Hope this doesn't drag on for ages which is what I can see happening, then an appointment nobody wants. Its just the Bates way!!
me too. it's distracting me from my studying!! should be writing a dissertation on counter-terrorism atm but cannot focus at all. i'm gonna sue bates if i fail it
Gino 1959 wrote:Welcome to our new posters - H forgot to add that you will need a tin hat as well
Warnock I sometimes like, then, other times I feel he stirs it just for stirring's sake and I cannot have him.
I would love Martinez at ER - even tho' Wigan are getting beat more often or not he still sticks to his philosophy. No way would he leave such a supportive Chairman, tho'!
Wilkins I have always liked - an intelligent player and thinker - and Chelsea went backwards with his departure.
Ince, Keane etc - found wanting several times elsewhere and not good enough for our club.
Dan Roan @ BBC quoted as saying "Hearing from those who should know that Ken Bates’ preferred choice as new manager of Leeds Utd is Huddersfield’s Lee Clark, & not Warnock
"
I don't see him leaving Huddersfield, until he gets them promoted. Plus Bates wouldn't pay the compo they would ask for. It will be someone who isn't currently employed.
LUFCCHEF84 wrote:I don't see him leaving Huddersfield, until he gets them promoted. Plus Bates wouldn't pay the compo they would ask for. It will be someone who isn't currently employed.
Clark aint the right man.. always falls at the last hurdle, atleast Grayson actually did it in one.
It's taken clark nearly 4 years just to get out of League one.. The Championship's a diffrent league.
We need someone who has the experience of getting someone promoted from the championship to the premier league.
Ideally we need a man who can organise a strong defence......you look at QPR's defensive record last season and they were superb as well as someone who has taken teams up to the Premiership in the past. I would therefore prefer Warnock to the other candidates.......Di Matteo was sacked at west brom due to the fact that whilst they were playing great football, they were still conceding loads of goals.
As for Lee Clark and Tisdale, I think we need somone who has managed at a higher level than League one.
Duffman wrote:I must confess to being ignorant of almost everything about Huddersfield. How do you guys rate Clark and what's his footballing philosophy?
Duffman wrote:I must confess to being ignorant of almost everything about Huddersfield. How do you guys rate Clark and what's his footballing philosophy?
League One play-off places two years in a row, three Manager of the Month award in a single season since. Current unbeated (in the league and excluding play off final) run of 43 games. Lo0oking good for play offs if not automatic promotion this season. Always thought they played good football when we've come up against them.
Duffman wrote:I must confess to being ignorant of almost everything about Huddersfield. How do you guys rate Clark and what's his footballing philosophy?