FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Twiggster »

Just putting it out here - got a tweet this eve: Please sign Gary Speeds Book of Condolence, Mon 5th Dec from 7.30pm at The North Star Hotel, Amiens st, Dublin

Hope you can....
User avatar
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Mooching about..

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by mchldavies7 »

Ironicly the last time i was down in Dublin for a concert in June, that was the hotel i stopped in..its not right in the centre or anything either, Christ if id had known back then... :( :?...still cant get my head round this at all
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Twiggster »

mchldavies7 wrote:Ironicly the last time i was down in Dublin for a concert in June, that was the hotel i stopped in..its not right in the centre or anything either, Christ if id had known back then... :( :?...still cant get my head round this at all
Me neither mate. Send an email to the Glory Glory Leeds Gary Speed Tribute show and get it off your chest? Still time, as recording is delayed. (See the other thread)....
Old Bob
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Old Bob »

I'm not a Leeds fan but I'll definitely sign the book... :(
Armleywhite

FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

Old Bob wrote:I'm not a Leeds fan but I'll definitely sign the book... :(
so why, may I ask are you on a Leeds united website???
User avatar
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Co. Galway

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by 92champs »

Old Bob wrote:I'm not a Leeds fan but I'll definitely sign the book... :(
Armley's right Bob, either convert or fupp off, even a vague interest will do
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Gino 1959 »

Thanks, Twiggs. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Armleywhite

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

92champs wrote:
Armley's right Bob, either convert or fupp off, even a vague interest will do
Well, for a change I was trying to be tactful, but.........
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Twiggster »

Though I do wonder why a non Leeds fan is on here, surely the fact that Bob wants to sign the tribute book is the issue - not who he supports? :duno:
There are scum, toon and everton shirts at the Gary Speed Shrine under Billy's Statue. Should they be "fupped off", as well? :roll:
Armleywhite

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

:roll: I wasn't questioning why he wanted to sign the book, but Bob has made 12 posts on MOT and declares he doesn't like Leeds, all I did was ask why he wanted to join a forum of a team he doeasn't want o support?

No one is saying what your intimating, so why you making a bigger deal out of a simple question????

Edit to add:

Just realised why you posted that. Sorry.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Crude »

Old Bob wrote:I'm not a Leeds fan but I'll definitely sign the book... :(
Thanks Old Bob.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote::roll: I wasn't questioning why he wanted to sign the book, but Bob has made 12 posts on MOT and declares he doesn't like Leeds, all I did was ask why he wanted to join a forum of a team he doeasn't want o support?

No one is saying what your intimating, so why you making a bigger deal out of a simple question????

Edit to add:

Just realised why you posted that. Sorry.
Ye daft bugger, Si! :mrgreen:
Old Bob
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Old Bob »

92champs wrote:
Armley's right Bob, either convert or fupp off, even a vague interest will do
This is a thread about a book of condolences for Gary Speed. Who I support is irrelevant in comparison.


For the record I support the Scabs...
Last edited by Old Bob on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Bob
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Old Bob »

Crude United wrote: Thanks Old Bob.
It's the least anyone can do...
Armleywhite

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

Old Bob wrote:
This is a thread about a book of codolences for Gary Speed. Who I support is irrelevant in comparison.


For the record I support the Scabs...
I was being polite, but you brought it up initially. Considering majority of your posts are NOT about Gary speed, I merely asked why you wanted to post on a Leeds United web site if you don't llike them?
Old Bob
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Old Bob »

Armleywhite wrote: I was being polite, but you brought it up initially. Considering majority of your posts are NOT about Gary speed, I merely asked why you wanted to post on a Leeds United web site if you don't llike them?
I post on many forums up and down the information superhighway... I never said I 'didn't like' Leeds either...
Armleywhite

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

Old Bob wrote:
I post on many forums up and down the information superhighway... I never said I 'didn't like' Leeds either...
Fair enough, I still find it odd though.
Old Bob
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Old Bob »

Armleywhite wrote: Fair enough, I still find it odd though.
Odd is my middle name, well its not really but you know what I mean...:D
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Twiggster »

We've had non LUFC fans post on here before and they have been cool...the scummer "Flossy" - damn, but I miss his humour :(
There was another scab fan before Bob - "Cob Not Roll", who posted some intelligent stuff on here.
I do try to "vet" MOTForum member applications...but the non Leeds fans who get on here are welcome, so long as they behave themselves.
Just remember there are toffee, toon and scum shirts at Gary's Shrine under Billy, right now.
Armleywhite

Re: FAO Dublin and area LUFC fans

Post by Armleywhite »

Ive been around her long enough to remember the people your on about AND I know there are various club shirts at ER now. All I did was ask. Don't see why I have to defend myself for doing so!!
Post Reply