O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by becchio bear »

Twiggster wrote:
BB admits so being a F/B game playing bored saddo! :lol: I never said you asked me, but F/B asked me on your behalf....so I blocked them. :tup:
i have a choice of who I ask, I only pick the people who also play games. I have to do something while I'm at work lol :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by LUFCRACE »

Armleywhite wrote:I don't use FB anymore. Stupid chats and drivel just made it an infuriating place to be. Trouble is, if you unfiend someone you run the risk of it spilling over into real life. Can't be arsed as to me it serves no purpose. I do keep in touch with family overseas with it, thats the only reason I still have an account.

I used to think Twitter was a waste of time also, yet now use it throughout the day. I can honestly say that everyone I follow is of use to me. Can't say the same for the poor souls that follow me :)

Great for news feeds, more so that the Mainstream media outlets.
You don't need to 'unfriend' people these days to stop seeing their updates... (couldn't agree more with the rest of it)
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by LUFCRACE »

And now Leeds have got their arses into the modern day, it's saving me cash on my 'pay as you go' LUFC Text Service deal. Cancelled it as I get the messages through Twitter almost quicker these days :-D
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Norm »

Interesting points LUFCRACE and Twiggs make.
It seems it would be more like hard work to be so into it but there must be benefits for some to be so enthusiastic about it.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Emsley »

Just when I thought it was only me who thought like this about facebook..
http://theantifacebookleague.com/
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Gino 1959 »

I think both are a waste of time and - in many respects - indicative of many societal ills. FFS I have worked with people sat a few feet apart in offices that emailed each other instead of actually speaking! There is so much more to Life...

...there just has to be!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by LUFCRACE »

Gino 1959 wrote:I think both are a waste of time and - in many respects - indicative of many societal ills. FFS I have worked with people sat a few feet apart in offices that emailed each other instead of actually speaking! There is so much more to Life...

...there just has to be!
I refer to my above statements.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Norm »

Gino 1959 wrote:
I think both are a waste of time and - in many respects - indicative of many societal ills. FFS I have worked with people sat a few feet apart in offices that emailed each other instead of actually speaking! There is so much more to Life...

...there just has to be!
I would guess most of my reservations about the internet in general and these sites in particular are summed up by the number of people who have all these 'friends' they've never met!
gessa

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by gessa »

Gino 1959 wrote:I think both are a waste of time and - in many respects - indicative of many societal ills. FFS I have worked with people sat a few feet apart in offices that emailed each other instead of actually speaking! There is so much more to Life...

...there just has to be!
Says he who shares his king size bed with Ronan,whilst they both bitch on here. :wink:
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Twiggster »

gessa wrote:
Says he who shares his king size bed with Ronan,whilst they both bitch on here. :wink:
:roflmao:
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Dr.Leeds »

I find twitter useful for updates from the club (especially now there is an official twitter feed) and from musicians. Also good for banter with fellow Leeds fans slightly different from that on here.

Don't do Facebook.
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Gino 1959 »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Don't do Facebook.
Sound advice, Doc!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Twiggster »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sound advice, Doc!
Why? If it weren't for social networking, this forum wouldn't exist. Harry would never have met Sally (BB) - and I wouldn't have met my wife.
Oh - ok, social networking is a pile of crap! :wink:
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Gino 1959 »

Forums such as MOT are different as there are no weirdos, nut jobs etc like on FB.

Wait a minute... :mrgreen:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by LUFCRACE »

Gino 1959 wrote:Forums such as MOT are different as there are no weirdos, nut jobs etc like on FB.

Wait a minute... :mrgreen:

The prosecution rests, your honour!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Gino 1959 »

LUFCRACE wrote:
The prosecution rests, your honour!
So which category are you in :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by LUFCRACE »

Gino 1959 wrote: So which category are you in :wink:
you said there are 'no weirdos, nutjobs' you didn't say 'full of' :wink: :lol:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Gino 1959 »

LUFCRACE wrote:
you said there are 'no weirdos, nutjobs' you didn't say 'full of' :wink: :lol:
My "wait a minute..." punchline implied differently :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Norm »

Beyond uneasiness, after assessing the rather dangerous ambitions of its billionaire owner, I have no problem with FB - however I rather hope Google win.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: O/T anyone here who does not use Facebook and twitter?

Post by Emsley »

Just the small fact that over 600 million people are logging in daily?
Everyone's got a storey when facebook fucked them over; Ie family business made public.

to name a few from the top of my head.

People who are your "friends" trawling your info and passing it on to others, such as (and no this isnt me) this guy I know well his EX girl used what he typed against him in court they had some issues with their kid, and the EX was scatty.

People getting abuse over crap typed about one person or someone's name getting thrown in the pot for the witch hunters.
(Yeah you can argue that people who take it in to real life are idiots but it happens all the time)

SOLICITORS warning you not to type or send anything over faebook as it has started been used in court.
(Counter argument, if you are not doing anything wrong then dont worry - )

I've seen friendships in real life, diminish badly on there for simply airing your views!

So if you take in to account stuff like this, really its just a potential pot of trouble.
If you use it and its fine, and it works for you, then fine, good!
Just dont forget their are people who have had bad experiences with the place and both views should be aired.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Post Reply