Oh well done faaipfaaip wrote:
Alan Smith
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Alan Smith
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Alan Smith
faaip wrote:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- Toby
- First Team

- Posts: 1735
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
- Location: 3 Mins from ER
Re: Alan Smith
This is actually a new kinda alan smith thread thats never happend before, all the rest was when he was still at a club and had no chance of leaving, this ones more serious.
get him back now
get him back now
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Alan Smith
Toby wrote:This is actually a new kinda alan smith thread thats never happend before, all the rest was when he was still at a club and had no chance of leaving, this ones more serious.
get him back now
was that cave you've been hiding in for the last 10 years a comfy one?
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15029
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Alan Smith
I dont really understand eveyones issue abut this thread, yes we have had the discussion before but peoples views change depending on circumstance and there are new people who havent been involved before. If you dont want to have the debate again then dont debate.
Having not myself been part of one of these threads before and putting aside all the emotions and history I'd like to know one thing. Is he good enough?
Having not myself been part of one of these threads before and putting aside all the emotions and history I'd like to know one thing. Is he good enough?
- LUFC_Madcap
- Youth Team

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 am
- Location: Luxembourg
Re: Alan Smith
I'm of the opinion that if he can improve the squad and fits within the wage structure he is worth a look. Past injuries make a pay/play deal the best option to consider as well.
Regardless of the talk some have of "judas" etc... it's my opinion he was just put in a crap position at the time. Get the club you grew up playing for transfer money up front when they are financially screwed and looking at administration or try to go elsewhere (did waive his personal fee for the club as well when he contractually could have taken the cash). It may not have been a move people love but business sometimes takes top seat over emotion.
If he can cut it, is affordable, stays health, and puts in the work I don't see why not.
Regardless of the talk some have of "judas" etc... it's my opinion he was just put in a crap position at the time. Get the club you grew up playing for transfer money up front when they are financially screwed and looking at administration or try to go elsewhere (did waive his personal fee for the club as well when he contractually could have taken the cash). It may not have been a move people love but business sometimes takes top seat over emotion.
If he can cut it, is affordable, stays health, and puts in the work I don't see why not.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Alan Smith
I think the issue should not be clouded by the Man U factor - it should simply be, is he a player who can improve leeds United as things stand.
On the one hand, the Smudger of old, you would say, DEFINITELY !
BUT
This is not the Alan Smith of old, this is a guy who has been blighted by injuries, one very serious one, over the past few years and I for one feel he is now a shadow of his former self.
Therefore, I personally would look elsewhere.
On the one hand, the Smudger of old, you would say, DEFINITELY !
BUT
This is not the Alan Smith of old, this is a guy who has been blighted by injuries, one very serious one, over the past few years and I for one feel he is now a shadow of his former self.
Therefore, I personally would look elsewhere.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
-
normangunston
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 515
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:51 pm
Re: Alan Smith
impressed!faaip wrote:
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Alan Smith
I think judas said he will play for us again, well if he has anything left in his tank now is the only time he can reapply for the job.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
-
ldj90
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 952
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm
- Twitter: @LiamJarman1
Re: Alan Smith
my opinion: he is better than the CDM's we currently have, has bags of experience, including getting out of this division, which our management say we are looking for this year and is free (also what we are looking for). I think he would be worth bringing in on a one year pay as you play deal. his history isn't the most important issue.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: Alan Smith
It was either me or you was going to find thisfaaip wrote:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Alan Smith
Can we have this as an emoticon to use AW?Armleywhite wrote: Double![]()
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
BeestonLad
- Ballboy

- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Alan Smith
I wouldn't re-sign him.
Not because he left us to play for Man Utd, it's seven years ago, water under the bridge.
I just think he's done, whenever he plays the game seems to just pass him by, you never notice him actually doing anything.
Not because he left us to play for Man Utd, it's seven years ago, water under the bridge.
I just think he's done, whenever he plays the game seems to just pass him by, you never notice him actually doing anything.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Alan Smith
Gino 1959 wrote: It was either me or you was going to find thisGood Job!!
my money would have been on Tele...
anyway if you fancy betting where Mr Smith will land...
http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/ ... 03041.html (third from bottom)
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- nickjett
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 561
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:02 pm
Re: Alan Smith
Surprised Leeds are favourites! But looks as if he will be playing in the championship not the Prem!
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: Alan Smith
I dont think we could make a better signing this summer.Smith and Howson in the middle of the park giving 100% for the club they grew up supporting! Smith will always b a better player in a Leeds shirt than any other as Leeds hasa place in his heart. If he does does come back it will be a 50/50 split with people happy to have him back and those who dont want him back but he will win us all over quick enough!
As for the chances of him acyually coming back to play for us? Hes free so he fits larry and Bates first requirement!Just wages and the questions is he good enough and do we want him?
As for the chances of him acyually coming back to play for us? Hes free so he fits larry and Bates first requirement!Just wages and the questions is he good enough and do we want him?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
- MikeLUFC7
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 462
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Blackpool
Re: Alan Smith
We've been calling for Grayson to sign a tough tackling holding midfielder for the past year or so - something we've yet to address since Doyle's loan deal wasn't turned into a permanent one - so once again this summer we need to address this issue because it is something we lack. For me, Smith would be an ideal candidate to do the role of a tough tackling holding midfielder. In this league he was a top player for Newcastle, and to be honest, the guy can still cut it in the premier league. As a striker he's finished, but as a midfielder he has a fair few years left if he can stay fit.
So as far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see Smith back in a Leeds shirt because I think he can add quite a lot to our midfield by adding a strong experienced presence (again something we've lacked for quite some time).
So as far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see Smith back in a Leeds shirt because I think he can add quite a lot to our midfield by adding a strong experienced presence (again something we've lacked for quite some time).
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Alan Smith
I personally think he would be a liability, he would be so wound up, he would get bookings galore and probably be suspended throughout the season due to ill-discipline.
Look elsewhere Grayson.......
Look elsewhere Grayson.......
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Smith, Alan



