I think bates has been one of our best chairmen of recent times and has worked hard to steer us through a difficult patch in the clubs history. I believe he has the interests of the club at the forefront of his mind and in staying through a transitional period he is proving this. I also believe that him staying on as president would be to leave some kind of legacy, and in some ways I think he does perhaps deserve this. However, some things are unacceptable and his manner towards fans in some instances cannot be forgotten. There is too much apathy towards bates from too many fans to make that position tenable for him.
For your own sake and more importantly if you do have the interests of Leeds United at heart then at the end of this season Mr Bates please pack your bags and move on.
I think we are tapping for a lost cause here.
They wont upset any balance they have achieved, and telling bates to clear off might just make him back track the deal
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
hector wrote:
why is that? just out of interest ..
I don't have many problems with Ken Bates..He's done a god job here under difficult circumstances and I've never wavered in my belief he has the best interests of the club at heart.
the line he only has his own interests at heart is not going to illicit a response from me,
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
The takeover goes through, we got a pair of decent signings (premier league players that everyone was begging for) and looked solid for the first time in ages.
But people are still obsessing over Bates? I wanted new leaders in charge because Bates wasn't the best man to take this club forward. But now we have GFH, I don't need to focus on Bates at all. This petition will do nowt. No one outside of the Leeds fan base know Bates is our president. Silly petitions like this will not change his position, but will draw attention to the club from neutrals...making us a slight laughing stock that we are still moaning about Bates.
I thought the days of topics dedicated to Bates, and converging to Bates, were long gone. But there seems to be a minority who will always want some sort of cause to fight. Can't we leave this for the trust to sort out, they must be at a loss.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Thing is tho - I've seen it reported that GFHC have NEVER said he will be chairman at the end of the season. Only bates has stated this. The more the new owners read about the fans' resentment of bates wanting this position, the less chance he will get it.
I don't have many problems with Ken Bates..He's done a god job here under difficult circumstances and I've never wavered in my belief he has the best interests of the club at heart.
the line he only has his own interests at heart is not going to illicit a response from me,
The takeover goes through, we got a pair of decent signings (premier league players that everyone was begging for) and looked solid for the first time in ages.
But people are still obsessing over Bates? I wanted new leaders in charge because Bates wasn't the best man to take this club forward. But now we have GFH, I don't need to focus on Bates at all. This petition will do nowt. No one outside of the Leeds fan base know Bates is our president. Silly petitions like this will not change his position, but will draw attention to the club from neutrals...making us a slight laughing stock that we are still moaning about Bates.
I thought the days of topics dedicated to Bates, and converging to Bates, were long gone. But there seems to be a minority who will always want some sort of cause to fight. Can't we leave this for the trust to sort out, they must be at a loss.
Whilst bates is in any way involved with our club, there will be topics about him. I and others will let it go only when all links twixt him and LUFC have been severed.
To Mango - he ISN'T our President. He WANTS to be.
The protest is to try and prevent this happening.
Your point that "nobody outside LUFC knows he is president" is plainly naive. If (god forbid) he does become president, the whole world will know - because HE will tell the world how he "saved us".
Twiggster wrote:Whilst bates is in any way involved with our club, there will be topics about him. I and others will let it go only when all links twixt him and LUFC have been severed.
To Mango - he ISN'T our President. He WANTS to be.
The protest is to try and prevent this happening.
Your point that "nobody outside LUFC knows he is president" is plainly naive. If (god forbid) he does become president, the whole world will know - because HE will tell the world how he "saved us".
I'm sorry but we cannot continue with the horrible atmosphere at ER if we wish to progress...Time to move on !
1964white wrote:
I'm sorry but we cannot continue with the horrible atmosphere at ER if we wish to progress...Time to move on !
Horrible atmosphere caused by bates and bates alone. Still many many decades long die hard fans will stay away, as long as bates is in any way involved at LUFC and profiting by doing so, at the fans' expense.
Sad but true.
Twiggster wrote:
Horrible atmosphere caused by bates and bates alone. Still many many decades long die hard fans will stay away, as long as bates is in any way involved at LUFC and profiting by doing so, at the fans' expense.
Sad but true.
Horrible atmosphere beginning to emerge on here, You Need to Stop this obsession with all thing Bates