:hahaha:Twiggster wrote:
NO chance, Jo! O'Dea and Clayton will take care of him.
Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
He won't stand a chance Jo. Hope O'Dea has a big pocket to fit beckford into...cos that is where Jermaine "too big for his boots" will end up, when the millionaires play Leeds.joluafc4eva wrote: :hahaha:
- rand3ll
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm
- Location: Hartlepoolish
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
I was defending Beckford, I labelled him 'good enough for the premiership' so obviously he's exceptional in this league.joluafc4eva wrote:Yes but that was in the Prem - the Championship is different - I reckon he will score as many as he did for Everton in a season, against us in both games when we play Leicester.
I can see him finishing in the top 3 goal scorers this season and until they signed Beckford I wasn't worried about Leicester because they didn't have that clinical goal getter, which they definately do now.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
rand3ll wrote:
I was defending Beckford, I labelled him 'good enough for the premiership' so obviously he's exceptional in this league.
I can see him finishing in the top 3 goal scorers this season and until they signed Beckford I wasn't worried about Leicester because they didn't have that clinical goal getter, which they definately do now.
To my mind, 'clinical' means efficient and clean, Becks for all his attributes is a very wasteful striker, remember how we always slated him for his ability to only score once for every 6 or 7 chances. I believe with O'Dea on him, he will be restricted in his chances.

- rand3ll
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm
- Location: Hartlepoolish
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
He may have been wastful at times but the fact is he had 6 or 7 chances evey game so you were bound to get a goal out of him more often than not.Drs.Dad wrote:To my mind, 'clinical' means efficient and clean, Becks for all his attributes is a very wasteful striker, remember how we always slated him for his ability to only score once for every 6 or 7 chances. I believe with O'Dea on him, he will be restricted in his chances.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Can I have some of what you are on Twiggs.Twiggster wrote:
He won't stand a chance Jo. Hope O'Dea has a big pocket to fit beckford into...cos that is where Jermaine "too big for his boots" will end up, when the millionaires play Leeds.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Be good to have Michael Brown fit for that game. Beckford always used to struggle in games where he got roughed up early on.

-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
rand3ll wrote:
He may have been wastful at times but the fact is he had 6 or 7 chances evey game so you were bound to get a goal out of him more often than not.
All well and good, but surely that was down to the players around him creating the chances for him. It must have been galling seeing a great opportunity to score ending up in the stands.

- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Frigging Everton were so desperate to get him too,,,they should have left him where he was ,,with us!!

- chicagowhite
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 559
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
- Location: Chicago USA
- Contact:
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
I've stayed out of this debate till now but why ridicule the lad he did nothing but scored goals for LUFC in his time at Leeds & his goals were essential in getting us off to a flying start in the -15 season plus getting us to the playoff's I suspect if he hadn't picked up the hamstring injury we would have gone up that season. He could have forced a transfer that season as Scunny were hot for him & if he had he'd have probably been playing in PL a season sooner.
He also did nothing wrong at Everton who didn't sell him because they wanted rid but because he was a salable asset that was in demand, I'm sure if LUFC had the capacity to compete with lcfc he would have returned at the drop of a hat & I for one would have welcomed him back with open arms.
He visited NY last season during a PL break & made an effort to meet up with the NY Whites his aunt who lives in NY is now an avid LUFC fan & while LUFC is not Becks boyhood team he always looks out for LUFC's results & thinks we have the best fans he has ever seen.
I just hope when he visits ER he gets the reception he deserves for the massive contribution he made to LUFC in the too short time he was with us.
He also did nothing wrong at Everton who didn't sell him because they wanted rid but because he was a salable asset that was in demand, I'm sure if LUFC had the capacity to compete with lcfc he would have returned at the drop of a hat & I for one would have welcomed him back with open arms.
He visited NY last season during a PL break & made an effort to meet up with the NY Whites his aunt who lives in NY is now an avid LUFC fan & while LUFC is not Becks boyhood team he always looks out for LUFC's results & thinks we have the best fans he has ever seen.
I just hope when he visits ER he gets the reception he deserves for the massive contribution he made to LUFC in the too short time he was with us.
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies
"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."
A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."
A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
-
joluafc4eva
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Well saidessexwhite wrote:Frigging Everton were so desperate to get him too,,,they should have left him where he was ,,with us!!
- rand3ll
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm
- Location: Hartlepoolish
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
'Are you bein serious, what shirt am I wearin bruv?!' . . Amid specualtion he'd go to Derby County who were a Premier league side! . . Beckford definately earns his place along with the best at Elland Road!chicagowhite wrote:He could have forced a transfer that season as Scunny were hot for him & if he had he'd have probably been playing in PL a season sooner.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
I truly hope the Leeds fans get on his back at ER. We pished him off with our chants when he was our player, cos he was playing the prima-donna...I'm sure we can do it now he is a fuxes player!
"What shirt are you wearing, bruv?" - "Premier Lg - yer having a laff"....etc.
"What shirt are you wearing, bruv?" - "Premier Lg - yer having a laff"....etc.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155159
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
I personally loved it when Beckford was at Leeds, a striker you could rely on scoring 30+ plus goals a season, a player who sat on the shoulders of defenders & frightened the living daylights out of them, you cannot say the same about any of our current strikers
Some of you will be surprised to know that Jermaine's scoring ratio to games is 2nd to the great John Charles, admittedly at a lower level but all the same a fine record to be proud of in his LU career
I've heard many fans who slated Becks & said he was c**p which is utter nonsense
Without Jermaine Beckford we as a club & fans wouldn't be enjoying the fruits of the championship now !
I for one won't be booing/jeering Jermaine Beckford when he returns to ER as he will be instrumental succeeding in yet another promotion with the Foxes
Some of you will be surprised to know that Jermaine's scoring ratio to games is 2nd to the great John Charles, admittedly at a lower level but all the same a fine record to be proud of in his LU career
I've heard many fans who slated Becks & said he was c**p which is utter nonsense
Without Jermaine Beckford we as a club & fans wouldn't be enjoying the fruits of the championship now !
I for one won't be booing/jeering Jermaine Beckford when he returns to ER as he will be instrumental succeeding in yet another promotion with the Foxes
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Beckford, is what I want to hear from the Leeds fans. He dissed us - we took him from non lg football to a transfer to the prem. He could have signed a contract, but he is so THICK, he let his agent dictate matters.
I hope he bottles coming back to ER with the crisps - if he does play I hope we boo him to hell.
s**t window fitter, you're just a ...." "RAC to EPL - you're utter crap and time will tell"
I hope he bottles coming back to ER with the crisps - if he does play I hope we boo him to hell.
s**t window fitter, you're just a ...." "RAC to EPL - you're utter crap and time will tell"
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
I like the cut of your Jib.Twiggster wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Beckford, is what I want to hear from the Leeds fans. He dissed us - we took him from non lg football to a transfer to the prem. He could have signed a contract, but he is so THICK, he let his agent dictate matters.
I hope he bottles coming back to ER with the crisps - if he does play I hope we boo him to hell.
crap window fitter, you're just a ...." "RAC to EPL - you're utter crap and time will tell"
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
If people boo Jermaine Beckford, the guy that scored the goals to beat the scum and get us promoted, i will be disgusted. Players move on. Billy Bremner moved on, didnt he? Gary McAllister, Gordon Strachan? They all left and played for someone else. Would you have booed them?
In an era of over-paid, over-rated, rubbish third division football, Jermaine Beckford gave us hope!
Having said that, if he celebrates when he scores (and he will score), he's open slather!
In an era of over-paid, over-rated, rubbish third division football, Jermaine Beckford gave us hope!
Having said that, if he celebrates when he scores (and he will score), he's open slather!
Side Before Self, Every Time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155159
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Very true Silky, without Jermaine we'd have still be playing in League One !Silky wrote:If people boo Jermaine Beckford, the guy that scored the goals to beat the scum and get us promoted, i will be disgusted. Players move on. Billy Bremner moved on, didnt he? Gary McAllister, Gordon Strachan? They all left and played for someone else. Would you have booed them?
In an era of over-paid, over-rated, rubbish third division football, Jermaine Beckford gave us hope!
Having said that, if he celebrates when he scores (and he will score), he's open slather!
-
Tommy Rose
- Youth Team

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:41 pm
- Location: Porsgrunn Norway
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
All sour grapes,football fans have short memories sadly,
anyway,don't they beat us whoever plays up front for em' ??
anyway,don't they beat us whoever plays up front for em' ??
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Jermaine Beckford gone to fuxes
Yes.Tommy Rose wrote:All sour grapes,football fans have short memories sadly,
anyway,don't they beat us whoever plays up front for em' ??
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.