shorter trip so have to score an away ticket or two) is for certain.
Will try to make sure there is more time to hang out before or after the match with other MOT folks... was a bit crazy being based in London at my mates and taking the train up for the weekend to Leeds.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
T'was good to meet you too.Madcap! I still get those feelings you talked about, especially that first home match of the season, or attending a game where the East Stand Upper is open and full! I'm 63 and still feel like a kid entering the ground. I look forward to meeting you again on your next visit...... hopefully we will have newer, better players in some positions, and well on the way to a well deserved auto promotion
:champ:
:champ:

-
wakey^white
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
glad you had a great trip! you can't beat the excitement of matchday...i love the long winter months with a flood lit elland road....one of lifes finest moments.
-
our lass
- Youth Team

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I used to love the Champions League nights when you could walk down Wesley Street and see the logo being projected on the side of the stand.
Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go everytime 'Marching on Together' is played at the start of the match.
Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go everytime 'Marching on Together' is played at the start of the match.
We're Leeds United - We rule supreme
- matt leeds
- First Team

- Posts: 1282
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
- Location: Doncaster
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I just love the feeling of every match I attend.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
And Madcap - your avatar isn't working, BTW?
Talking of avatars, I wish you could have experienced what my avatar shows. Tallest floodlights in Europe...and the idiots tore them down to build that pathetic east stand monstrosity!
Talking of avatars, I wish you could have experienced what my avatar shows. Tallest floodlights in Europe...and the idiots tore them down to build that pathetic east stand monstrosity!
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Oh please dont keep on about the East Stand - some of us do like it.Twiggster wrote:And Madcap - your avatar isn't working, BTW?
Talking of avatars, I wish you could have experienced what my avatar shows. Tallest floodlights in Europe...and the idiots tore them down to build that pathetic east stand monstrosity!![]()
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
My first trip to ER I sat in the East Stand Jojoluafc4eva wrote: Oh please dont keep on about the East Stand - some of us do like it.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
It's ugly and they ripped down the floodlights to build it. No atmosphere like there was on the old Lowfields and even the club call the upper tier the "Subbutteo Stand" - with good reason.joluafc4eva wrote: Oh please dont keep on about the East Stand - some of us do like it.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Did you like it BB or did you think it was an eyesore?
- matt leeds
- First Team

- Posts: 1282
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
- Location: Doncaster
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I dont like the East stand. Much prefer the kop. I actually sat in the top of East stand upper ONCE, cant remember the year but we beat Chelsea 1-0, Yeboah scored the goal and I couldnt even tell if the ball had gone in until the crowd started cheering!
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
I prefer the West Stand Jo but have nowt against the East Stand and no didn't think it was an eyesore.joluafc4eva wrote:Did you like it BB or did you think it was an eyesore?
Last edited by becchio bear on Tue May 17, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Ok so there might not be an atmosphere but it does look pretty impressive from the front. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I come along the M621 as I approach it.
-
Armleywhite
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
Im indifferent to it. It serves a purpose I suppose. However, I do remember the old floodlights with a sense of fondness.
Last edited by Armleywhite on Tue May 17, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Review from my Leeds Trip - A Big Thanks!
As much as the old floodlights used to do, Jo?joluafc4eva wrote:Ok so there might not be an atmosphere but it does look pretty impressive from the front. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I come along the M621 as I approach it.


