I thought that as I typed it, so in penance for agreeing with the old coot I have cut out my spleen.Twiggster wrote:
According to Ken Bates, yes.
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- drsdadsotherson
- First Team

- Posts: 1689
- Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
-
Armleywhite
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
My take on LUST recently is that they are so despearte to rid us of Bates they seem to be grasping at straws, which then makes them look a tad silly when making statements such as the aforementioned.
-
El Es Six
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 345
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I agree. Since the first announcement by LUFC LUST have always seemed more concerned with appearing "in the know" about the "investment" above anything else. They should have kept quiet and then tried to work with the new owners if and when it came about. They look like busy bodies trying to get in on something that doesn't concern them (yet).drsdadsotherson wrote:Option 1. LUST have been feeding everyone garbage since their inception.
Option 2. LUST actually ARE in contact with the buyers, and out of stubborn pride are trying to prove it. This will ensure that everyone knows the confidentiality agreement was broken and could scupper the deal altogether.
Either way, LUST are morons.
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
LUST are acting on behalf of their 8,500 members, the majority of which have desperate for an update over the past 5 months.
In the absence of the club or GFH providing the fans with anything of any substance the trust have acted in the best interests of their membership and made moves to deliver what information they can whilst not landing anyone in trouble.
I don't see what motivation they would have to lie to their own fellow Leeds fans. If someone can give me a plausible reason as to why they'd do this I'm listening. I don't, for even a second, buy into the idea that they are doing it to increase membership.
In the absence of the club or GFH providing the fans with anything of any substance the trust have acted in the best interests of their membership and made moves to deliver what information they can whilst not landing anyone in trouble.
I don't see what motivation they would have to lie to their own fellow Leeds fans. If someone can give me a plausible reason as to why they'd do this I'm listening. I don't, for even a second, buy into the idea that they are doing it to increase membership.
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
-
white.riot
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Be better if they acted on behalf of the club - it will (thanks in no small measure to Bates) be here long after the 8.5k have given up the ghost. The club says LUST are being unhelpful. I think GFH are saying the same but LUST plough on regardless. Even if the 8.5k attend every game (I doubt very much if they do, most seem to be estranged for one reason or another) there's at least another 12k out there who deserve consideration.Vausey wrote:LUST are acting on behalf of their 8,500 members, the majority of which have desperate for an update over the past 5 months.
In the absence of the club or GFH providing the fans with anything of any substance the trust have acted in the best interests of their membership and made moves to deliver what information they can whilst not landing anyone in trouble.
I don't see what motivation they would have to lie to their own fellow Leeds fans. If someone can give me a plausible reason as to why they'd do this I'm listening. I don't, for even a second, buy into the idea that they are doing it to increase membership.
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Surely their MO is to work on behalf of and represent their members?white.riot wrote:
Be better if they acted on behalf of the club - it will (thanks in no small measure to Bates) be here long after the 8.5k have given up the ghost. The club says LUST are being unhelpful. I think GFH are saying the same but LUST plough on regardless. Even if the 8.5k attend every game (I doubt very much if they do, most seem to be estranged for one reason or another) there's at least another 12k out there who deserve consideration.
The statement released tonight is completely unnecessary. It serves to give no update on the situation, as previous statements have, and singles out one organisation to discredit. I notice The Sun was left unmentioned despite running the Pamela Anderson story - a story which David Haigh indirectly tweeted about describing as rubbish.
I genuinely think this statement was made to appease Bates. Why would GFHC be alienating supporters groups before they're even in charge unless it is to improve their chances of having successful negotiations with the chairman?
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
100% James. See my post above. Hopefully this will be bates' last dig at the Trust and Leeds fans in general, before fekking off... Hoping to leave a mess behind him on the supporters front. Bitter senile old fukker having a last fling at those who brought about this take over in the first place.Vausey wrote:
I genuinely think this statement was made to appease Bates. Why would GFHC be alienating supporters groups before they're even in charge unless it is to improve their chances of having successful negotiations with the chairman?
-
white.riot
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
"The main objective of a supporters' trust is to provide a vehicle for fans to influence the running of their club. This is achieved by a number of different strategies, including gaining control by fundraising to finance the acquisition of shares in the club or direct board representation".Vausey wrote:
Surely their MO is to work on behalf of and represent their members?
The statement released tonight is completely unnecessary. It serves to give no update on the situation, as previous statements have, and singles out one organisation to discredit. I notice The Sun was left unmentioned despite running the Pamela Anderson story - a story which David Haigh indirectly tweeted about describing as rubbish.
I genuinely think this statement was made to appease Bates. Why would GFHC be alienating supporters groups before they're even in charge unless it is to improve their chances of having successful negotiations with the chairman?
LUST appears to be achieving the exact opposite of what trusts are about. I have watched with interest as more and more posters on here distance themselves from LUST. Likely to be representative I think. Time for a rethink?
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Great posts Vausey.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Really?Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Yes proves that lust should shut up now!!!!!
They have been working with Leeds since June??? I do feel that's how bates persuaded Colin to come to us
Despite the fact that Warnock joined in February?
You are so far up riot's arse that you now share his beliefs about Bates's psychic abilities - that he persuaded a respected manager to join us on the basis that 4 months later a mysterious group of investors would start to talk to us.
What colour is the sky on planet riot?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Guildford White wrote:
Really?
Despite the fact that Warnock joined in February?
You are so far up riot's arse that you now share his beliefs about Bates's psychic abilities - that he persuaded a respected manager to join us on the basis that 4 months later a mysterious group of investors would start to talk to us.
What colour is the sky on planet riot?
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
He must of known that things was moving along!!!!Guildford White wrote:
Really?
Despite the fact that Warnock joined in February?
You are so far up riot's arse that you now share his beliefs about Bates's psychic abilities - that he persuaded a respected manager to join us on the basis that 4 months later a mysterious group of investors would start to talk to us.
What colour is the sky on planet riot?
Do you really think warnock at his time of career would want to join a club who's chairman won't spend a penny,struggle along like Grayson did to get us promotion!!!!
C'MON!!! I don't!!!
-
white.riot
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Guildford White wrote:
Really?
Despite the fact that Warnock joined in February?
You are so far up riot's arse that you now share his beliefs about Bates's psychic abilities - that he persuaded a respected manager to join us on the basis that 4 months later a mysterious group of investors would start to talk to us.
What colour is the sky on planet riot?
Too much claret Martin ?
-
Armleywhite
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I can see those forearms bulging with every post on here ;)
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
The funniest thing is people taking the joint statement as gospel
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I think that is what has actually been said, why would the club make a statement that is a clear black or white lie?
They have lied in the past but nothing so easy to disprove.
So either LUST are talking s**t or the current and potential future owners are talking s**t.
They have lied in the past but nothing so easy to disprove.
So either LUST are talking s**t or the current and potential future owners are talking s**t.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Vausey
- Youth Team

- Posts: 62
- Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm
- Location: Pontefract
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
The statement is so carefully worded so as to make fans instantly lose their support of the trust, but if you read it carefully it doesn't actually contradict anything they have made public.mav wrote:I think that is what has actually been said, why would the club make a statement that is a clear black or white lie?
They have lied in the past but nothing so easy to disprove.
So either LUST are talking crap or the current and potential future owners are talking crap.
"nor any employee of GFH Capital have spoken to LUST" - well Gary said he had a contact but never claimed it to be a direct one (and has since come to light to be a PR firm).
"GFH Capital has been working with the current owners since June" - they knew that, too. It's only that back then it was believed GFHC were a conduit. This statement would have had a lot more impact had it said "GFHC have been looking to buy the club since June", but it doesn't because they weren't
The club statement is holier than Jesus.
I don't feel any anger towards David Haigh or Salem Patel because I think they've seen this as a necessary evil, and if it leads to the ultimate goal of the club being rid of Bates then so be it.
Leeds Fans - You are the reason I got up yesterday. The reason I got up today and the reason I will get up tomorrow
MOT
MOT
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
That's the same point that I raised.Vausey wrote:
"GFH Capital has been working with the current owners since June" - they knew that, too. It's only that back then it was believed GFHC were a conduit. This statement would have had a lot more impact had it said "GFHC have been looking to buy the club since June", but it doesn't because they weren't![]()
When people in big business speak, always look for nuances, they use disinformation by second nature
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
white.riot
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
Vausey wrote:
The statement is so carefully worded so as to make fans instantly lose their support of the trust
"nor any employee of GFH Capital have spoken to LUST" - well Gary said he had a contact but never claimed it to be a direct one (and has since come to light to be a PR firm).
I think you'll find support for LUST has been eroding for some time other than with the ex pats [and in Surrey which is much the same thing]. They have played just about every card wrong throughout the takeover. If LUST were in the know wouldn't our goalie be out and about making the unifying statements he was brought in to make - is Nige still involved or has he cut his losses? Club before self LUST, you know it makes sense!
For the record I made contact with a major finance house myself today. I didn't speak to the CEO, I simply asked the bank clerk to cash a cheque for me
Last edited by white.riot on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Drs.Dad
- Manager

- Posts: 3048
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm
Re: Official TOMA (Take Over My Arse) thread
I'm no fan of LUST..... but the way that last 'joint' statement has been worded, I detect Kuddly's heavy hand guiding the pen in an effort to make Cooper and Co look absolutely stupid.
