O/T 6 nations

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by becchio bear »

dezzy wrote:
Suppose it was funny union players are bigger and faster since it turned pro :lol:
Oh you crack me up Dezzy :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :hahaha: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
mattj13
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: Pontefract

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by mattj13 »

dezzy wrote: Ah now if you are a rugby leauge fan saying union is shite because Ireland and Englans second teams who were thrown together two days before the game were poor, your having a laugh! I no its hard to follow a game after 5 phases but union is class! Just wait for the weekend! Hope it can live up to the 4 nations a few months ago :|
I've played at the 11th tier (I think...), and its quite obvious that further down the leagues you, the entertainment value is better!

Why were the squads 'thrown together' 2 days before an international fixture?

But yeah, that match was dire, no matter what spin is put on it.
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by dezzy »

mattj13 wrote:
I've played at the 11th tier (I think...), and its quite obvious that further down the leagues you, the entertainment value is better!

Why were the squads 'thrown together' 2 days before an international fixture?

But yeah, that match was dire, no matter what spin is put on it.
There is no longer a second string 6 nations so was a once off meanginless match, must have a contract with sky or something.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote:
None of those Northern boys know the words anyway :wink: I put the CD on and create my own atmosphere at home :-D
...great to have Gino back,ain't it !!! :roll: :roll:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Ronan »

Let's bump this up again.

Settle in...3pm...Ireland v Wales....should be a corker.....come on the boys in green !!!! :shirt: :shirt: :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Gino 1959 »

Teanam Image
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Ronan »

Jeez....the standard of rugby in the 1st half is about as good as my son's school team.....by the way his team won 24-17 yesterday !!!!!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ronan wrote:Jeez....the standard of rugby in the 1st half is about as good as my son's school team.....by the way his team won 24-17 yesterday* !!!!!
And yet the pundits are raving that this is a great typical 6 nations game :duno: Ireland getting out of jail so far, but - like Leeds - I'll take result over performance.

* not tough enough for GAA then :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Gino 1959 »

Bloody Ulsterman fecks it up for Ireland :evil:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

O/T 6 nations

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Gino 1959 wrote:Bloody Ulsterman fecks it up for Ireland :evil:
I take it Rory McIlroy is an Ulsterman if he misses a cut Gino... :roll:
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Gino 1959 »

Gino 1959 wrote:Bloody Ulsterman fecks it up for Ireland :evil:
Redeems himself :-D
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Gino 1959 »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
I take it Rory McIlroy is an Ulsterman if he misses a cut Gino... :roll:
Pot - kettle - Andy Murray :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Ronan »

....cold reality....we aren't good enough....sounds like a team in white i know.....fook...i'm pissed off !!! :twisted: :twisted:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:....cold reality....we aren't good enough....sounds like a team in white i know.....fook...i'm pissed off !!! :twisted: :twisted:
It's only union Ronan :lol: League is much better :-D :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by Ronan »

Sorry BB....league i can't get into...after LUFC....union is my thing !!

And today i'm miffed !!! :evil: :evil:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:
And yet the pundits are raving that this is a great typical 6 nations game :duno: Ireland getting out of jail so far, but - like Leeds - I'll take result over performance.

* not tough enough for GAA then :wink:
Looked like Wales got out of jail. Poor decision by the ref Stuart Barnes
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155396
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
It's only union Ronan :lol: League is much better :-D :wink: :bear:
I agree BB

Being Yorkies we would prefer RL :-D
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by becchio bear »

Ronan wrote:Sorry BB....league i can't get into...after LUFC....union is my thing !!

And today i'm miffed !!! :evil: :evil:
Each to their own Ronan, i'm a league girl :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

O/T 6 nations

Post by Dr.Leeds »

becchio bear wrote:
Each to their own Ronan, i'm a league girl :-D :bear:
I thought you would prefer 15 men to 13 BB...
Image
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T 6 nations

Post by becchio bear »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
I thought you would prefer 15 men to 13 BB...
Ha ha ha Dr very funny :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Post Reply