Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- TSS
- Ballboy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Hi guys,
As Twiggs and possibly a few others already know, I've been approached to write a new Leeds United book scheduled for release at the start of next season. It will essentially be a book of lists. Some of it will be the standard Top Goalscorer, Most Appearances type stuff, but there'll also be a lot of subjective stuff included which will hopefully reflect the opinions of the wider fan base - hence my visit.
Throughout the writing process I'll be looking for fan input as I assemble each list and decide who were Leeds United's Unsung Heroes and who were The Maddest Footballers we've ever seen appear in our glorious White kit.
At the moment, I'm in the planning stage, hoping to create a list of around 40-50 categories for inclusion. The ones included so far are listed below, but as you can see there is still space to fill. This is because the book is part of a series (Leeds United's will be launched first alongside Liverpool and Spurs with the rest of the Prem following suit). As such, the book needs to follow a general outline, but realising each club will have categories specific to them, the publishers have left room for anything we wish to add.
And that's where I'm at basically - looking for input into the category selection before tackling them one-by-one.
Have a look at the list below and see if there's anything that pops out that you think should be included. Please note however, that we're avoiding worst chairmen because the publishers stress that I'll be the one who gets sued if I write anything libellous - not sure I'm capable of writing about Bates in any other manner.
Stats
Brief Timeline
Highest/Lowest League Finishes
Best Cup Runs
Best/Worst Managers
Behind the Scenes Heroes/Villains
Players
Most Appearances
Most Goals
Most Red & Yellow Cards
Super Subs
Best Value Players
Biggest Waste of Money
Fleeting Appearances (One Game Wonders)
Terrace Heroes
Maddest Players
Pantomime Villains
Games
Ten Classic Games
Most Unlikely Wins
Most Ignominious Defeats
Most Ridiculous Games
Worst/Most Boring Games
Best Comebacks
Bogey Teams
Terrace Culture
Famous Fans
Maddest Fans
Best/Worst Away Fans
Best Fanzines & Fan Websites
Best Books
Best Terrace Songs (with lyrics!)
Home
Stats about the Ground
Best Seats in the Ground
Best Pubs Near the Ground
Best Pie & Chips Near the Ground
Away
Best/Worst Away Grounds to Visit
Memorable Away Days
As Twiggs and possibly a few others already know, I've been approached to write a new Leeds United book scheduled for release at the start of next season. It will essentially be a book of lists. Some of it will be the standard Top Goalscorer, Most Appearances type stuff, but there'll also be a lot of subjective stuff included which will hopefully reflect the opinions of the wider fan base - hence my visit.
Throughout the writing process I'll be looking for fan input as I assemble each list and decide who were Leeds United's Unsung Heroes and who were The Maddest Footballers we've ever seen appear in our glorious White kit.
At the moment, I'm in the planning stage, hoping to create a list of around 40-50 categories for inclusion. The ones included so far are listed below, but as you can see there is still space to fill. This is because the book is part of a series (Leeds United's will be launched first alongside Liverpool and Spurs with the rest of the Prem following suit). As such, the book needs to follow a general outline, but realising each club will have categories specific to them, the publishers have left room for anything we wish to add.
And that's where I'm at basically - looking for input into the category selection before tackling them one-by-one.
Have a look at the list below and see if there's anything that pops out that you think should be included. Please note however, that we're avoiding worst chairmen because the publishers stress that I'll be the one who gets sued if I write anything libellous - not sure I'm capable of writing about Bates in any other manner.
Stats
Brief Timeline
Highest/Lowest League Finishes
Best Cup Runs
Best/Worst Managers
Behind the Scenes Heroes/Villains
Players
Most Appearances
Most Goals
Most Red & Yellow Cards
Super Subs
Best Value Players
Biggest Waste of Money
Fleeting Appearances (One Game Wonders)
Terrace Heroes
Maddest Players
Pantomime Villains
Games
Ten Classic Games
Most Unlikely Wins
Most Ignominious Defeats
Most Ridiculous Games
Worst/Most Boring Games
Best Comebacks
Bogey Teams
Terrace Culture
Famous Fans
Maddest Fans
Best/Worst Away Fans
Best Fanzines & Fan Websites
Best Books
Best Terrace Songs (with lyrics!)
Home
Stats about the Ground
Best Seats in the Ground
Best Pubs Near the Ground
Best Pie & Chips Near the Ground
Away
Best/Worst Away Grounds to Visit
Memorable Away Days
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Good luck with this - sounds like a book I'll be queuing up to buy next year.
Great to see that we are in the first releases, with "the rest of the Prem" straggling behind. Just as it should be.
Happy to contribute if you want input from someone approaching 50 years of supporting Leeds (that anniversary will come on September 1st 2012)
Great to see that we are in the first releases, with "the rest of the Prem" straggling behind. Just as it should be.
Happy to contribute if you want input from someone approaching 50 years of supporting Leeds (that anniversary will come on September 1st 2012)
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
How about "Worst/Most Costly Referreeing Decisions"
Should be plenty of materiel there.....
Should be plenty of materiel there.....

- TSS
- Ballboy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
European Cup final for example.Dr.Leeds wrote:How about "Worst/Most Costly Referreeing Decisions"
Should be plenty of materiel there.....
I like the idea. Maybe it could be broader than that though, and cover 'When we were cheated...'. Gives a good excuse for a -25 rant.
- TSS
- Ballboy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Cheers!Guildford White wrote:Good luck with this - sounds like a book I'll be queuing up to buy next year.
Great to see that we are in the first releases, with "the rest of the Prem" straggling behind. Just as it should be.
Happy to contribute if you want input from someone approaching 50 years of supporting Leeds (that anniversary will come on September 1st 2012)
I'll definitely be in and out of here as well as on social networks and so forth for ideas on each category, so good to know you're happy to help.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
-
HairyArse
- Youth Team

- Posts: 131
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Best and worst debuts. Smith and Roque Junior instantly spring to mind.
Worst foreign imports. Roque Junior and Brolin instantly spring to mind.
I sense a trend...
Worst foreign imports. Roque Junior and Brolin instantly spring to mind.
I sense a trend...
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
I'd check out some of '64's various polls would seem right up the alley.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Crude United wrote:I'd check out some of '64's various polls would seem right up the alley.
Not quite sure his lists include obscure bass guitarists.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- TSS
- Ballboy

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Hall of Fame - Leeds United
Cheers lad, some good suggestions there. Any more you have, please continue to post them in this thread and I'll keep checking back. Got a couple of weeks yet to finalise the structure.