I thought Falling Skies was dreadful and ditched it by Episode 3. Currently watching The Path to 9/11 and Strike Back - and Series 3 of Sons of Anarchy - especially now that we get to see how American TV views things in Ireland
What is taking up a lot of TV time is the 50 Documentaries to see before you Die (on Current TV), which has been very excellent.
The last was Food Inc, which simply reinforced why Americans are - generally - obese and diabetic - and why I am a big (not in size!!) veggie.
Gino 1959 wrote:I thought Falling Skies was dreadful and ditched it by Episode 3. Currently watching The Path to 9/11 and Strike Back - and Series 3 of Sons of Anarchy - especially now that we get to see how American TV views things in Ireland
What is taking up a lot of TV time is the 50 Documentaries to see before you Die (on Current TV), which has been very excellent.
The last was Food Inc, which simply reinforced why Americans are - generally - obese and diabetic - and why I am a big (not in size!!) veggie.
I'm not a fan of "based on real events" stuff like Path to 9/11, and I tried sons of anachy too but gave up bored, I'm no conniseur of film and television all I want is some escapism.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
ldj90 wrote:seen a couple of films over the last week or so.
Avengers Assemble (twice)- absolutely brilliant and a culmination of a series of great films. I think this one tops them all though.
American Pie the reunion- hilarious. american pie back to its best
anyone else seen anything recently?
Ah i wanna see Avengers so badly! Ive read great reviews on it so far, so im sure - like you say idj - its brilliant! think i might go this weekend. Did you watch it in 3D? ive heard its better in 2D
I recently watched a great Aussie film called The Tunnel. It really surprised the pants off me. Its a 'found footage' style horror movie, like the Blair Witch, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Really creepy as hell
Whats cool about it is that it was released as a legal download on the internet for FREE! This has never been done before and i admire that.
Here you go...
JonTheBassist wrote:
Ah i wanna see Avengers so badly! Ive read great reviews on it so far, so im sure - like you say idj - its brilliant! think i might go this weekend. Did you watch it in 3D? ive heard its better in 2D
I recently watched a great Aussie film called The Tunnel. It really surprised the pants off me. Its a 'found footage' style horror movie, like the Blair Witch, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Really creepy as hell
Whats cool about it is that it was released as a legal download on the internet for FREE! This has never been done before and i admire that.
Here you go...
seen it twice in 3D. wouldn't be able to comment on it in 2D tho . But yeah it's absolutely great, Robert Downey Jnr is fantastic as Iron Man, so funny! Would thoroughly recommend it anyway!
Ahh cool i will give that a watch later, thanks
Really looking forward to the new batman movie too, not out until july though I think!!
Brilliant movie Avengers, didnt think Hulk would be funny but jeeeses brought tears in my eyes. proper quality movie, goes far up my all time favorites list.
Yea i think the new batmans gonna kick ass!
Kind of looking forward to the amazing spider-man, but i dont see why they had to remake it only 10 years after the 1st one. That movie is still good imo.
But lets see...the lizard should be fun to see on the big screen for the first time
I took my nephew to see Avengers Assemble over the Bank Holiday weekend and I must say that I enjoyed it almost as much as he did. It was funny, Downey Jr really has gotten his sh!t back together and Scarlett Johansson in a cat suit - excellent stuff.
As for TV I am really looking forward to Hatufim on Sky Arts tonight upon which Homeland, which I also enjoyed, was based. It seems that there is going to be an explosion of Israeli drama on our screens - mostly remade for US TV - but, hopefully, to be followed by the originals.
The new series of Justified continues to be thoroughly enjoyable and I have been recording something called The Glades on Irish TV because the reviews were so good, but I have yet to watch any of it!
Avengers was awesome! wow man i felt like a little kid walking out of the cinema last night.
Really great show, and how about that ending??? (after the main credits had rolled) I cant wait for the sequel now
I heard a rumour that the reason they made the new spider-man is because they want to use the character in the avengers sequel ! how awesome would that be?
JonTheBassist wrote:Avengers was awesome! wow man i felt like a little kid walking out of the cinema last night.
Really great show, and how about that ending??? (after the main credits had rolled) I cant wait for the sequel now
I heard a rumour that the reason they made the new spider-man is because they want to use the character in the avengers sequel ! how awesome would that be?
spiderman in the avengers sequel...hmm hes so weak compared to the rest of them