More Positive stuff from Warnock

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jason123
First Team
First Team

More Positive stuff from Warnock

Post by Jason123 »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-4401332

O'Dea on a free is a good deal

Hopefully Snodgrass will stay, one i worry about the most can see him rejecting contract and going, however being made captain more responsibility etc

Mutual friend knows Aidy and he says every footballer rejects 1st deal, Leeds have not come with a 2nd offer yet, he said he has no intention of leaving just wants a contract he deserves..... dont think its too ott.

McCormack - not sure the story here, would expect him to sign...

Clayton again given the opportunity to progress nice to see him stay.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: More Positive stuff from Warnock

Post by lufc1304 »

Jason123 wrote:http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-4401332

O'Dea on a free is a good deal

Hopefully Snodgrass will stay, one i worry about the most can see him rejecting contract and going, however being made captain more responsibility etc

Mutual friend knows Aidy and he says every footballer rejects 1st deal, Leeds have not come with a 2nd offer yet, he said he has no intention of leaving just wants a contract he deserves..... dont think its too ott.

McCormack - not sure the story here, would expect him to sign...

Clayton again given the opportunity to progress nice to see him stay.
O'Dea is a strange one. Has looked much more assured since Warnock arrived but still has a tendency to switch off in games. NW obviously rates him, but does that mean he thinks Tom Lees isn't going to cut it as a centre half? Cos you can be pretty certain that an exprienced centre half is on the shopping list. Maybe young Tom at right back :duno:

Snoddy worries me as well, just have a gut feeling he'll go. Hope not, but Warnock will have considered that contingency in his plans, I'm sure.

Pretty confident the other 3 will sign extensions or new deals. Tying down all 5 would be a decent show of intent for a change and give NW a nucleus to build round.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

For me the O'Dea thing is probably just the right thing to say to keep him motivated. Not sure he is decent enough even as a freebie. I suppose a lot depends on which centre backs are available given our budget.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

weasel wrote:For me the O'Dea thing is probably just the right thing to say to keep him motivated. Not sure he is decent enough even as a freebie. I suppose a lot depends on which centre backs are available given our budget.
That's a good point regarding motivation, although I dare say at this level, O'Dea on a free is a good signing. It's going to be some sort of combination between O'Dea and Lees with an experienced centre back...but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have real strong competition. In the past season (and indeed at present now O'Dea is suspended) we only ever have a backup plan with regards to defenders, never real competition to retain the place. Having three would allow NW to mix depending on the opposition, and could quite easily rotate the players as needed, but still have a preferred partnership.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

theleedsmango wrote:
That's a good point regarding motivation, although I dare say at this level, O'Dea on a free is a good signing. It's going to be some sort of combination between O'Dea and Lees with an experienced centre back...but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have real strong competition. In the past season (and indeed at present now O'Dea is suspended) we only ever have a backup plan with regards to defenders, never real competition to retain the place. Having three would allow NW to mix depending on the opposition, and could quite easily rotate the players as needed, but still have a preferred partnership.
And where would Bruce and Bromby fit into your plans? Do we still have Kis on our books?? :shock:
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

I've said it before...O'Dea looks a much better player at international level - so not sure what happens when he pulls on the white shirt :duno:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Healy.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Carrick Dave wrote:Healy.
Dave, that would have been a good point a couple of seasons ago, but now Healy looks sh*t for country as well as club!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Think we all have to wait and see how much money Uncle Ken is going to make available first.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Think we all have to wait and see how much money Uncle Ken is going to make available first.
He has done in the past

Healy, Cresswell, Blake, Collins, Bromby, Pugh & probably a few more too all cost money :shock:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Yes i agree with all those the only problem i can see is they were over a few seasons where as now we need it all at once thats could be the problem now the Delph stand is finished.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote:
Dave, that would have been a good point a couple of seasons ago, but now Healy looks sh*t for country as well as club!
When you are sub/don't get a game for Norn Ireland, then, your career really is on the skids.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.