Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
gessa

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:Let's reserve judgement on Rodgers until SG removes him from his preferred position and shoehorns him into position of need.
But that won't be for another 2 years or so ,after he's played the odd behind closed door kick about plus 6 appearances on the bench,and the 1 league cup game at Bury.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79082
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:
But that won't be for another 2 years or so ,after he's played the odd behind closed door kick about plus 6 appearances on the bench,and the 1 league cup game at Bury.
I'm a patient man...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79082
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by The Subhuman »

If it looks like a Sebastian Sorsa, and walks like a Sebastian Sorsa...it's probably a Sebastian Sorsa....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
gessa

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:If it looks like a Sebastian Sorsa, and walks like a Sebastian Sorsa...it's probably a Sebastian Sorsa....


You know how to cheer us up mate. :(
User avatar
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Mooching about..

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by mchldavies7 »

Jason123 wrote:love to see Becchio go get some new blood in, lost his appetite
He must be eating something :lol:
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155330
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
But that won't be for another 2 years or so ,after he's played the odd behind closed door kick about plus 6 appearances on the bench,and the 1 league cup game at Bury.
What an exciting signing eh :roll:

I nearly wet myself when it was announced :lol:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
What an exciting signing eh :roll:

I nearly wet myself when it was announced :lol:
Incontinent 64, is that an age thing :lol: :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by mav »

can't be worse than Nunez can he!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Gurj »

joelufc20 wrote:Another winger snodgrass Sam Nunez white Townsend and now Rodgers. Thought centre of defence and a holding player would have been priority but you know Simon he likes his wingers
I am with you on this Joe.

Cant quite fathom the logic of this one - one area where you would feel we already have talent is wingers. With Bates continuing to harp on about limited funds etc etc, why use precious money on a position where we Snoddy/Townsend will fill week in week out if fit ?

Surely we should be using every available £ on a tough tackling central midfielder who can get round the park ( i.e. not Brown or Varynen) and a pacy central defender ?!

I dont understand Grayson at times, I really dont.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Gurj »

faaip wrote:If it looks like a Sebastian Sorsa, and walks like a Sebastian Sorsa...it's probably a Sebastian Sorsa....
Or a Pierre Laurent maybe ?! :cry:
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
gessa

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by gessa »

Gurj wrote:
I am with you on this Joe.

Cant quite fathom the logic of this one - one area where you would feel we already have talent is wingers. With Bates continuing to harp on about limited funds etc etc, why use precious money on a position where we Snoddy/Townsend will fill week in week out if fit ?

Surely we should be using every available £ on a tough tackling central midfielder who can get round the park ( i.e. not Brown or Varynen) and a pacy central defender ?!

I dont understand Grayson at times, I really dont.

Replacement for Snoddy :wink:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155330
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:

Replacement for Snoddy :wink:
Absolute stone-wall certainly :(
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Emsley »

Eye.
If snods or andros get injured... Would you count on Sam to spearhead any hope?

I think its a good signing and one grayson has dug up again.
Just got a feeling. (neck on chopping block for that i think)

If a bid for snod comes in we will get the money for the pot, so why so concerned????? :duno: :mrgreen:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Clacton White »

Gurj wrote:
I am with you on this Joe.

Cant quite fathom the logic of this one - one area where you would feel we already have talent is wingers. With Bates continuing to harp on about limited funds etc etc, why use precious money on a position where we Snoddy/Townsend will fill week in week out if fit ?

Surely we should be using every available £ on a tough tackling central midfielder who can get round the park ( i.e. not Brown or Varynen) and a pacy central defender ?!

I dont understand Grayson at times, I really dont.
I've given up trying to work out what Grayson is thinking . Is this Rogers better than Snoddy/Townsend?Nunez/Sam ? The level he has played at isn't that high , I think , don't know a lot about MLS admitedly ........ just strikes me as odd when other area's need more urgent work on them . If the club needed wingers he'd probably go get a central defender .
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19703
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by weasel »

Jeez everyone is so f*cking down on the lad - give him a chance to at least kick a ball for us. It's a cheap gamble.

And why are people knocking SG for not getting the other signings in yet - is he supposed to say sorry Mr Rogers don't sign yet cos we need a defender - why not talk to some other clubs whilst we take our time making an important signing.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79082
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by The Subhuman »

Gurj wrote:
I am with you on this Joe.

Cant quite fathom the logic of this one - one area where you would feel we already have talent is wingers. With Bates continuing to harp on about limited funds etc etc, why use precious money on a position where we Snoddy/Townsend will fill week in week out if fit ?

Surely we should be using every available £ on a tough tackling central midfielder who can get round the park ( i.e. not Brown or Varynen) and a pacy central defender ?!

I dont understand Grayson at times, I really dont.

As part of a normal teams normal window transfer dealings that signing would probably make sense when the window closes and we get to see the grand plan all along...It's just with us you get the feeling there is no master plan just the sense that SG has gone shopping again without a list...."oh bugger..I needed a holding midfieder....ah well to late now I'm back at the car"
Last edited by The Subhuman on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79082
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:Jeez everyone is so f*cking down on the lad - give him a chance to at least kick a ball for us. It's a cheap gamble.

And why are people knocking SG for not getting the other signings in yet - is he supposed to say sorry Mr Rogers don't sign yet cos we need a defender - why not talk to some other clubs whilst we take our time making an important signing.

cheap gambles are the 5 quid to win on the rank outsider....this has that feel you're quite right
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Genghers »

Clacton White wrote:I've given up trying to work out what Grayson is thinking . Is this Rogers better than Snoddy/Townsend?Nunez/Sam ? The level he has played at isn't that high , I think , don't know a lot about MLS admitedly ........ just strikes me as odd when other area's need more urgent work on them . If the club needed wingers he'd probably go get a central defender .
Probably won't be better than Snoddy (who could well be on the way now...), but Sam hasn't ever come back to the level he was at before he got injured and Max took over... Townsend isn't our player, and although he's got talent, he'll still pack off back to Spurs at the end of the season. Nunez isn't a winger and until we start playing him in his proper position behind the striker/s then we won't see the best of him!

I agree with Weasel in that we should wait to see him to play before we judge him. MLS has a bad rep, but there've been a few successes recently and hopefully he can give us a little boost.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by Genghers »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... f-Arsenal/

If this is true then I would happily take him on loan... But only if Snoddy goes as we definitely would have too many wingers otherwise!
User avatar
TSS
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Jan 2012 Transfer Window Rumours

Post by TSS »

Jason123 wrote:Is it bollocks this rodgers story another Grella to me garbage, looks garbage on You Tube
When I published last night - ahead of everyone else - I'd already had it confirmed via a well-known American blogger who knows his agent. Doesn't sound like the most reliable source, which is why I didn't add him to the article linked earlier, but he's always been spot on in the past and a few football league bloggers drill him for info. Andrew Haigh had also confirmed via his own source, so I was 99.9% certain of the accuracy.

Anyway, I explained the work permit application in the article below and can't understand why Leeds United are so confident? They must know something we don't? Long lost Aunt perhaps?

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/0 ... t-problem/
Post Reply