Warnock intentions....
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Warnock intentions....
Warnock intends to reduce the deadwood from the squad & bring in more quality players
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Warnock intentions....
sounds like a plan..1964white wrote:Warnock intends to reduce the deadwood from the squad & bring in more quality players
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Warnock intentions....
A good plan, I wonder why no-one thought of that beforeLUFCRACE wrote:
sounds like a plan..
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79006
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Warnock intentions....
can we do the same here..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Warnock intentions....
I have a four year contract here and I'll see it out in the reserves if I have to.faaip wrote:can we do the same here..

- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79006
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Warnock intentions....
we're thinking of loaning you out to a Swindon forumDr.Leeds wrote:
I have a four year contract here and I'll see it out in the reserves if I have to.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Warnock intentions....
Said in his interview today on YR
Quality as oppose to quantity
Quality as oppose to quantity
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Warnock intentions....
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Warnock intentions....
1964white wrote:Warnock intends to reduce the deadwood from the squad & bring in more quality players
nothing statement, you think any other manager wanted to have 11 s**t players in the first team and have Messi in the reserves?
Whats next, NW plans to win games?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Warnock intentions....
THAT is ace, Ems!Emsley wrote:
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Warnock intentions....
Sounds like Simon's Only-bring-in-players-who-will-strengthen-the-team plan. Very noble in theory and kind of obvious and I'd like you to find a manager whose stated intention was to bring in more deadwood.
But let's look at the player side of things - who is deadwood. Well according to various fans on various fan forums, the list would include - Rachubka, Connolly, O'Dea, O'Brien, Kisnorbo, Bromby, Bruce, Parker, Brown, Sam, Pugh, Becchio, Paynter, Rogers, Nunez, Vayrynen, Forsell and Robinson. And I've probably missed out on other players slammed as useless by the fans. Oh and Howson was also deadwood according to some.
That wouldn't leave us with much of a squad.
But let's look at the player side of things - who is deadwood. Well according to various fans on various fan forums, the list would include - Rachubka, Connolly, O'Dea, O'Brien, Kisnorbo, Bromby, Bruce, Parker, Brown, Sam, Pugh, Becchio, Paynter, Rogers, Nunez, Vayrynen, Forsell and Robinson. And I've probably missed out on other players slammed as useless by the fans. Oh and Howson was also deadwood according to some.
That wouldn't leave us with much of a squad.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Warnock intentions....
HarryofOz wrote:Sounds like Simon's Only-bring-in-players-who-will-strengthen-the-team plan. Very noble in theory and kind of obvious and I'd like you to find a manager whose stated intention was to bring in more deadwood.
But let's look at the player side of things - who is deadwood. Well according to various fans on various fan forums, the list would include - Rachubka, Connolly, O'Dea, O'Brien, Kisnorbo, Bromby, Bruce, Parker, Brown, Sam, Pugh, Becchio, Paynter, Rogers, Nunez, Vayrynen, Forsell and Robinson. And I've probably missed out on other players slammed as useless by the fans. Oh and Howson was also deadwood according to some.
That wouldn't leave us with much of a squad.
regardless of who people think should be in the squad, buying for the first team and selling from the reserves should be the plan, not sure our Chairman would allow that but still.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Warnock intentions....
EXACTLY..mav wrote:
nothing statement, you think any other manager wanted to have 11 crap players in the first team and have Messi in the reserves?
Whats next, NW plans to win games?
and It's not Warnock's job to sell the players, is it? It's Harvey's.... he couldn't do it before so what makes you think he'll be able to do it now?
Couldn't even get rid of Andy O'Brien! Couldn't get rid of Andy Robinson after all that time... Mike Grella?!
We have a budget, and we cant buy unless we sell... or get lucky and their contracts are up..
Warnock's attitude towards our great club and our wonderful chairman will change a little once the window opens, id reckon.. He'll see how things really work around here.
Side Before Self, Every Time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155173
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Warnock intentions....
Take the micky Mav but Warnock knows what is required to achieve promotion, he is past master & just the type of experienced manager we needed right now. I'm not saying he is the long term answer, if he gets us promoted in his time at Leeds he'll be a hero in the majority of fans eyes !mav wrote:
nothing statement, you think any other manager wanted to have 11 crap players in the first team and have Messi in the reserves?
Whats next, NW plans to win games?
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Warnock intentions....
My point is that 'deadwood' can be a very subjective adjectivemav wrote:
regardless of who people think should be in the squad, buying for the first team and selling from the reserves should be the plan, not sure our Chairman would allow that but still.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Warnock intentions....
HarryofOz wrote:
My point is that 'deadwood' can be a very subjective adjective
I know, I was agreeing tbh.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Warnock intentions....
He's had 7 promotions but how many has he had to the prem?..... TWO.1964white wrote:
Take the micky Mav but Warnock knows what is required to achieve promotion, he is past master & just the type of experienced manager we needed right now. I'm not saying he is the long term answer, if he gets us promoted in his time at Leeds he'll be a hero in the majority of fans eyes !
First time he got Blunts relegated, 2nd time he got sacked.
Simon knows as much about lower league promotion as Warnock does.
I'm not saying one is better than the other, or that he cant do the job... but FFS your love for this bloke is ridiculous.
Complete disrespect for a Leeds lad that turned us around and gave us 3 great years.... and a big boner for an old dude from Sheffield that has never done anything but whinge about our club.
Side Before Self, Every Time
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Warnock intentions....
Sorry misunderstood youmav wrote:
I know, I was agreeing tbh.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Warnock intentions....
1964white wrote:
Take the micky Mav but Warnock knows what is required to achieve promotion, he is past master & just the type of experienced manager we needed right now. I'm not saying he is the long term answer, if he gets us promoted in his time at Leeds he'll be a hero in the majority of fans eyes !
I wonder how well he will do when his best players are sold and he has f**k all money to spend on replacements?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- mchldavies7
- First Team

- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: Mooching about..
Re: Warnock intentions....
Anyone happen to know what Wilko's opinion of us was before he took charge?..just wondering
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"