The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155357
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:If variety is not posted, then, surely that is not down to those with shared (implied prog) interests.

I don't think anyone posts simply to get a positive reaction/gain approval/avoid disapproval.

Like others I have posted a few artists on several occasions and received no comments - no problem - and I do not think any less of others for not sharing my musical tastes.

One of the reasons my involvement with this thread has lessened considerably of late is a feeling that I am being narrow-minded/blinkered when I do not like something "non-prog" or judged "brilliant" by others (even though my tastes stretch beyond this).

Indeed I have wondered are less well-known artists posted on occasion just for sheer bloody-mindedness.

My maxim has always been if I like it, then, that's good enough for me.
Good post

Carry on regardless Gino
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
Good post

Carry on regardless Gino
Good as Gold (Carry on regardless) for 64 and Gino :bear:

I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »



Near enough
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »



and rock ON!!! :-D

P.S. VERY good, CSA! :mrgreen:

Edit - just realised I was at this gig in the old Wembley Stadium! Happy Days :rasta:
User avatar
Frusciante Is God
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Frusciante Is God »

My last.Fm

Pretty Much Invisible.......
white.riot

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by white.riot »

Gino 1959 wrote:If variety is not posted, then, surely that is not down to those with shared (implied prog) interests.

I don't think anyone posts simply to get a positive reaction/gain approval/avoid disapproval.

Like others I have posted a few artists on several occasions and received no comments - no problem - and I do not think any less of others for not sharing my musical tastes.

One of the reasons my involvement with this thread has lessened considerably of late is a feeling that I am being narrow-minded/blinkered when I do not like something "non-prog" or judged "brilliant" by others (even though my tastes stretch beyond this).

Indeed I have wondered are less well-known artists posted on occasion just for sheer bloody-mindedness.

My maxim has always been if I like it, then, that's good enough for me.
If you feel like that imagine how it feels if you're not part of the in crowd :!:

Don't know about you but in our house everyone I post is well known. You and the prog guys post folk I've never heard of though. I trust you don't do that for sheer bloody mindedness. I assumed it was simply a metter of divergent interests. Gutted to see that some of you post for effect. Bit sad really.
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »

Frusciante Is God wrote:
Thought that was our own Keith Lemon in a wig
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

I listen to most stuff posted on here and comment accordingly. After all this is supposed to be a discussion thread.
If I like a clip I will say so, especially if it is music that is new to me - and if I don't like a clip I will also say so and why I feel like that.
If I don't comment, it is cos the clip has not had an impact on me in any way and I have no comment to make about it.

Most of the clips I post on here seem to fall into the last category for the other posters on here... :cry:
white.riot

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by white.riot »

Twiggster wrote:I listen to most stuff posted on here and comment accordingly. After all this is supposed to be a discussion thread.
If I like a clip I will say so, especially if it is music that is new to me - and if I don't like a clip I will also say so and why I feel like that.
If I don't comment, it is cos the clip has not had an impact on me in any way and I have no comment to make about it.

Most of the clips I post on here seem to fall into the last category for the other posters on here... :cry:
I think it's important that you offer an objective opinion. Give me a shout when you are about to start :wink:
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

white.riot wrote:
I think it's important that you offer an objective opinion. Give me a shout when you are about to start :wink:
Hardy Har-Har! Get fooked! :lol:
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »

white.riot wrote:
I think it's important that you offer an objective opinion. Give me a shout when you are about to start :wink:
Might only be my interpretation but you do tend to sulk a lot :?:
Image
white.riot

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by white.riot »

CSA wrote:
Might only be my interpretation but you do tend to sulk a lot :?:
Might only be my interpretation but you do tend to miss out on the joke. Beyond that I welcome your continued attention :idea:
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »

white.riot wrote:
Might only be my interpretation but you do tend to miss out on the joke. Beyond that I welcome your continued attention :idea:
I think you are the one who missed out on the joke, must be those trendy 'Aladdin Trousers' you are wearing that are too tight :wink:
Image
User avatar
Baby Lemonade
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Baby Lemonade »

Now this, in anyone's language, is f**king brilliant...

white.riot

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:
I was surprised to see appreciation for my Dub Collosus link from Crude I think it was (maybe Chicago those yanks are all the same) point is we keep knocking on the door untill someone answers, I have no opinion at all on The Archandroid album as I havn't heard it...Collosus and Spooky on rotation at the moment, throw in some Nicolay (it's an extrordinarily well written and clever album, maybe The Hold Steady are suffering a little without his input)

anyway in the spirit of keep on knocking
I hear you knocking :)
User avatar
Baby Lemonade
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 am

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Baby Lemonade »

Probably a bit too mainstream for this thread but probably my favourite song of all, not sure why, just get goosebumps every time...

User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by CSA »

Baby Lemonade wrote:Probably a bit too mainstream for this thread but probably my favourite song of all, not sure why, just get goosebumps every time...

Great tune but always preferred this one...

Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Baby Lemonade wrote:Probably a bit too mainstream for this thread but probably my favourite song of all, not sure why, just get goosebumps every time...
Saw them at Leeds Uni (poly?) and at Bratfud St.Georges...excellent band! Preferred Bowies version of ATYD - but this is wonderful!



c**k in hole queen! LOL :-D
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

WOW! Mott fans on here! :thup:
Post Reply