Adkins signs to Reading?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Twiggster »

Press conference at Reading today, will announce his appointment it seems. :duno:

Thank fekk for that, if true! We are saved!:tup: I was worried we'd actually sign him! :shock:
User avatar
yeboOAAAH
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by yeboOAAAH »

I'm lost for words.. Is that a joke?
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Emsley »

Looks like its gathering momentum, offered the Gig.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by 1964white »

Ole is the man for the job :-D
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:Ole is the man for the job :-D

agreed
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by MeeTa »

1964white wrote:Ole is the man for the job :-D

And just think how easy it would be to make Ole songs
Image
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Once again we lose out a club with no ambition and no future will keep on following them but i see no know success for along time yet,we will end up with some-one like Dowie.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Emsley »

No manager with real ambition looks like taking the Job.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Drs.Dad »

So, who is our next favourite manager? Who has the guts to face up to the job at Elland Road? Who, among the managers currently available has the balls to take on perhaps the most thankless task in the Football Leagues? Discuss!
:duno:
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Once again we lose out a club with no ambition and no future will keep on following them but i see no know success for along time yet,we will end up with some-one like Dowie.
If we appoint the likes of Dowie or similar as our next manager i would seriously comtemplate not renewing my season-ticket. So important our next managerial appointment is the correct one !
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by CardiffWhite »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Once again we lose out a club with no ambition and no future will keep on following them but i see no know success for along time yet,we will end up with some-one like Dowie.
If there is still uncertainty over ownership and finances, I can't see how we're going to attract any quality in terms of managers or players.

I've been out of picture for a while (due to work) so haven't kept up-to-date, but I presume everything is still up in the air regarding GFH and whether they are selling or not?
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Drs.Dad »

CardiffWhite wrote:
If there is still uncertainty over ownership and finances, I can't see how we're going to attract any quality in terms of managers or players.

I've been out of picture for a while (due to work) so haven't kept up-to-date, but I presume everything is still up in the air regarding GFH and whether they are selling or not?

I'm sure GFHC will be reassessing their entire policy towards Leeds United now, having read that, Leon!
:wink:
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by The Subhuman »

is cardiff a leon too or has leon moved to cardiff?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote:
If we appoint the likes of Dowie or similar as our next manager i would seriously comtemplate not renewing my season-ticket!
Dowie and I would seriously consider severing my ties with Leeds. He is a prat of the highest order. I cannot believe anyone ever took him seriously as a player, manager or "pundit" :evil:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Crude »

Adkins aside, who is qualified to lead the club as manager? I can't really come up with a name at this point, short of someone the likes of Mourinho or a similar world-class name. I don't think I'm overstating things either. Just hope GHF doesn't pick a retread like Dowie, etc......... I don't envy their position in all this.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Drs.Dad »

faaip wrote:is cardiff a leon too or has leon moved to cardiff?


Oooooops! :oops:
Image
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote: Dowie and I would seriously consider severing my ties with Leeds. He is a prat of the highest order. I cannot believe anyone ever took him seriously as a player, manager or "pundit" :evil:

I feel the same about Di Canio and I still wish Diouff weren't at the club...nothing will stop me supporting Leeds though.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: I feel the same about Di Canio and I still wish Diouff weren't at the club...nothing will stop me supporting Leeds though.
I listened to him after the Norn Ireland game tonight and he just talks the biggest load of b@lls. Ok we all know that none of us would seriously stop supporting the club, but such an appointment would show a serious lack of ambition.

I just wish that we would give up on journeymen managers - and players - and inject qualities to get us fans excited!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14807
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote: I listened to him after the Norn Ireland game tonight and he just talks the biggest load of b@lls. Ok we all know that none of us would seriously stop supporting the club, but such an appointment would show a serious lack of ambition.

I just wish that we would give up on journeymen managers - and players - and inject qualities to get us fans excited!
+1 Gino :tup:

Sh*te player, sh*te manager, sh*te pundit, Dowie should not get anywhere the manager's office in ER. Unless he's cleaning it!! The appointment of someone of his ilk would send out all the wrong signals to fans, players we might fancy and the footballing world at large; "Leeds United, happy to drift in the Championship (if we're lucky) for years to come. Leave your ambitions at the door, please"

Gunnar Halle's name popped up on twitter yesterday as a dark horse candidate, another who is apparently doing good things in Norwegian football. Maybe MeeTa can give us some info??
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Adkins signs to Reading?

Post by becchio bear »

White hot news this morning said that Colin had had words with Adkins over the weekend and recommended he took the Leeds job........... shortly after he signed for Reading :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Post Reply