You've been on just the one tour then? Not being argumentative, just asking. What are their opening hours btw for the tours? As I said earlier where do they fit the time in to do cleaning and maintenance?revie-era wrote:
BB
During the February half term holidays I tried to book a ground tour at ER for 2 mini bus loads of kids from our junior club
Alas, I was unable to book at Leeds due to the number(!!) of tours the club runs.
An executive (!!??) decision was then taken to take the kids to M** u** and as secretary, the task fell upon me to make the necessary arrangements.
We were booked in, if my memory serves me right at 3pm.
As you can imagine during the school holidays, the Theatre of Wet Dreams was throbbing with excitable types from all corners of the world. I asked the chap who guided us round how many tours were booked on the day; we were tour 37 out of 45 booked that day. The tours overlap each other - ie, set off approx 20 minute intervals with approx 20-40 on each tour. (we had 32). On busy days (which I presume are during the school holidays, the tours set off from various points thus enabling them to get more punters through the door). I would expect 45 to be out of the ordinary and I'm sure on normal working days the avarage number would be much less, but the point is surely made.
That said, there is no doubt the tours at MU are ripe with Plastic Reds, - pathetic false supporters who cling to a winning team, nothing to match the passion we have at ER and those who tread these pages.
100 ways to improve our club
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
The scum tour, if run on a rolling basis, sounds literally that. A tour round the stadium "on a conveyor belt" and ushered out the other end?
I like the LUFC tours (been on two, both with McLelland and with Stix) and both were a mine of information about the history of the ground and players past and present and there was a question and answer session with the hosts. All very informal and fascinating.
On the tour with Stix, he took photos of me in the tunnel with my camera (as I was on my own) and after the tour we chatted a lot, about the old stadium back in the 60's etc.
I do agree tho that we should have daily tours in school holidays, to get the interest going with todays' kids, with a current player present to sign autographs etc.
I like the LUFC tours (been on two, both with McLelland and with Stix) and both were a mine of information about the history of the ground and players past and present and there was a question and answer session with the hosts. All very informal and fascinating.
On the tour with Stix, he took photos of me in the tunnel with my camera (as I was on my own) and after the tour we chatted a lot, about the old stadium back in the 60's etc.
I do agree tho that we should have daily tours in school holidays, to get the interest going with todays' kids, with a current player present to sign autographs etc.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Maybe have a competition every week for someone to captain the starting eleven.becchio bear wrote:Maybe have a competition every month for someone to win a mascot place for their child?
Oops - they already do
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
For those who are old enough to remember, when Bill Shankly was Liverpool manager and the man who started the incredible Liverpool run (quote: "Some people say football is a matter of life and death - Oh no, it's much more important than that!") there was a sign posted above the door from the away team's changing room exit onto the pitch -
THIS IS ANFIELD
- I'm not sure that -
THIS IS ELLAND ROAD
- would have quite the same impact, given our impoverished human resources, but it may be worth a try, right after we get promotion.
Well, it is the New Year
THIS IS ANFIELD
- I'm not sure that -
THIS IS ELLAND ROAD
- would have quite the same impact, given our impoverished human resources, but it may be worth a try, right after we get promotion.
Well, it is the New Year
-
gessa
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Or expand on it withNorm wrote:
THIS IS ELLAND ROAD
GOD HELP YOU
THIS IS ELLAND ROAD
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Gessa,
That's a good thought!
I like it. It just goes to show that brainstorming can work!
That's a good thought!
I like it. It just goes to show that brainstorming can work!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Twiggster wrote:The scum tour, if run on a rolling basis, sounds literally that. A tour round the stadium "on a conveyor belt" and ushered out the other end?
I like the LUFC tours (been on two, both with McLelland and with Stix) and both were a mine of information about the history of the ground and players past and present and there was a question and answer session with the hosts. All very informal and fascinating.
On the tour with Stix, he took photos of me in the tunnel with my camera (as I was on my own) and after the tour we chatted a lot, about the old stadium back in the 60's etc.
I do agree tho that we should have daily tours in school holidays, to get the interest going with todays' kids, with a current player present to sign autographs etc.
This was the kind of post I was thinking of putting last night but couldn't be arsed
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
joluafc4eva
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Also lighting for the carparks in the winter months, ie after the clocks go back - would make it a damn sight easier to see (no pun intended there) where you are walking and where your damned car is.drsdadsotherson wrote:Oh, and PLEASE GOD resurface and set up drainage for the car parks!
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Is the parking lot space so bad Jo?
I had no idea. Of course, living 4000 miles away doesn't help me to understand the current site.
Tell you all what though - I'd just love to be able to park within distance of ER.
I'd happily live in a camper on site - can anybody imagine what it would be like to awake next to the ground?
You know what - I envisioned getting my season ticket (to go with my 1st class free rail ticket) and watching all Leeds Utd fixtures, but life intervened, as it does.
Oh well!
I had no idea. Of course, living 4000 miles away doesn't help me to understand the current site.
Tell you all what though - I'd just love to be able to park within distance of ER.
I'd happily live in a camper on site - can anybody imagine what it would be like to awake next to the ground?
You know what - I envisioned getting my season ticket (to go with my 1st class free rail ticket) and watching all Leeds Utd fixtures, but life intervened, as it does.
Oh well!
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Though it might be a handy reminder to some of the t@ssers playing for us ATM where they are privileged to be.Norm wrote:
- I'm not sure that -
THIS IS ELLAND ROAD
- would have quite the same impact, given our impoverished human resources, but it may be worth a try, right after we get promotion.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
I think
WE ARE LEEDS
would have a greater impact......
WE ARE LEEDS
would have a greater impact......
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
or how about
ELLAND ROAD WELCOMES FEARFUL PLAYERS
ELLAND ROAD WELCOMES FEARFUL PLAYERS
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Ticket pricing - rather than reduce prices dramatically why not try advance ticket reduction?
Buy a ticket more than 1 month early (or whatever) get it dirt cheap through to more expensive on match days.
Let accompanied kids in dirt cheap.
Make the space between the seats larger, I am 6ft 4 and just don't fit anywhere in the Kop.
Bring back the regional supporters clubs.
Buy a ticket more than 1 month early (or whatever) get it dirt cheap through to more expensive on match days.
Let accompanied kids in dirt cheap.
Make the space between the seats larger, I am 6ft 4 and just don't fit anywhere in the Kop.
Bring back the regional supporters clubs.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
I would prefer FEARLESS - we got enough of the other sortfaaip wrote:or how about
ELLAND ROAD WELCOMES FEARFUL PLAYERS
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155479
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Orfaaip wrote:or how about
ELLAND ROAD WELCOMES FEARFUL PLAYERS
Elland Road welcomes Plodders & Hoofers
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
1964white wrote:
Or
Elland Road welcomes Plodders & Hoofers
You got the horsie prediction thread on your mind little old man?
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
Kyle_5351
- First Team

- Posts: 2119
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Pre-season tour of Oz would be good...
It will improve... Well, it will improve. It doesn't matter, just do it.
It will improve... Well, it will improve. It doesn't matter, just do it.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
No body cares about any of the ideas mentioned here.
But I have great one and I have said it before.
Free ice cream batches.
Cornwall clotted cream style.
Hail me as king when this idea turns the club around.
But I have great one and I have said it before.
Free ice cream batches.
Cornwall clotted cream style.
Hail me as king when this idea turns the club around.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155479
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
Just like most of my selections young ladybecchio bear wrote:
You got the horsie prediction thread on your mind little old man?![]()
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: 100 ways to improve our club
1964white wrote:
Or
Elland Road welcomes Plodders & Hoofers
directed at the opposition folks
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"