Absolute madness....when will motorists ever learn ?
Ice & frost everywhere here in the Wolds...it is blatantly obvious that if there are ice puddles on the side of the road & the verges are white there is a huge likelihood of black ice on the roads. One of the accidents on the main A166 road to Bridlington the young lass was pulled out with just bruises & scratches after her car rolled over twice before ending up in the ditch. The road was a potential hazard & the back roads were treacherous as i passed this incident. I had cars flying behind me at 60/70mph as i crawled in 3rd gear, i just indicate & allow these idiots to pass me. Even a learner driver being taught by a driving school on a downhill icebound back road was going quicker than me...the blind leading the blind i suggest....Drivers have to understand if they drive in a lower gear & change down before they approach a bend as oppose to tapping their brakes they are less likely to encounter a spin/skid !
Believe me this little old man drives quickly when the conditions are good...i don't hang about but i do adopt cautionary procedures in adversed conditions, Some daft bint behind me hadn't even cleared the ice off her windscreen & was driving without her lights on in half-light this morning
Thats the trouble with some folk - they automatically think because they have a drivers licence and a warm cosy car that the outside world isn't real. Well it is when you're rolling in to a field and your s~it's getting ruined.
A government advertising thingy-ma-bob informing simple ways to improve your chances in the snow and ice wouldn't hurt. i ride my bike in the fields if you hit mud going down hill and try and fight it you fall off, experience has taught me to slide with the bike to stay on.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Emsley wrote:Thats the trouble with some folk - they automatically think because they have a drivers licence and a warm cosy car that the outside world isn't real. Well it is when you're rolling in to a field and your s~it's getting ruined.
A government advertising thingy-ma-bob informing simple ways to improve your chances in the snow and ice wouldn't hurt. i ride my bike in the fields if you hit mud going down hill and try and fight it you fall off, experience has taught me to slide with the bike to stay on.
Very true Ems, lack of experience, awareness, concentration, common-sense are the main cause for the majority of accidents
1964white wrote:Some daft bint behind me hadn't even cleared the ice off her windscreen & was driving without her lights on in half-light this morning
If she had a flat tyre as well it was BB
-4 when I left home at 07:30 this morning and one of my water jets, which are heated, packed up during part of the drive.
When I got it working again drops of water were turning to ice before my eyes - crazy driving conditions, but still the usual quota of idiots believing they are indestructible
Gino 1959 wrote:
If she had a flat tyre as well it was BB
-4 when I left home at 07:30 this morning and one of my water jets, which are heated, packed up during part of the drive.
When I got it working again drops of water were turning to ice before my eyes - crazy driving conditions, but still the usual quota of idiots believing they are indestructible
Cheeky sod! I did indeed have a flat tyre but spent ages clearing ice from my windscreen and had my lights on this morning.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
It's absolutely staggering the number if new drivers with little or no experience try to drive like stig blomquist (sp). I honestly believe that a lot of the present instructors do little to make the newuns prepared enough for the future after passing the tests.
Armleywhite wrote:It's absolutely staggering the number if new drivers with little or no experience try to drive like stig blomquist (sp). I honestly believe that a lot of the present instructors do little to make the newuns prepared enough for the future after passing the tests.
Agree Armley i do wonder about the mindset of some of the current crop of driving instructors.....problem being many learner drivers never drive in extreme conditions on their lessons.....And then there is getting to grips with motorway driving which is totally alien to those who pass their test
ITV looking at this very subject tonight by coincidence. Similar conversation on some other thread that went O/T, but the rules are a lot tougher in Ireland (North and South) for new drivers in an effort to combat incidents such as a recent case where a 17 year old, who had passed his test 2 days earlier, died along with his 16 year old girlfriend.
Gino 1959 wrote:ITV looking at this very subject tonight by coincidence. Similar conversation on some other thread that went O/T, but the rules are a lot tougher in Ireland (North and South) for new drivers in an effort to combat incidents such as a recent case where a 17 year old, who had passed his test 2 days earlier, died along with his 16 year old girlfriend.
A young intelligent lass from our area lost her life only a few weeks ago, only been driving two months i'm led to believe
Not only the dangerous speeds they think they can handle, but the anger?? If you happen to not be travelling the speed of a moving bullet, their up your arse ( ) banging on the horn with their faces stuck to the inside of the windscreen that has the appearance of a cathedral gargoyle.
(I wonder how many more double entendre's there is. )
Cheeky sod! I did indeed have a flat tyre but spent ages clearing ice from my windscreen and had my lights on this morning.
Surely you'd have your lights on in any kind of bad weather? In scandyland your lights come on automatically when you start your car engine. Against the law not to have your lights on at any time. See and be seen.
Mind you, cars over here have heated seats as well!
Twiggster wrote:
Surely you'd have your lights on in any kind of bad weather? In scandyland your lights come on automatically when you start your car engine. Against the law not to have your lights on at any time. See and be seen.
Mind you, cars over here have heated seats as well!
I was actually replying to an earlier post Of course I have my lights on in bad weather. I find Scandinavian made cars and their constantly on lights an annoyance over here tbh.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear wrote:
I was actually replying to an earlier post Of course I have my lights on in bad weather. I find Scandinavian made cars and their constantly on lights an annoyance over here tbh.
Should be obligatory world wide - if it means you can be seen and see and saves your life, WHAT could be an annoyance about that?