If you could bring ONE back...
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- theleedsmango
- First Team

- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm
If you could bring ONE back...
...who would it be?
Which of these 'best players of modern times' do you think would have added the most to our current team? Doesn't matter why they left, how recently they left etc.
Which of these 'best players of modern times' do you think would have added the most to our current team? Doesn't matter why they left, how recently they left etc.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
It's between Beckford and Gradel for me right now. Went for Gradel though, as although Becks and Becchio complimented each other well, Max was provider for plenty of Becchio's goals and had that unpredictability which we've lacked since he left.
Of course I'd take all of them back ideally, except maybe Delph as he's not impressed me the last few times I've seen him (discounting his loan where he wasn't fully fit).
I honestly think that if we had kept Beckford and then Johnson we would be in the Premiership by now - just look at Norwich's midfield, they should be in for Maxi next.
Of course I'd take all of them back ideally, except maybe Delph as he's not impressed me the last few times I've seen him (discounting his loan where he wasn't fully fit).
I honestly think that if we had kept Beckford and then Johnson we would be in the Premiership by now - just look at Norwich's midfield, they should be in for Maxi next.
- CardiffWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
I went for Beckford very closely followed by Mad-Max.
Has Twiggs got round to voting for Howson yet?
:fish1:
Has Twiggs got round to voting for Howson yet?
- patlufc
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 872
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
- Location: Armley
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
I went for Howson, I thnk we missed him in midfield when he was injured and then sold.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Your vote seems to be invisible Patpatlufc wrote:I went for Howson, I thnk we missed him in midfield when he was injured and then sold.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
This is just a perfect opportunity for Twiggsbecchio bear wrote:
Your vote seems to be invisible Pat![]()
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- drsdadsotherson
- First Team

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
I had a thunk about it (Like a think, but denser) and narrowed it down to two options.
Strangely enough, they are the only two options that have so far been voted for. Seems like we have a concensus!
Strangely enough, they are the only two options that have so far been voted for. Seems like we have a concensus!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Nah he's too busy knocking BecchioHarryofOz wrote:
This is just a perfect opportunity for Twiggs
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Automatically went for gradel.
Funny how he was sold for peanuts and delph went for 6 mil.
Funny how he was sold for peanuts and delph went for 6 mil.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155154
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- theleedsmango
- First Team

- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Hmmm I thought Snods and Howson would have scored higher. I voted Gradel mainly because we've a solid team and we need alot more flair. If we had a weaker, inexperienced but more attacking team (similar to last year) I think I would want Snods or Howson in there.
Johnson was just put in for the banter
Johnson was just put in for the banter
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
It was always going to be a toss-up between Max and JB. Went for Max; as mango says, we lack flair, he has it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
I chose Max as he could always turn a game on its head. The only player I've been truly gutted about losing this decade, of the ones on the list.
Kilkenny would have been my choice if on the list tho
Kilkenny would have been my choice if on the list tho
-
Genghers
- Superstar

- Posts: 5801
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
- Location: Newcastle
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Twiggster wrote:I chose Max as he could always turn a game on its head. The only player I've been truly gutted about losing this decade, of the ones on the list.
Kilkenny would have been my choice if on the list tho
The only one not playing at a higher level than when he left?
- JHWhites
- Ballboy

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:52 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Gradel was brilliant, he could run for hours, tracked back, and was great going forward. If we had him on the opposite wing to Snodgrass and Becchio and McCormack up front, we'd have been unstoppable!
-
joluafc4eva
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Love your avatarJHWhites wrote:Gradel was brilliant, he could run for hours, tracked back, and was great going forward. If we had him on the opposite wing to Snodgrass and Becchio and McCormack up front, we'd have been unstoppable!
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14808
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
+1 on the avatarJHWhites wrote:Gradel was brilliant, he could run for hours, tracked back, and was great going forward. If we had him on the opposite wing to Snodgrass and Becchio and McCormack up front, we'd have been unstoppable!
Welcome aboard, JH
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Based on the current line-up, would take Gradel back in a heartbeat. Howson would be my second choice.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- PaulUSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2197
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Arlington, VA
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
Though Snoddy was my favourite among the payers listed, I voted for Beckford because I think the current team could use his explosive, creative scoring touch. Maybe he's lost his edge or is simply a L1 scoring phenom, but I'd like to see him get another shot. A return of Max would be interesting too. -- although I tend to remember how he lost his head in key matches (like the promotion match) and coyld've cost us everything. Not the sharpest tool in the shed..?.
Helplessly hoping
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155154
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: If you could bring ONE back...
joluafc4eva wrote: Love your avatar
Me too !
Welcome JH