O/T Thank the lord for common sense

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: O/T Thank the lord for common sense

Post by Carrick Dave »

No, but I've been in a few Scots...
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Carrick Dave wrote:No, but I've been in a few Scots...
Ok. You a Scot or a spudan? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Don Revie once said of me "When he trots the bog on snow he leaves no footprints".
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Carrick Dave wrote:Don Revie once said of me "When he trots the bog on snow he leaves no footprints".
Are you Gino in disguise? :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

He wishes. Gino :tup:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

MeeTa wrote:
Good post mate, fully agreed
+1

As a relative newbie, I can't comment on the impact on the forum of some 'old' posters no longer being involved, though I'm happy to accept what other veterans have posted. Perhaps though, as others have said, the fluid nature of a forum means people will come and go :duno: In my time on here, a few have disappeared (Riot and Silky being perhaps the most notable) and I would love to see them back, even though we didn't always agree.

What I do know is the reason I love this forum is that there isn't a single person on here who I woudn't want to eventually meet, preferably at a revitalised ER, to discuss football, music, politics whatever and know that, even if our views on subjects differed wildly, we'd still treat each other with respect and behave like adults. In my view, this is a cracking little forum peopled by a broad spectrum of individuals with different morals, values and life experiences but who, with the odd very rare exception, treat each other as they themselves would wish to be treated. My tuppence worth, for what it's worth :)
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

lufc1304 wrote:
+1

As a relative newbie, I can't comment on the impact on the forum of some 'old' posters no longer being involved, though I'm happy to accept what other veterans have posted. Perhaps though, as others have said, the fluid nature of a forum means people will come and go :duno: In my time on here, a few have disappeared (Riot and Silky being perhaps the most notable) and I would love to see them back, even though we didn't always agree.

What I do know is the reason I love this forum is that there isn't a single person on here who I woudn't want to eventually meet, preferably at a revitalised ER, to discuss football, music, politics whatever and know that, even if our views on subjects differed wildly, we'd still treat each other with respect and behave like adults. In my view, this is a cracking little forum peopled by a broad spectrum of individuals with different morals, values and life experiences but who, with the odd very rare exception, treat each other as they themselves would wish to be treated. My tuppence worth, for what it's worth :)
This is the pure phase - you need to get out if it quick, this message will be deleted by boisterous admins in.... :wink:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Carrick Dave, the clue's in the name! Welcome aboard mate :tup:

BTW, I know a Dave from Carrick who's a big Leeds fan, but he was originally from Yorkshire, that's not you, is it?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

:tup: 1304, well said. Met another Leeds diehard this morning at a car boot in Newtownabbey.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

No, I'm pure Norn Iron.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Carrick Dave wrote::tup: 1304, well said. Met another Leeds diehard this morning at a car boot in Newtownabbey.
It's surprising how many of us there are over here. Not half as many as the 'gloryboys', but the mighty whites are well represented in Norn Iron :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Carrick Dave wrote::roflmao: Guys, read a lot, dinnae post often, but for what it's worth this is the only forum that makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD on a regular basis - Faaip, Emsley, take a bow for the "Penis Pie" episode on the T/O thread...
Gino will be crushed...cheers Dave and you should post more...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:
+1

bloody name change would help...only 64 should be allowed a number...and only then coz we've been "conversing" now for 5 years...

only kidding, though I do find it harder to identify with user names having a number and being LUFC related..I guess because there are loads on Waccoe...I think from now I'm gonna call you Lisburn
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:
bloody name change would help...only 64 should be allowed a number...and only then coz we've been "conversing" now for 5 years...

only kidding, though I do find it harder to identify with user names having a number and being LUFC related..I guess because there are loads on Waccoe...I think from now I'm gonna call you Lisburn
Call me Lisburn, call me Nick (actual name), call me whatever faaip, I just love the craic, the banter and, although this is a football forum, I really love the MD thread. Been introduced to so much new music I would probably never have checked out it if I hadn't join on here :tup: :tup: :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Carrick Dave wrote::roflmao: Guys, read a lot, dinnae post often, but for what it's worth this is the only forum that makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD on a regular basis - Faaip, Emsley, take a bow for the "Penis Pie" episode on the T/O thread...
WAHEY! Someone likes us! :tup: On the whole mate, this is a fun place to be. Like our club, it has the much cliched ups and downs, but we muddle along by getting along together. Mostly. Sometimes. Oh ok then, hardly ever! :roflmao:

Seriously tho (WHAAAT? :shock: ), please feel welcome to post more on here. Good post this one of yours. :-D
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

CSA wrote:
Have I missed something here, are you upset because this MB isn't a clique anymore with just a cosy few posters who all agree with one another, the great thing i have always found about this place is it's moderation, and it's ability to debate without descending into the infantile nastiness of Waccoe. you have always struck me as a decent kind who can 'fight his corner' (as you have proved with the likes of me and WR) things evolve posters come and go, we have to move on and deal with it. If i am honest there isn't anyone on here who I wouldn't stand a pint if we were ever met up. MOT...
Yup, got it in one. ;)

Actually, it's more cliquey now than it ever was. Oh, and I'll let you buy me a pint if we ever meet up. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote:
Call me Lisburn, call me Nick (actual name), call me whatever faaip, I just love the craic, the banter and, although this is a football forum, I really love the MD thread. Been introduced to so much new music I would probably never have checked out it if I hadn't join on here :tup: :tup: :tup:

cheers, Nick it is...not telling you mine, though I would make a "perfect cousin".........
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Faaip, Twiggster, Nick - good to talk to you. Let's hope we're all on here after Christmas howling on the wind, rather than Pis*ing against it.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

lufc1304 wrote:

I know what i will call you, and i expect this to be your favorite artist:

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote:

cheers, Nick it is...not telling you mine, though I would make a "perfect cousin".........
Nice one, cousin Kevin. I'm sure you'll go to heaven!!!!